Ask the poster below you any question

A place for us all to unwind and play those silly little forum games we all secretly love.
chrisb

Re: Ask the poster below you any question

Postby chrisb » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:43 am

^ Grease lost it's charm for me after they showed over and over at school too. Sad since it's a good movie.

I don't think I've ever honestly wanted a friend's girlfriend. Even if I did like them the attraction would turn into something more subtle if they dated my friends since it meant we could get to be friends too and that was fine. Good friends are better in the long run.

What was the creepiest thing you've ever experienced? Not something that outright scared you but you felt very awkward and cautious about.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:34 am

Visiting a friend and staying in the spare room.....the spare room where his grand father died just a few months earlier. It was even the same bed for God's sake. Sure they washed the sheets but common! Hell I bet they were the same sheet! I could not sleep at all that night.

Ever walked up and grabbed/fondled/picked up someone from behind thinking they were someone and they turned out to be a stranger?

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:59 am

Yup mainly when I was little I would always confuse some stranger for my grandpa or grandma and run up and hug their leg. Many people thought it was adorable but after so many errors you start to feel dumb lol.

Ever had a fortune cookie accurately predict something for you?

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:30 am

No, although that's partly because I almost never eat chinese food and then the fortunes just never say anything useful.

What's the longest you've been awake in one go?

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:45 am

I was awake once for a full 80 hours. Was when I worked for the environmental agency for the state of MD. One of the sights we test at is a military base and research area. It's called Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Not only that but there are buries munitions all in the area from long ago they dig up in sectors. Some filled with nasty shit. Hence why anyone to even go onto the place where we did had to be HAZMAT certified. That's even to get in and on the area we went to. Let alone do anything. So we were there one time doing our thing taking water samples. Took one for this one particular area they had been digging up. Got some unusual results from the test. Never saw them before and was unsure what it meant. My partner and I had to consult our HAZMAT manuals and the manuals for the test itself to figure it out. Yea...we freaked when we discovered our test results meant there was the possibility of mustard gas. Like I said, nasty shit they got up there. So we had to run (literally) back to our facility on the base and call the proper authorities on the base. They rushed out with much more heavily qualified people and we took them to the area and showed them our test results. Was stuck there while they tested the area, and decontaminated us. That was about 48 hours. Afterwards I couldn't sleep for another day in a half because I was still freaked out. Turned out there were traces of it but nothing major and we were fine. I slept for a full 26 hours after it. Now mind you this place has linked walking paths and when they say stay on it or else they mean it. Every so often a deer wanders on and finds and old mine. Deer then goes bye bye.

What's the one event that scared you the most so far in your life?

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:14 am

Plane ride to San Diego when I was about 11. I haven't been on a plane since.

Have you ever successfully gotten out of helping a close friend or relative move?

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:30 am

If they had taken the time to ask me to help then the answer is "No". Of course I've reached that point in life where I won't subject my relatives or friends to helping me move. I'll be hiring a moving company...or a company that specializes in taking stuff to the dump.

Do you fold your clothes immediately after taking them out of the dryer?
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:09 am

Nope, not at all. I don't even fold them before putting them in the drawer, I just shove it all in there.

Even gotten any type of wart?

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Yup on my finger. It was small and was easy to remove.

Who is the douchiest person you've ever met?

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:25 am

My father (or as I say "sperm donor"), not getting into it, it's personal.

Did you play sports in grade school?

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:36 am

The Fool. AKA Mike Loicano. AKA Jason's friend. Let's see...lecherous pervert in the not good way, he constantly went on about who he wanted to sleep with while engaged as in he would have if he could have, he has no social etiquette or class, constantly asked to see his friend's gf/friends topless again while engaged, was rude/crude, a thief, constantly hit on my ex while I was with her, later slept with my ex behind her new/current bf's back while house sitting for our friend Jason in his fiance's daybed, during said sitting duties scooped up the cat litter by using the vacuum, and a myriad of other things. The Fool simply put is a piece of dung with no class and in no way is a real man. Even wanted us to get the engagement ring back from his fiance for him. She is our friend Jason's fiance's best friend so of course that made things ever happier amongst us all. Asshole.

Edit---Damn got beat. Alright well to answer the new question yes. I played baseball through middle school into the start of high school, Was primarily right field though I did start learning to be a relief pitcher and first baseman as well. Didn't play hockey per se but always threw down with a street hockey game in the neighborhood.

Who's the creepiest person in your family?

Past

Postby Past » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:17 am

Hmm between my sister the viking, her two daughters the mermaid and the psychopath I'm not sure. Or it might have been my mom the con artist. My older niece's husband is pretty freaky too, we'll just call him the spy. But out of all of them I guess I'm the creepiest.

What moment in your life did something occur where if you had done something differently, you'd be leading an entirely different life?

Side note: answering this question depends on what one's perspective on determinism is. Basically, I ask to make the assumption that nothing is predetermined, your life is written as it happens and humans have absolute free will.
In Soviet Russia; witches strike you!Image

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:24 am

Well I like to think that if I had decided to move back with my parents instead of staying with my grandparents at the age of 4, I never would have grown up to be so observant and compassionate to people around me. My grandparents taught me to love. As much as I appreciate my parents for giving me life they lack a true spirit and heart like my grandparents.

What's the grossest thing you've done?

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:24 am

Umm, maybe some of those dissections I've done for bio. We kinda messed up the worm and it bled out on the table (yeah, that one was drunken but alive when we started. Dead now!) I dislike dissecting things that are preserved in formaldehyde, they're a bit slick and harder to cut into and get the skin off. My favorite dissection was the freshly killed mouse, it was nice and soft, I was tempted to rub it's fur against my face it felt so soft, and the skin came off the muscles so easily and it was so easy to cut into and remove the organs from, great stuff. So yeah, it was kinda disgusting but I enjoyed myself. I'm just glad I dissected the pig and not the nurse shark, the shark smelled just awful.

What's the most money you've ever spent on one order, convention, one sitting, etc. on anime and/or manga stuff?

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:08 am

It would have to be one Christmas a few years ago when I bought my mom a portable DVD player for Christmas. I think it cost around 80-90 dollars.

What was your first board game?
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:32 pm

Sorry. Not very original I know but I loved it. Other early ones were chutes and ladders and monopoly.

Who was your first kiss and where did it happen?

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:31 am

First kiss was random girl in super market when I was 5. One of those silly things kids do.

What was the last thing to really stress you out?

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:48 pm

*see my resent Rant about your problems posting*

Have you ever regretted doing something because of anime?
Dammit, it’s my turn to say dammit.” -Daria.
What are you listening to? challenge: Completed 102 of 114.

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:11 pm

Spending 10 dollars on Magical Lyrical Nanoha. Worst anime related decision of my life.

What was the last white lie you told?

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:03 pm

When I covered for Timo and the mess in his room to our landlord Terry. Fortunately he's cleaned it since Terry saw the room so no more worries.

Ever have a crush on a boy/girl and never get the courage to tell them?

Return to “Forum Games”