Persona 3 Portable annouced

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
iwatch2muchanime

Re: Persona 3 Portable annouced

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:48 am

ya but Junpei did. so it IS the same

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:40 am

Junpei wasn't the MC.

The point is that there are enough loli fantasy games as it is and if I'm forced to date a girl at least let her be in an appropriate age range.

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:43 am

iwatch2muchanime wrote:ya but Junpei did. so it IS the same

Ok then, let me be the first to explain to you that Gothic Lolita is a fashion style, not an under-aged girl. It's a fashion that takes inspiration from dolls. The Gothic Lolits in the game was not an under-aged like the girl who hung out at the shrine, just one of those weird teens that hang out in Shibuya or Harajuku on the weekends cosplaying.
See Scott Pilgrim or Die Trying (you may earn a life in the process)

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:50 am

Littlewolf wrote:
iwatch2muchanime wrote:ya but Junpei did. so it IS the same

Ok then, let me be the first to explain to you that Gothic Lolita is a fashion style, not an under-aged girl. It's a fashion that takes inspiration from dolls. The Gothic Lolits in the game was not an under-aged like the girl who hung out at the shrine, just one of those weird teens that hang out in Shibuya or Harajuku on the weekends cosplaying.

Yeah. I'm more of a sweet loli but I hate when anime fans think it has anything to do with their 9 year old girl fetishes.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:48 am

well you know, we didn't really get her age and she was still a jap high schooler, so like what 15? 16? LOLI.

point is there aren't any GOOD games that happen to have any loli or shota related side quests involved, let Persona 3 be the first

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:30 am

And the Party was 16-17. That wasn't a big deal and teenagers aren't loli's. How are you still a loli if you've hit puberty? High School in Japan doesn't even start until 15-16 anyway.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:23 pm

age doesn't actually matter, it's all about the art style, if they're 30 but animated like a 12 year old (like Love Love) LOLI enough son.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:47 pm

I can agree with that. I did believe she was her age though.

Past

Postby Past » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:41 am

Littlewolf wrote:It can be repetitive, but it can also be extremely addictive.
That's usually how I like them, I'm an RPG player, I don't mind endless monster bashing and grinding. Thanks for your detailed reply and helping me out with my interest in this game.
In Soviet Russia; witches strike you!Image

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:39 am

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:07 am

I was gonna come in here to link the OP, but I see it has been done for me :)
Last winter I got a PSP (God of War edition if anyone is wondering, one Gamestop near me had a single one left so I didn't have to sell a kidney on ebay to get it! Oddly enough, I practically did buy the system for God of War, but I still haven't beaten it yet (I did get distracted by some other great games though, namely Crush and Patapon) and I haven't touched it ages as it needs to recharge but I'm being lazy, but whatever), so the thing that interests me the most is: are they going to release it on UMD too? Or are they going to make it downloadable only, the spiteful Patapon 2 denying pricks?
If it's going to get a UMD, ooooh yes am I getting it! I didn't get it until FES (it was more I was unaware it existed at that point in the PS2's life cycle and I never saw a single ad for it), but the thing that keeps me from replaying is not being able to control everyone! I cannot be the only person who, on the final boss, quickly found a team of dead members who were unaware they'd get their -dyne spells aimed back at them and they'd kill themselves and micromanaging their battle prefs every other turn was not very enjoyable, not to mention that has got to be the longest boss fight I've ever experienced, it was an hour and a half for me and the cutscenes in it took all of two seconds so other hour+ boss fights with multiple forms interuppted by 5 minute cutscenes I'm not counting here. Oh, and I'm not even counting the Hama round where I went "yep, they're all gonna die, I'll just sit here with my anti-dark farmed+anti light Horus and revive them in a bit, toodles!"

The thing I noticed about the OP is that it looks like it can be viewed upside down just as easily as right side up, I'm curious to check out my assumption here and it would easily be one of the most original openings I've seen just for taking advantage of being able to flip the screen itself upside down so easily. Here, Japan, here Atlus, take my money, you deserve it.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:47 am

The Answer, Persona 3 Fes's additional post-game storyline appears to be in this version of the game as well, although the Protagonist also appears in these scenes, where he was not available in the original version of The Answer. This is seen in the trailer at 1:43.

:?
I'm hearing dead sibling rumors too depending on who you choose but I'm not so sure how true those are. I also saw Aegis in the game play video but so I don't know what that means.. I don't even know that the ending will be the same

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:01 am

FeMC will be in shower, Akihiko will be waiting in room.

Does that mean he's the Yukari of this game? Because much better him then Junpei.

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:51 am

Awesome P3P pre-order incentive:

I was going to pre-order anyway, but damn that's cool!

Available at Gamestop and Amazon in US and Canada.

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:04 am

Just wanted to say that I'm over 30 hours into the game and I'm having a blast even though I've played through the FES edition already. The new female perspective is actually pretty interesting even as a male player. A little disappointed that they had to cut the cut scenes out, it takes some of the intensity out of the first encounter on the rooftop, but at least they left all of the voice acting in. There are a couple places I've noticed that they forgot to swap the dialogue between male and female and what spoken dialogue that has been changed is quieter than the rest, but otherwise those minor issues don't keep it from being an excellent game.

Also have to say that the Junpei hat that came with the pre-order is really nice! I thought it would be some flimsy cheap thing, but it's actually very well made, complete with a metal adjustment clip on the back and even a P3P logo on the inside tag. I'll happily be wearing this to Otakon next week!

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

Return to “Video Games”