What are you watching on TV?

What's new in Hollywood? What are you watching on TV? Got any classics you wanna discuss? Here's the place.
freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Re: What are you watching on TV?

Postby freezespell » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:58 am

For the last two nights, I've been watching The X Factor! :D I've been waiting for the premiere of that show for the past year and a half now! Seeing the return of the old Simon Cowell was just fantastic! During tonight's episode, we got another classic Cowell-ism from him. "You sing like a 3-year-old with a cold!" Very funny, if I do say so myself! :lol:
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:28 am

New Girl - Hot hipster girl trying way too hard to be nerdy. It just does not work. Am I really supposed to think this woman is undesirable? I will stab my leg with a fork if I ever see the word adorkable again. Stop making me rage tv critics!

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Now you know how I feel, Chris. ;)
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

aya honda

Postby aya honda » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:01 pm

So Supernatural happened this week. Yay. Although I was probably one of the few who didn't want a 7th season, I must say the season premier was really captivating and quite well written. I must confess I love Death. He quickly turns into my favourite character. It was good to see the boys again and I am definitely hooked for now. Let's see what's going to happen next. I am curious about the next episode since it's written by Ben Edlund.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:17 am

I didn't want a 6th season, but once it showed up i wanted a 7th season lol

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:21 am

^At first, I was thinking, "What's so important about Ben Edlund that would catch your interest about a particular episode of Supernatural?" After finding out about him, I read that he was the creator of The Tick. That was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid, so now, I can see why it would pique your curiosity.

Last week, I stumbled upon one of my favorite episodes of The Simpsons. In that episode, Homer decides to get out of a workplace exercise program by becoming so fat that he can qualify for disability and work at home. My favorite part of the episode was Homer not being able to figure out how to use a computer, but to be honest, I haven't been able to find the "any" key either. :lol:

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:02 pm

I loved Pan Am!

Watched the season premiere on Hulu. Even though I was looking forward to it, I was still surprised by how great it was. I figure it's building upon the Mad Men popularity, which I still need to see, and I absolutely adore the 1960s era (as well as pretty much any period piece). Also, Christina Ricci? Wow, it's been a while! She was great in this. I'm not familiar with any of the others.

Saw the premiere of new show Whitney as well. I don't usually watch shows like this one, but it was pretty good, and obviously I like seeing more interesting female characters. Hopefully it stays as interesting.

All my other shows are premiering, too, like Glee and the NBC comedies. The Office doesn't quite feel right anymore, and Ricky Gervais was right about the show "jumping the shark" at the end of last season. I'll still watch, but it needs to really change. Parks and Rec, on the other hand, is only getting better and better. LOVE this show! Community was good, too, but I'm hoping for a little less "theme" episodes.

What else? Oh, Modern Family. One of the most consistently good shows. I don't believe it deserved to steal all those Emmys, though. (Parks and Rec!) Anyway, really looking forward to a good season.
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:28 am

Never seen Doctor Who til today. I've been missing out on some awesome stuff. My 8 year old cousin introduced me to it :)

aya honda

Postby aya honda » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:03 pm

freezespell wrote:^At first, I was thinking, "What's so important about Ben Edlund that would catch your interest about a particular episode of Supernatural?" After finding out about him, I read that he was the creator of The Tick. That was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid, so now, I can see why it would pique your curiosity.
He is really a good writer (very intelligent too) and one of the few whom that I particularly like when it comes to Supernatural.

And talking about this week's episode of Supernatural... Jesus Christ!!!!! I think this is slowly building up to become the creepiest, bloodiest, most violent and heart breaking season of all. I turned my head from the computer a couple of times (again I was struck by the irony of watching a show like this one since it's so far out of what I normally watch). The guys played great in this one: [spoiler]their confrontation towards the end of the episode when Sam didn't know what was real anymore and Dean trying to get him back was really awesome[/spoiler]. And I adored Mark Pellegrino in this episode. I think Cas [spoiler]or the Leviathan (this is how you spell it?) that is currently Cas will turn up to be that evil boss that the bad guys kept mentioning[/spoiler]. Anyways I am really happy about the first two episodes of this season and I just hope they are going to keep up the good work.

