Pixar is no longer working on "Newt"

What's new in Hollywood? What are you watching on TV? Got any classics you wanna discuss? Here's the place.
Pastachan

Pixar is no longer working on "Newt"

Postby Pastachan » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Apparently this is actually old news. Like, since around May. But I feel so ashamed I didn't catch it until now. They've "taken Newt off of [their] development schedule to allow [their] creative teams to focus on these upcoming projects." Those upcoming projects being Cars 2, to be released next year, and Brave and Monsters, Inc. 2 in 2012. Notice how two of the three are sequels. It's so irritating!

Brave (previously known as The Bear and the Bow) is the only thing I have to look forward to now. Not that Pixar doesn't make good sequels... it's just, eh...

Just look at this face! What it could have been!

Although some sources have said it's cancelled, it seems to me from the above quote that they're setting it aside for now. It's labeled as an unfinished project, but that doesn't mean it'll never come to be. Pixar had some really great concept art that I hope never goes to waste.
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

doug19992000

Re: Pixar is no longer working on "Newt"

Postby doug19992000 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Mom bought my nephew Cars 2 yesterday, so I'm watching the movie with him, and there's previews for two up coming Pixar films. The first one was for Brave, which looks good, however it's still the same trailer they released from a year ago. Would have been nice if they gave us something different. Like show some of the other characters in the movie, or have the main character talk, assuming she's not mute that is. The other preview was for Cars 3, er I mean Planes. Yup, they have a movie like Cars, except with Planes coming out in the Spring of 2013.

beken

Re: Pixar is no longer working on "Newt"

Postby beken » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:11 pm

doug19992000 wrote:.... The other preview was for Cars 3, er I mean Planes. Yup, they have a movie like Cars, except with Planes coming out in the Spring of 2013.

Sounds like Steve Jobs gone, Disney is running out of ideas. : (

Return to “TV & Movies”