'The Expendables', soon to be the greatest action movie EVER

What's new in Hollywood? What are you watching on TV? Got any classics you wanna discuss? Here's the place.
Emerje
Tech Staff

'The Expendables', soon to be the greatest action movie EVER

Postby Emerje » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:54 am

Check it out!!!!!

Sylvester Stallone
Jason Statham
Jet Li
Dolph Lundgren
Randy Couture
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Bruce Willis
Mickey Rourke
Arnold Schwarzenegger

MY GOD, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?! This might be the last action movie we'll ever need!

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

Psycho 101
Promoter

Re: 'The Expendables', soon to be the greatest action movie EVER

Postby Psycho 101 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:36 am

Emerje wrote:Check it out!!!!!

Sylvester Stallone
Jason Statham
Jet Li
Dolph Lundgren
Randy Couture
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Bruce Willis
Mickey Rourke
Arnold Schwarzenegger

MY GOD, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?! This might be the last action movie we'll ever need!

Emerje

I think I just jizzed in my pants. :oops: Stone Cold as a bad guy though...nice.

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:42 pm

DAMN! I've never been much of an action fan but even this has me excited.
Dammit, it’s my turn to say dammit.” -Daria.
What are you listening to? challenge: Completed 102 of 114.

Truered

Postby Truered » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:10 am

Hehehe I can remember reading about this a few months ago while lurking on SA. Been looking forward to it, I might even go to the cinema to watch it (I find the cinema to be really overpriced).

Watched the trailer a few times today
Image Image Image

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:37 am

So I saw it tonight at the midnight showing. Friend had a gift card for the theater and was nice enough to share with me. While I was not drunk I do feel manlier and the idea of f***ing a steak and then eating a hooker does sound appealing. Between all the yelling, explosions, bullets, more screaming, and total manliness the pure overwhelming desire to just roundhouse kick someone and scream afterwards is hard to resist. The movie was a bit cheesy but who cares. The humor worked (loved the part with Willis, Stallone, and Ahnold) well and yes there was an abundance of action. More action then you can shake a stick at. The sound effects were simply deafening. They jacked up the sound of every bullet fired and punch thrown. Every time someone gets thrown to the ground it sounds like their back was broken. In other words it was awesome! If what I read online is true the other awesome part is Stallone wanted it to be as real as possible so very little CG was used. In other words those explosions are probably just big effing explosions.

One really awesome part was when Terry Crew's character is mowing down a bunch of guys with his fully automatic shotgun. The sound and his expression made me think of those Old Spice commercials he did. I kept imaging him in them with the shotgun or him with a bottle of Old Spice body wash in the movie heh. If you want to feel manly and macho and watch a movie with non stop ridiculous action this is your ticket.

Return to “TV & Movies”