DMC

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
iwatch2muchanime

DMC

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:32 am

Another Devil May Cry is on the way and here's the trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-1 ... 8?type=flv

SPEAK

Zanarkand Princess

Re: DMC

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:16 am

Dante is one of my favorite main characters ever (do all Japanese games have to feature emo boys, losers and naive, obnoxious 15 year old boys and their girlfriends(read: mothers)? So I'm happy :lol:

braves

Postby braves » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Yikes. Doesn't look promising at all. I'm not a huge fan of the series, but I did enjoy 3 (the only one I've played through completely). It doesn't resemble DMC at all; it's "DMC" in name only. That aspect isn't reason enough to damn it if you've never played the series before, but fans already have a set of expectations associated with that name.

Square's already taken "Final Fantasy" and tagged it all over the place, but there are still old-school fans who hate the Sci-Fi backdrop the series took and stick to the first 6 games instead. This seems to be taking a similar approach.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:04 am

You mean the fans will be taking a similar approach. And this is a bit different as the game still has the same feel overall and the same character.

Not to mention all those FF fans that stick to the old school still played the newer ones, at least 1 or 2 of em, to know so this game will still get played.

And i'm not sure how this game doesn't have the same feel, it does very much so. Different art, different look (he's a teen) and i'm sure he got the white hair through some awesome power surge, that's how it always happens but none of that matters. The art is different but not that much, I mean DMC4 trailer was at first completely shell shaded but that didn't matter.

No gameplay means nothing but speculation...

Truered

Postby Truered » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:08 pm

My favourite online feedback so far is someone describing the new look Dante as a hot topic shopper who got in a fight at a "my chemical romance" gig :lol:
Image Image Image

Return to “Video Games”