Convention/Cosplay Event Photos

Got pictures of some awesome cosplay outfits? Need cosplay advice? Well here's your one stop shop for all things Cosplay related.
Psycho 101
Promoter

Convention/Cosplay Event Photos

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:12 am

So if you've got pictures from cons, events, or just random ones you've found online of cosplayers and their outfits share them with the rest of us. I'll be posting mine here soon.

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Re: Convention/Cosplay Event Photos

Postby d.yaro » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Photo of a cosplay centaur at a moment when he was not dragging his ass around the convention centre. I emphasize that it's a fellow since I spotted a pic of this person on another forum and someone was going "It's a guy folks! It's not a she!" like it was some big thing. Whatever... Oh yes, Ryuk here is a woman. ;)
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:10 pm

d.yaro wrote: Oh yes, Ryuk here is a woman. ;)

I'm not a giant Death Note fan or whatever, but I'd probably squeal seeing that Ryuk cosplayer before going over to take a picture. Really awesome.

Here are some random faves of mine from Dragon*con last year:

Comic girls in the art nouveau style of Alphonse Mucha.

Zombie Dorthy

The Red Witch from George R.R. Martin's Fire and Ice series.

I have no idea where they got the idea, but it was awesome: Clockwork Orange Spiderman

Doctor Girlfriend/Mrs. Monarch/Whatever from Venture Bros

Stone Angel from one of the most awesome Dr. Who eps ever.

Witchblade in where the woman went around with nothing but body paint. I had better pictures but they're missing.

As a Harry Potter fan I couldn't pass this dude up.

I'm realizing now I'm missing a whole role of some of my pics. Boo. My camera I took pictures with were shit, and Dragon*con is so stuffed with people it's HARD to take pictures of cosplayers.
See Scott Pilgrim or Die Trying (you may earn a life in the process)

Saki

Postby Saki » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:21 pm

Centaur is called Neliel Tu Oderschvank :3.

And because I has a lazy, I'll just place my entire FB album.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9 ... b5f105277e
ImageImage

Nankatsu's Field: Updated every Monday

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:25 am

Littlewolf wrote:Witchblade in where the woman went around with nothing but body paint. I had better pictures but they're missing.
Couldn't resist... Here's a video of it being applied: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDEQbJosC2A
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

Tony K.
Location: Frisco, TX, U.S.A., Earth, Sol System, The Milky Way

Postby Tony K. » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:51 pm

"You're an idiot!" - Dr. Gregory House

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:57 pm

I am a Witchblade fanboy of the highest order. So that video/cosplay makes me fangasm. Not just cause she's got big breasts or is hot. Simply because that is a freaking awesome paint job. I mean that must have taken hours and the details were very very awesome. She also with her hair and face look the part as well as Sara Pezzini. Truth be told her breasts actually look too big compared to the role lol. That is just an amazing job. Now if only I could find one like that for Purgatori or Lady Death.....

And speaking of good jobs that's a pretty good outfit yourself there Tony. I can only imagine how often ya got stopped to pose for a picture.

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:16 pm

That's awesome you found the video d.yaro. I forgot all about them posting it after the con. It must have taken her hours. I felt so sorry for her though because the woman was always in the same spot in the Hilton hotel, posing for pictures all day for people. She had a constant crowd, but still, she was there for a very very long time posing.

Tony: You're cosplay was just awesome. I don't even like Zero's character, but I would fangirl over you and beg for a couple of poses if I saw you at a con. Did you construct it all yourself? If so: HOW THE HELL DID YOU MAKE THE HELMET!

And I say that in all caps to represent my total awe at your skills.

Tony K.
Location: Frisco, TX, U.S.A., Earth, Sol System, The Milky Way

Postby Tony K. » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:50 pm

I bought the costume and mask. The suit itself is a little messed up on the pants (uneven stitching at the zipper and all over the sides), not to mention the entire things was the wrong color. I specifically asked if they could switch the fabric color to purple, but they gave me navy blue. Fortunately, the cape is big enough that I can cover up those goofs.

The mask I bought from a cosplay site for about $250. Yeah.. expensive, but it's absolutely perfect aside from not having that mechanical eye opening and some kind of microphone-speaker set up to let me talk all military dictator-like. I was gonna' try to construct the mask, but I only had about a month to go before the actual con transpired, and I was busy enough working as it was, so I just dished out the money.

