My goth lolita cosplay may become a reality.

Got pictures of some awesome cosplay outfits? Need cosplay advice? Well here's your one stop shop for all things Cosplay related.
Past

My goth lolita cosplay may become a reality.

Postby Past » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:15 am

Yay the cosplay subforum is born. But it's still so empty (not anymore).

So my friend who makes a lot of cosplay costumes got back to me about helping out with designing and making a dress for me to dress up like a goth lolita grrl. She is really cool with it but we're not sure how to go about making one. Cosmates has lots of great dresses at awesome prices but none of them are going to fit someone who's 6 feet tall. I love this one though:
http://www.cosmates.jp/shop/product_info/pid-10082.html
So cute. Actually according to those measurements, my bust is too big for it but my waist is too small for it >_<
In Soviet Russia; witches strike you!Image

Past

Re: My goth lolita cosplay may become a reality.

Postby Past » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:53 am

Last night my friend and I went fabrics shopping. I bought a pattern and some fabric for the dress she is going to make (hopefully she'll have time). It's kind of a generic pattern but basically it's a dress which I'm using sort of a red and burgundy iridescent cloth with black lace. And there will be a jacket with flared sleeves, which we're still looking for the right fabric for. Not sure how it's gonna turn out, but it will definitely be unique.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:55 am

That's great. Where are you going to wear it?

Past

Postby Past » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:03 am

At the next convention I go to after it's done. I was thinking of crossdressing during the whole convention. I could wear my pink cheongsam on Friday, my goth lolita oufit on Saturday and my jeanskirt and cute sleeveless top on Sunday. I'll be sure to get lots of pictures taken.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:35 am

Oh so you'll be able to wear it soon.
I haven't had a reason to wear any kind of costume in years :lol:

Past

Postby Past » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:08 am

Zanarkand Princess wrote:I haven't had a reason to wear any kind of costume in years :lol:
Like I said, gotta get creative and in the mood for it and you can be just about any anime character. Maybe you can do what I'm doing and create some unique styles inspired by anime and Asian culture. Design an original character, write a small fanfic about him or her and cosplay that character. I see lots of people do that.

Return to “Cosplay”