"Cathy" Comic Strip to End Its Run

A section for fans of both Western and Eastern forms of graphic novels, manga, magazines, books, and everything in between.
d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

"Cathy" Comic Strip to End Its Run

Postby d.yaro » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:35 pm

I did read that comic strip when I used to buy newspapers at work. I found them to be amusing and good for a light chuckle. Better than today's Garfield but not in the class of zany stuff like Get Fuzzy.
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2010/08/11/cathy-comic-strip.html?ref=rss&loomia_si=t0:a16:g4:r3:c0:b0
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie

Bonham

Re: "Cathy" Comic Strip to End Its Run

Postby Bonham » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:26 pm

Hopefully Family Circus is next. (My attitude towards that is so low that I don't even italicize it.)

Sukunai

Postby Sukunai » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Used to do the graveyard shift at a convenience store, naturally that meant reading the comics.

Always liked this one among a few regulars.
Expert counsel, generous advice from friends, and my own knowledge has left me realizing, I am all that a man needs to be a man, and yet, I live half my day with a woman's frame of mind all the same.
I'd rather something in the way of more mundane troubles :)

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:21 am

Thank god, Cathy has always pissed me off as a comic, it's like "women buy shoes and act bitchy and/or whiny about it" I mean wtf? As a female, this comic has always offended me and I'm glad to see it go.

I would probably say I want Garfield to end too, but Garfield minus Garfield can be pretty awesome so I'll let it slide. Family Circus can go jump off a cliff though.

Return to “Manga, Comics, & Literature”