The Grand Tour

What's new in Hollywood? What are you watching on TV? Got any classics you wanna discuss? Here's the place.
beken

The Grand Tour

Postby beken » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:52 pm

The other day, a limited number of Super Nintendo Entertainment Systems - Classic editions (SNES - Classic) went on sale . They are smaller versions of the original, but with the games built in.
Now you can always get the games online, but you don't get the controllers and plug in box. And it was for a great price. Only problem is, each place only had a limited number and they would sell out within minutes
of arriving in stores.

Enter Amazon, who advertises that they have a few available to Prime members only. So I signed up for Prime only to go through the entire sales process. Putting a unit on my shopping cart, going to check out, enter credit card info, choose my delivery option and submit. Then after while, I get an error message that says they have already oversold the number of units available and no more exist. But they still have it on their site with units available.

Since the first month of Prime is free and once you sign on, you will never get a free month again, I will keep Prime for a month and try it out. With your prime membership, you get free shipping, Prime Movies, Prime TV, Prime Music, Prime Twitch (Games) and a host of other online perks. So it's not all that bad a value.

So I watched the first episode of The Grand Tour with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May (fired from Top Gear).

They even joked about their career job description as "getting fired".

I found it quite humorous. Being their first show, they managed to kill all their guests. One making a grand entrance by jumping out of a plane and the parachute not opening, one by being mauled by poisonous snakes in the Mojave desert, and one just being dead in the studio. Yes...silly.

But it was a fun watch. I might even go watch episode 2 tonight.

Streamed off Amazon Prime Video.

BTW...I read somewhere that Walmart would be getting some so I sent my wife to go pick one up at the Walmart near our home. She got one. The store only received 3 units.

Return to “TV & Movies”