I am really happy about this month since most of the shows I have been watching have finally premiered. Glee and The Big Bang Theory are back. Modern Family is awesome as per usual. I am also waiting for Merlin to premiere (yeah, BBC I am looking at you). And I want to try The Secret Circle. A friend of mine has been watching it but I don't know.... Is anyone here familiar with it?

@chris: It's never too late to discover the awesomeness of Doctor Who, little brother. :D Just saying...

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:24 am

It's just so entertaining and charming. I feel too lazy to go back 5 seasons and watch what I've missed though :?

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:02 am

chrisb wrote:It's just so entertaining and charming. I feel too lazy to go back 5 seasons and watch what I've missed though :?

NO, BAD CHRIS. I myself have this thing against going back to watch shows but for the love of god if there's ever a show to do it for, Doctor Who is the one. By far the best show on tv, in any country.

That being said i need to backtrack Fringe, Supernatural and Dexter....

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:05 am

Dexter is a breeze to get through. Showtime shows are awesome for marathoning :)

aya honda

Postby aya honda » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Since we keep on talking about Moffat's creations around here, I need a moment here to thank BBC for Sherlock Holmes. I finally got to watch on AXN the first part and let me just gush about it. It's absolutely wonderful - love the actors, the nice pace of action and the quirky exchange of lines. Just brilliant. Oh, and, brother, you should really catch up with Doctor Who. Just saying... It worths all the effort.

And also Merlin finally premiered last weekend. Interesting episode, action packed, still not convinced at all by the relationship between Gwen and Arthur (there's no chemistry whatsoever between Bradley James and Angel Coulby; seriously, none). I still hope that Arthur finds out early in this season that Merlin is a wizard because otherwise this will turn really silly. Still like it though. And the knights aren't bad at all. ;)

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:25 pm

chrisb wrote:Dexter is a breeze to get through. Showtime shows are awesome for marathoning :)

I marathoned the first 3 seasons for the 4th, watched the 4th, lost track a few eps into the 5th, now need to do the 5th for the 6th lol

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:46 am

I am really enjoying A Person of Interest. Good show. Hope it doesn't get cancelled.

The Playboy Club I couldn't even watch 10 minutes of...no wonder it got the first cancellation of the season!

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:30 pm

American Horror Story why must you suck so hard? :x I was really looking forward to this.

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:06 am

I'm pumped up about new episodes of Beavis and Butt-Head coming in three weeks! I saw the trailer for the new episodes and I cannot wait for the premiere! This is gonna be awesome!

Last night I watched the new episode of South Park and I must say that [spoiler]I didn't think Trey and Matt would change a status quo that has been around for almost 15 years. Maybe it was for the best, though, I mean, they were probably afraid that the show would jump the shark if they made the changes permanent. I think they tried something like that earlier in the show's run but it didn't work out for them.[/spoiler] But it was still a very good episode, IMO.

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:13 am

chrisb wrote:Never seen Doctor Who til today. I've been missing out on some awesome stuff. My 8 year old cousin introduced me to it :)

Yay! Another Dr. Who fan in our midst! I continue to love this show.

Definitely looking forward to Grimm. One of my favorite, old books is Grimm's Fairy Tales. This show seems like it is right up my alley. Also, can't wait for the new Top Chef! Total awesomeness!

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:30 pm

For the past week or two, I've been watching The Jeremy Kyle Show. I'm pretty sure Truered and Zin5ki have heard of him but I've just recently found out about him and I can see why they brought him to the U.S. The world would be a whole lot better if more people were like him.

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:19 am

I love 2 Broke Girls. It's hot and witty.

Return to “TV & Movies”