Persona 3 Portable annouced

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
Zanarkand Princess

Persona 3 Portable annouced

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:23 pm

P3 is getting a PSP port. But not a regular port. A gender bended port. You can use a female main character, Elizabeth will be a guy and I'm assuming you can date Akihiko due to popular demand. Oh and you can control your party.

I'm excited but I wonder if the story will change?
http://kotaku.com/5339626/persona-3-por ... -character

Littlewolf

Re: Persona 3 Portable annouced

Postby Littlewolf » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:06 pm

Zanarkand Princess wrote:P3 is getting a PSP port. But not a regular port. A gender bended port. You can use a female main character, Elizabeth will be a guy and I'm assuming you can date Akihiko due to popular demand. Oh and you can control your party.

I'm excited but I wonder if the story will change?
http://kotaku.com/5339626/persona-3-por ... -character

*Stares* But I... but I've already put in over 100 hours into the original! And I was planning on getting Persona 3: FES and and...

GOD DAMN THOSE FRAKKING BASTADS! I DON'T EVEN OWN A PSP YET!

Why can't they do it to another version of Persona. Bah. I have no more money to waste on this edition of the game.
See Scott Pilgrim or Die Trying (you may earn a life in the process)

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:31 pm

Well I haven't finished my FES version so I'll probably pick it up.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:13 am

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

i'd much rather have an original title for PSP. I've beaten P3FES now all the way, including the extra story, and it's not worth a remake for an entire new system

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:07 am

I just want to play the female route because in the beginning the MC was a girl so it should be a solid add on.

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:53 am

Yeah, I'm really interested in seeing how different the story would be, especially if you decide to go after Junpei as the girl. When I play this I so be all over Akihiko, like most of the fangirls playing, as well as see how the girl on girl relationships go. :lol:

That's if it gets brought over here to America. Has it been announced yet? I'll buy anything like this with a girl character, persona or not, to support Otome games.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:55 am

It's almost a guarantee. I'm sure we'll have to wait until Persona 1 gets the PSP release here to find out.

Akihiko is on top of my S.Link list because I want to know more about him. I hope they have a guy version of Yuko too because she was great.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:40 am

ugh, if you don't get an option to be raped by the dog, or go out with KEN and be branded shota-con, then it isn't interesting.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:52 pm

I wonder if "Creepy little boy" will be "Creepy little girl" and is her name also Minato? I mean it is gender neutral. Or is it Minako or something?(In other stuff I mean. I know she's just going to be protagonist in the game)

Plus controlling the characters is better because the AI in this game did everything in their power to get us killed.

iwatch2muchanime wrote:ugh, if you don't get an option to be raped by the dog, or go out with KEN and be branded shota-con, then it isn't interesting.

That's probably asking for too much iwatch

Oh and I don't know why people are asking for her to be a lesbian. If Minato couldn't date guys why should she date girls? I'm tired of trying to get girls to like me. 90% Of them were annoying and I don't think I can play again if Yukari and Aigis are pushed on me again because I hated them both so much.

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:20 pm

... I had a girl-crush on Mitsuru-senpai during the game. She was just... awesome. :oops: I'd try to get the main character to go for her, but if they can't be like THAT, then may they be very very good friends!! Still, I think adding the options would just make it more appealing to people who have already played this game over and over through the last two versions.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:28 pm

In the Answer it becomes apparent how Mitsuru felt about the main character.

I did love Mitsuru. She and Yuko were the only ones though. P4 has great female characters though. All the girls in the party are great and then you have girls like Ai and Yumi and the nurse who's name I can't remember.

Past

Postby Past » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:15 am

I have absolutely no idea what you all are talking about, since I've never played any Persona games. I've always wanted to though. A friend of mine recommended it to me way back in the mid 90's I just never got around to picking up a copy. Sounds awesome. I have a PS, PS2 and PSP (no PS3 though).
In Soviet Russia; witches strike you!Image

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:50 am

Past wrote:I have absolutely no idea what you all are talking about, since I've never played any Persona games. I've always wanted to though. A friend of mine recommended it to me way back in the mid 90's I just never got around to picking up a copy. Sounds awesome. I have a PS, PS2 and PSP (no PS3 though).

