What are you watching on TV?

What's new in Hollywood? What are you watching on TV? Got any classics you wanna discuss? Here's the place.
freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Re: What are you watching on TV?

Postby freezespell » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:57 pm

Tonight I'll be watching the season finale of Jersey Shore. It's been a very good season and I can't wait until they air Season 5 where they go back to Seaside.
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:20 am

Watched one of my favorite guilty pleasures: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team.

Always fun to watch, especially the initial auditions. With some of these girls, you do have to wonder "What were they thinking?" because they are either incredibly bad dancers or are in bad shape.

I also have to wonder about why would you try out for something like this then say that you were glad you got cut because you didn't think you would be able to have the time or the commitment for it.

Looking forward to upcoming episodes - bad me but I do like watching when Ms. Kelli and Ms.Judy pull the girls into the office and place pictures in front of them and ask "Is this you with the guy doing..." You dummies! Pull that crap off your social media site before you even try out! If you have ANY amount of common sense, you should realize that they (and other employers for that matter) are going to look!

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Geez, I never even heard of that show bashfulglowfly! I have an extreme distaste for the Dallas Cowboys though, so I don't think I can tolerate watching their potentially future cheerleaders. (Bad history with Buffalo Bills... Tom knows.)

So, I currently have three upcoming shows on my radar: Grimm, Top Chef Dallas, and Next Iron Chef! All start in the next week or just after.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Sentire wrote:Geez, I never even heard of that show bashfulglowfly! I have an extreme distaste for the Dallas Cowboys though, so I don't think I can tolerate watching their potentially future cheerleaders. (Bad history with Buffalo Bills... Tom knows.)

So, I currently have three upcoming shows on my radar: Grimm, Top Chef Dallas, and Next Iron Chef! All start in the next week or just after.

The show is on CMT but, if you don't like the cowboys, I understand.

Grimm does look interesting. I'm going to check out Once Upon a Time tomorrow night. We'll see.

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Oh yeah, Sean mentioned there was a similar show coming out called "Once Upon a Time".... I haven't seen the previews myself. I'll have to check it out now.

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:48 am

Grimm looks very stylish and fun. I like that they made it edgy and dark and not teenage and lame.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:30 am

chrisb wrote:Grimm looks very stylish and fun. I like that they made it edgy and dark and not teenage and lame.

As a long time fan of Grim's Fairytales I a stoked for this. Any fans should check out the comic line. Very dark but sexy too hehe. So hope this show is taken seriously and doesn't sparkle if you catch my drift.

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:13 pm

chrisb wrote:Grimm looks very stylish and fun. I like that they made it edgy and dark and not teenage and lame.
I think that is how it should be because the tales themselves are very dark. It's kind of funny that most fairy tales touch on themes of greed, vanity, sloth, you know, the seven deadly sins... yet we read them as children (or to them). I guess that is kind of the idea, to help teach the differences between right and wrong... one story in particular comes to mind which I used to read over and over again... "The Girl Who Trod on a Loaf" from Andersen's Fairy Tales. Boy, that one made an impression! If you haven't read that one before, I'd highly recommend it.

aya honda

Postby aya honda » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Dean, sweet Dean... I swear Supernatural is ready to break my heart yet again this season. While this week's episode was so and so, I must say I enjoyed seeing James Masters and Charisma Carpenter together playing this awfully [spoiler]in love but psychotic witches who want to solve their marital problems by killing people in awful and bloody ways.[/spoiler] :roll: Love the scene at the beginning of the episode, but I hate the fact that they have taken yet again the same issue with [spoiler]Dean hiding stuff from Sam again, especially stuff that might break them - killing that Amy girl[/spoiler], Seriously, can't we get this issue over with?

I still have to see two more episodes from Merlin, but I didn't have time. :(

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:44 am

Grimm - What a disappointment. Silly instead of dark, horrible acting, and very very cheesy.

