The Sims

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
jetz

The Sims

Postby jetz » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:55 am

I'm sure most (maybe all) of you are familiar with this game, or at least played the game at least once. Is anyone playing this game right now? Anyone here who loves it as much as I do? :P

I've played the original Sims game and I have all expansion packs except for Makin' Magic. I also played the games on PS2, The Sims and The Sims Bustin' Out. I tried playing Sims Castaway on PSP but it didn't really impress me. Now I'm playing The Sims 2, and I have all expansion packs but Seasons, and all stuff packs except the Ikea one. I've downloaded (or re-downloaded) 26000+ custom content (about 10 GB). I'm quite proud of this accomplishment because I don't think there's anyone who has as many custom content as I have. Anyway,

let's talk about Sims! :D

Psycho 101
Promoter

Re: The Sims

Postby Psycho 101 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:54 pm

I have the Sims 2 an almost all the expansions. I even started a town that has some people in it you might know. Saki and I have 2 kids in our want little town. I was planning to ask others if they wanted in and make it the little FF town. But since that place died I never got the chance. So who wants in the new AA town? Wait...that sounds like we're all alcoholics..... :shock:

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:31 am

You could always call it AnAl or TAA, since the word "the" is there.

I played the sims 1 and had most of the expansion packs and not I play the sims 2. I dont have any expansion packs because i just borrowed the cd forever from my friend that has expansion packs and so i just use the plain sims 2. but what happened to me a few times was that I had to re create the whole town because it wouldnt save, i would make a whole town and a few houses and some families and turn it back on and it would be gone. so then i kept trying and i made one town called "did it work?" and i turned it off and on, and it did, so my little town description is "IT WORKED" I have only 1 custom item, the painting. What disappoints me is that there is no hair that looks like mine. it makes me sad. :cry:

jetz

Postby jetz » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:25 am

@Psycho

Yeah! Don't forget about your little sis ;)

@cb

probably has something to do with compatibility issues. I had that problem before, and I found out that a few expansion packs (sims 1) were not compatible with XP. Are you using XP?

And I think that there's an available hairstyle to yours, available for download, for Sims 2. I guess it's time for you to start playing Sims 2 ;)

Btw, Sims 3 will be out next year, February 9th. Can't wait!

Saki

Postby Saki » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:54 pm

It's better to call it TAA or AniAll
ImageImage

Nankatsu's Field: Updated every Monday

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:15 pm

What's wrong with AA? :lol: Alright, I'll make a new neighborhood and call it TheAnimeAlley and start making some Sims.

jetz

Postby jetz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:12 am

If you want custom clothes/hair/furniture, you can go to modthesims2.com. That's where I get my stuff :P

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:24 pm

I dont have any expansion packs

beken

Postby beken » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Dragging up an old thread.

I finally built a new PC and my kid is hooked on Sims2. On my old PC, it took over half an hour just to start up. The new machine takes just a few seconds. (lol)

Get a quad core machine and a big graphics card, folks. Simulations run a lot better.

beken

Postby beken » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:31 am

My kid has been playing Sims3 and has a few expansion packs. She recently installed the expansion pack Generations". I asked how she keeps her population in check and she tells me a few of her people have been hit by meteors. :lol:

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:37 am

^ "Hit by meteors"!! :lol:

Did a new Mac port of Sims 3 (or one of its later expansion packs) come out this year? Or am I confusing it with SimCity? I was cleaning out old junk e-mail from GameAgent and thought I saw mention of it.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie

beken

Postby beken » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:13 am

Sims 3 takes too long to load on our iMac. So it gets run on the gaming PC.

I think it runs okay once loaded, but it takes more than 1/2 hour to load and get running.

TsunaReborn!

Postby TsunaReborn! » Thu May 22, 2014 11:24 pm

I am so disappointed in what they have shown of the Sims 4. They have taken the graphics down (doesn't bother me too much) looks like textures are none existent (bad move) they have removed patterns as well as being able to fully customise clothes and furniture. There are more bits but they are only minor details but for me effect the level of creativity and control I want to have in the 4th generation of this series. The only thing that could away me to buy on release day would be if the new personality mechanics mean that they act as close to a real person that you could expect a Sim to be.

For example if my sim is highly social I want to be able to walk away to take a dump and my sim to have invited a close friend over, made them a drink and being able to hold a natural conversation rather than the awkward pauses they have now while they wait for you to choose their next move.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri May 23, 2014 4:35 am

If they took away the ability to customize clothes and furniture than I am not getting this right away. That is why I have to play Sims 3 sparingly. Once I start the next thing I know hours have gone by and I got work lol.

TsunaReborn!

Postby TsunaReborn! » Sat May 24, 2014 9:52 pm

The fact that in depth customisation is being removed really pissed me off but I'm hoping, after a long contemplation with myself, that the new personality mechanics will make up for this; otherwise they have taken a giant step back. This is one expansion pack I don't mind them making.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:20 am

I'll take a wait and see attitude myself. Plenty of J-Rpg's on my Gamefly queue to keep me occupied for a while anyways.

beken

Postby beken » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:06 pm

Sims 4 runs much better than Sims 3 on my PC. Less lag and everything else. Only problem is, the Sims 3 expansion packs are not compatible with those in Sims 4 (I don't think) so my kid will have to spend some money.

Return to “Video Games”