I could never get into... well I don't even know which was the first for sure, but I originally tried one of the older games on PS, and the graphics turned me off fast so I never beat that one. But I'm addicted to P3. Like most RPGs you lvl up via grinding, but I enjoy the game because you have to work on your social relationships with other characters, build up your personal stats via activities, and basically live every day doing various "normal" things. Like you go to school monday - saturday (saturday is a half day) where you answer random teacher questions, panic over exams, etc. Then in the afternoon you can hang out at a school club, or go walk this girl home to raise your relationship level with her, go to the library to raise intelligence, etc etc, at night you can either study, sleep, or go to the club to hang out with an alcoholic monk.

It can be repetitive, but it can also be extremely addictive.

Mitsuru is one of the older students in the game. She's the typical "OMG your so awesome and smart senpai!" student council president type of character. I may go for a cosplay someday. I was thinking no because the game was kind of old now, but a new psp port is making me reconsider. It's so hard to resist a cosplay where you get to go around with a pose where to have a gun to your own head.

Akihiko is the smoking hot bishi of the game, also one of your senpai. I wouldn't mind him jolting me with Emperor persona.

... *laughs at her sorry attempt at a joke* :lol:

BTW, my current sig and avatar are all Persona 3 characters.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:09 pm

the only girl worth going for was Yuko, the entire main cast was bad, Mitsuru included, and the only other person i tried to get was the elementary girl you hung out with (trying to get the loli-con title) but noooooooooooo Atlus isn't EDGY and COOL enough to put something that interesting in the game.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:05 pm

I for one applaud Atlus for not including a loli. Almost every other JRPG does. I'm bored with flat chested, overly childish and helpless girls.

I hated Yukari so much though. I was mean to her every time I had a chance and the worst part was that Kari was using her Sakura voice so that didn't really help.

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:28 pm

Yeah, loli/shota just creeps me out.

Yukari was alright, she only annoyed me when she was mean to Junpei, which was a lot. She has the same hairstyle I have/had so I use her as may avatar at the moment. I did use her the most it seems for healing my group in parties, and wind... damn did I need wind a lot in higher floors.

I wish ANN listed video game va's. Anyone use a specific site to look them up? IMDB only goes so far for me, and I am interested in what else the Persona 3 cast has done.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:44 pm

I figured it out mostly from my VA spotting skills but you know it seems like they are just the usuals. My skills aren't always right though which is why I was wrong about Kari Wahlgren playing Yukari. It was Michelle Ruff who sounds just like her IMO.

Yuri Lowenthal (MC)
Tara Platt (Mitsuru)
Liam O'Brian (Akihiko)
Michelle Ruff (Yukari)
Vic Mignogna(Junpei)
Karen Strassman (Aegis)
Mona Marshall (Ken)
Grant George (Shinjiro)
Mela Lee(Fuuka)

I got that from Wikipedia but it sounds correct. So what else have they done? Every other dubbed anime in the past 10 years that's what.

Usually if you go to a specific VA's website it will list their roles (under that name anyway, many VA have aliases for hentai and non union work)

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Wait wait, Vic Mignogna is Junpei?! I can't believe I didn't even make the connection, what with me watching the Ouran dub recently but now... oh god, now I'll be picturing Tamaki when Junpei talks, and vice versa. :S Ewwwww.

And no wonder Ken kept reminding me of Digimon. IZZY!

Is Yuri Lowenthal being type-casted for emo-characters now? I'm glad he didn't get much speaking roles otherwise I'd be hearing an inevitable "SAUSKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~" with him.

Mela Lee annoyed me the most with her perfomance. Fuuka just sounded too... forced or something. I don't know, but her voice was my least fave of the characters.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:44 am

P3 did have a loli, the goth loli chick and the elementary school kid.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:45 am

Littlewolf wrote:Wait wait, Vic Mignogna is Junpei?! I can't believe I didn't even make the connection, what with me watching the Ouran dub recently but now... oh god, now I'll be picturing Tamaki when Junpei talks, and vice versa. :S Ewwwww.

And no wonder Ken kept reminding me of Digimon. IZZY!

Is Yuri Lowenthal being type-casted for emo-characters now? I'm glad he didn't get much speaking roles otherwise I'd be hearing an inevitable "SAUSKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~" with him.

Mela Lee annoyed me the most with her perfomance. Fuuka just sounded too... forced or something. I don't know, but her voice was my least fave of the characters.

:lol: Well Yuri Lowenthal was Yosuke who was so not emo (not normally anyway. Maybe a little in his S.link)
and yes I was thinking about Ed Elric every time Junpei started shouting.

Fuuka didn't sound good to me either. Chihiro had the best "shy girl" voice.

@iwatch Well you didn't date them so it's not the same.

Return to “Video Games”