American Horror Story - This seems to go from creepy to stupid and back again every 10 minutes. I'm sticking with it, but I hope they have an ending in mind instead of letting it go on forever.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:42 am

chrisb wrote:Grimm - What a disappointment. Silly instead of dark, horrible acting, and very very cheesy.

I stopped watching it after the first episode.

I am LOVING Once Upon a Time. I'm really enjoying that one.

aya honda

Postby aya honda » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:52 pm

bashfulglowfly wrote:I am LOVING Once Upon a Time. I'm really enjoying that one.
Yeah, I have started to watch this one too. I have just seen the first episode and looked interesting enough to look for the next episodes as well.

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:46 am

The new season of Storage Wars is going to start tonight so I'm going to watch it.
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Truered

Postby Truered » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:53 pm

There have only really been three main shows for me these last few weeks.

In order from worst to best.

Terra nova Dear lord terra nova. Had I been capable of such a thing, I might have squeed when I saw the words Spielberg and dinosaurs. And a budget. And Stephen Lang.

Eventually you plan to have dinosaurs in your dinosaur show. Right? Hello?

Instead of omg dinosaurs, we get a cheesy cliched trite pos about a cop who broke the law "because it seemed like a good idea at the time" his wife who does science, his son Angsty McDouchebag, a brat and an older daughter who shows what happens if you try to push the adorkable trope too far. As I said on FB once, during one episode the 30 second trailer for the Jurassic Park blu ray featured more dinosaurs than a 45ish minute show.

The walking dead What happened? Series 1 was fun, but this is really starting to drag. And I can't remember so much god-related stuff in the first series (give us a chance, maybe it's his time, etc etc). At the moment the only interesting characters are Shane and Darryl.

Friendship is magic I don't know what the reaction is to the show on here. Up until about three weeks ago I was hostile towards it, as it always seemed to take over topics etc. Well as Yahtzee may once have said, sometimes popular things are popular because they are good.

I had tried it once before, but was scared away by the very girly start to the OP. Finally caved in and gave it another chance after half of my uni friends seemed to fall under its spell on FB. Turns out the humour is funny, the characters are distinct and likeable and the songs which at first I thought uh-oh towards are all quite catchy.

But more so it's what the (non-creepy) fans come up with that keep me interested too. So many funny or cute pictures/comics. So many youtube videos bookmarked :lol:

But it isn't cute enough to stop me feeling pissed about terra nova
Image Image Image

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:18 am

A while back I mentioned that I was waiting for a show called Storage Wars: Dallas to air on A&E. Well, the premiere will be on tonight but it's now called Storage Wars: Texas. I can't wait to see how Texas differs from L.A. in this series.

Truered

Postby Truered » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:19 pm

I suddenly realized a few days ago I'm watching a zombie show without many zombies, and a time travelling-dinosaur show without any dinosaurs :?
Image Image Image

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:22 am

^ :lol:

Dexter has been a little weak this season. I am looking forward to the climax though.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:23 am

OMG! Once Upon a Time gets better with every episode! It is flat out my favorite new SciFi/Fantasy show this year.

I can't say that it is flat out my favorite new show period because I really enjoy Person of Interest a whole heck of a lot too!

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:26 am

Doctor Who Xmas special 2011! They're made one every year starting with DAvid Tennant, except that was also like the first ep of his run and contained story (while the ones since have really been more just an episodic thing, except that Catherine Tate came back)

Ok, so my favorite Xmas special so far is still the one before this one, Matt Smith's first one, A Christmas Carol. That one really felt like a Christmas episode and not just an episode that took place around xmas like most of them do. My second favorite one has to be runaway bride because Donna Noble became my favorite companion. I dunno, though The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe was one of the weaker ones basically without saying any spoilers.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:00 am

I liked this Doctor Who Christmas quite a bit indeed. However my favorite one is still the Titanic one. It was awesome and not just because Kylie Minogue was in it. It was sad, and beautiful and fun. Tennant was also badass in his intro to the other cast members.
Not to mention the little run in with himself right before the Titanic crashed into his TARDIS.

Return to “TV & Movies”