My mother is taking a trip to her home country (Laos) sometime next year, and her cousins made me a pretty spiffy Shinomori Aoshi costume the last time she went, so I'll see if they can make a great purple Zero suit this time.
"You're an idiot!" - Dr. Gregory House

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:55 pm

The infamous Zero cosplayer is you? (Seriously that picture is the go to example of how to cosplay Zero) I would have never guessed.

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:19 am

I have no problem at all when a person buys or commissions a costume, I'm there to see people dressed up my fave characters. It's just a bonus for me if they made it cause then I can get tips. That said, that helmet is totally awesome, though I could never see me paying that much for it. I hope you get much use out of that costume.

That's awesome your family can probably fix up the mistakes in fabric you mentioned. It shouldn't be too hard to get a seam ripper out and just make identical pieces to sew back together in their places based off what was already made if you send the actual costume you already have to them to go by. But then again I'm not an experienced seamstress, so their are probably easier ways to go about doing it.

That reminds me, I came across this picture months ago looking at some cosplay and had no idea who she is. Now that I've seen Code Geass I know she's Euphemia. I want her wig so bad.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:10 am

That one is really good.

I have no idea who I could ever cosplay as because I could only plausibly look like 1% of all anime characters..

Past

Postby Past » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:07 am

You don't have to look exactly like the anime character you're cosplaying as ZP. A well made outfit and the right attitude is all you need. Personally I think you'd make a cute Anita King from R.O.D TV especially with a short pink wig, that would be awesome.

Look at me, I never even cosplay characters that are the same sex as me.
In Soviet Russia; witches strike you!Image

Saki

Postby Saki » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:00 pm

I don't think I'd even be able to do cosplay. i'm too self-conscious.
ImageImage

Nankatsu's Field: Updated every Monday

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Past wrote:You don't have to look exactly like the anime character you're cosplaying as ZP. A well made outfit and the right attitude is all you need. Personally I think you'd make a cute Anita King from R.O.D TV especially with a short pink wig, that would be awesome.

Look at me, I never even cosplay characters that are the same sex as me.

:lol: Yeah she's adorable. One of my few pink hair exceptions.
Somehow some of my friends has insisted that I was Zakuro Fujiwara and should we ever cosplay that's who I had to be. Zakuro or the Tsundere goddess herself.

And Past..who can resist a cute dress anyway?

Saki wrote:I don't think I'd even be able to do cosplay. i'm too self-conscious.

I don't really think you should be self-conscious in that kind of setting. It's not like your out there alone, there are lots of other people doing it too.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:06 am

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/bliz ... ry/1346830

While this is from Blizzcon which features Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft, I thought I'd post it because some of the costumes are pretty neat.

Past

Postby Past » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:39 am

Here's a few of my photos I took at Expo.
Sorry some of the pics are blurry the focus on my camera is broken.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:10 pm

A Miku one...why am I not surprised lol? ;) Nice pics. I need to load up all my pics from the various cons onto FlickR and post links.

Past

Postby Past » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:39 am

There were lots of Mikus. The most interesting and well done Miku cosplay was a male Miku: Not a guy crossplaying as Miku, but a guy in an outfit that took many of the elements of Miku's style and turned it into a male outfit. I wish I had snapped a picture, but it was kind of awkward since we were on the bus.

And yes I also saw a Black Rock Shooter cosplayer. Surprised there weren't that many though. At the Danny Choo panel there was a girl cosplaying as Mato who is [spoiler]in fact the persona behind Black Rock Shooter.[/spoiler]

There were a LOT of goth lolita and maid outfits. I tried to take pictures of as many as I could but they were just everywhere.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:45 am

So I got done uploading all my pics from Otakon years 1005, 2006, and 2009. For sopme reason I can't find 2007 and 2008 anywhere. I wonder if I hadn't saved them elsewhere and lost them when my friend Jason built me a new computer. That would suck. Anyways here are the 3 years I have loaded so far. I'll have Nekocon pics up soon as well.

Otakon 2009
Otakon 2006
Otakon 2005

Return to “Cosplay”