What movie did you see last?

What's new in Hollywood? What are you watching on TV? Got any classics you wanna discuss? Here's the place.
d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Re: What movie did you see last?

Postby d.yaro » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Went and saw "Ghost in the Shell" tonight. Wow.... It's a pretty dumbed down entry in the GitS franchise. Couldn't understand why the action scenes seemed kind of lifeless. I'm kind of echoing the reviewer on the CBC website when I say the soul has been sucked out of this movie. There are a lot of scenes lifted straight out of the original movie but they just don't have the same impact. Even the poor basset hound was unable to lift its scenes above "meh".

I saw the subtitled version tonight. I sort of wonder if I should of seen the dubbed in Japanese version. While the idea is tempting, it might not actually make a difference.

I'm giving this one a 4/10.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline / My last.fm music profile / Anime Alley on Last.fm!

beken

Postby beken » Wed May 03, 2017 8:22 am

Fate of the Furious (fast n furious 7) was a fun movie. Not a lot of realistic physics happening here, but lots of action.

If you've watched all the previous FnF movies, then you'll find all the bad guys are now good guys and the bad guy in this movie gets away....meaning there will probably be another one. Actually, you probably should watch most of the earlier movies to get some context of why certain things happen in this movie.

They've killed off a few people so a few won't be coming back.

I enjoyed it for the action and comedy.

beken

Postby beken » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Star wars - Rogue One - spoiler alert: everybody dies
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - spoiler alert: dad dies
Beauty and the Beast - spoiler alert: Beast gets shot multiple times but doesn't die. Gaston dies but is very much alive at the end of the move during the credit roll.

Return to “TV & Movies”