What are you watching on TV?

What's new in Hollywood? What are you watching on TV? Got any classics you wanna discuss? Here's the place.
bashfulglowfly

Re: What are you watching on TV?

Postby bashfulglowfly » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm watching "The Pacific" on HBO. Three episodes into it and I'm liking it a lot. Of course, I enjoyed "Band of Brothers" as well.

I wish regular TV would do stuff like this!

aya honda

Postby aya honda » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:48 pm

I am faithful to Supernatural and Merlin at the moment and I have started again to watch Once Upon A Time. My best friend has started to watch it so I had to re-start watching it again, of course. Also Sons of Anarchy is blowing me up this season. So heartbreaking and yet so great. I still love it though it makes me scream sometimes.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:45 am

So weird watching Sons of Anrachy and seeing Katy Segal in it. To go from Married with Children to this show.....big difference lol.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:04 pm

I was watching "The Men Who Built America" on the History Channel. Good series - I guess you could describe it as a docudrama - Actors portraying Vanderbilt, Carnegie, Rockefeller, JP Morgan, Ford, Edision and Tesla with a Narrator, Historians and others talking. Really good. Learned a few things.

Now I'm watching "Mankind: The Story of Us" also on the History Channel.

dccs

Postby dccs » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:37 am

Season 4 of "Being Human" the UK version... It's now of Netflix!!! Attempted to watch the US version and barely got through the first episode. It reminded me of Dawson's Creek, but with vampires, werewolves and a ghost... and way too much music to make up for acting skills (snap judgement based solely on the 1st episode, and after watching three seasons of the original UK version).

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Hopefully in the near future, I'll be watching a show on the Disney Channel called Girl Meets World. It's a sequel series to the classic Boy Meets World that was on in the 90s. It's in the very early stages right now, but they've already got Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel on board for the pilot. In this series, they have a daughter named Riley, and the show will primarily focus on her. I can't wait to see what the future holds on this. I was a Boy Meets World fan way back in the day and to see this sequel come to fruition would be awesome! :D
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:00 am

Oh man, I'm so glad IFC plays Malcolm in the Middle every freakin' day. I remember watching it when I was a kid, when it was just coming on, enjoyed it, but now I realize that it's simply one of the best comedy series to ever be made in the US. Why the hell wasn't this show more adored? It's got this amazing timeless humor and it trusts its audience to get the jokes and doesn't have a laugh track or anything annoying. Seriously, the writers for this show were absolutely brilliant!

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 pm

I definitely have a thing for finding good shows on TV. Three shows currently have my attention: they are Snooki and JWoww, The Joe Schmo Show, and the show that if you're not watching you should be, King of the Nerds. Not to mention the new season of Survivor next month. All this TV is taking away from my video game time. -.-
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:50 pm

There's really only three things I watch on TV right now. Two being cooking shows; Chopped and Iron Chef. And the other thing being The Walking Dead. WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS.

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:27 am

The first season of King of the Nerds is in the books and I really enjoyed seeing my people out there competing for the crown and the right to sit atop The Throne of Games. There was a very diverse cast of characters this season: you had somebody working at NASA, a hacker, a video game vlogger (Lok'tar Ogar), a live-action role player, a neuroscientist, a pro gamer, and a guy in pink hair with a thing for jorts, among others. One aspect of nerddom that was notably absent was that there was nobody representing all the anime otaku in that competition. That is an issue that definitely needs to be addressed in Season 2. ;)

dccs

Postby dccs » Wed May 29, 2013 12:34 pm

Gintama.... Finished Seasons 1 and 2, watching Season 3 now. I'm addicted. And I think I saw somewhere that they're doing a Gintama movie....which just means that I'll have to watch even more Gintama in marathon doses!

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:02 am

Just finished watching True Blood Premier! This season is going to be awesome!

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:50 am

Free HBO/Cinemax weekend so I have a lot to watch.

Started watching "Graceland" on USA. Various Federal Law Enforement agents sharing a beach house in Los Angeles. So far, so good.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:19 am

There is a new show that starts next week (I think) on SyFy. It's called "Heros of Cosplay." I think that it may be a game show premise. Looking forward to seeing what it is about.

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:11 am

Walking Dead mid season finale tonight ):

So much feel

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:22 am

I have to say that my hands down favorite new show this season is THE BLACKLIST. James Spader is simply delicious as "Red" Reddington.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:50 am

That mid season finale was awesome. So much death and splosions.

However..... i seriously dislike The Blacklist. It's an ultra campy crap out of a show and i cannot believe Ironside was cancelled but this crap still lives.

GOT DAYUM IT

beken

Postby beken » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:26 am

Face Off.

The movie with Nicolas Cage and John Travolta swapping faces but um...not bodies. :?

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:46 pm

I recently have watched a few episodes of Elementary for the first time. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel regarding this modern adaptation of Sherlock Holmes, but I rather like it. I like the rapport I see between Dr. Watson and Detective Holmes. I'm impressed with both Lucy Lui and Jonny Lee Miller, and will probably continue to catch more episodes.

Hattie

Postby Hattie » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:47 am

So I don't really watch TV on the big screen anymore, except when The Walking Dead is on. I watch everything through Hulu+, Netflix, or HBO GO on mah new iPad Air~ (bragging) :)

I'm currently re-watching Rome on HBO. It's one of my favorite shows ever! I'm so disappointed that it's only two seasons. They had to cancel it because the show was super expensive. They "ended" it by combining material that would have gone into seasons 3-5 all into season 2. So sad... I love pretty much ALL of the characters/actors!

Waiting for the final seasons of True Blood and Boardwalk Empire this year, and hopefully a very impressive season five of TWD.

Return to “TV & Movies”