What are you playing?

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
Psycho 101
Promoter

What are you playing?

Postby Psycho 101 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:44 pm

So what current games are you obsessing over? Right now most of my time is being spent either on the MMO I play (Rappelz) or John Woo's Stranglehold for the x-box 360.

Pastachan

Re: What are you playing?

Postby Pastachan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:08 pm

Um... Well, I'm technically "reading" a certain kinetic novel called Narcissu (which allows a free *legal* download). The story pretty darn sad. I've only made it through the first three... or four... chapters so far. I think it's four; I don't really feel like checking, either.
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:01 am

With the Max Payne movie coming out I've hauled out my original x-box copies of Max Payne 1 and 2. Gonna marathon them tonight hehe.

Saki

Postby Saki » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 am

I kick butts in Guilty Gear X Advance once in a while to relax. After having completed Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, I'm not feeling too good to play.
ImageImage

Nankatsu's Field: Updated every Monday

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:47 am

Guilty Gear fan eh? I think for Otakon next year I'll have to bring a system so I can show ya what domination is all about hehe. I love fighting games if you couldn't tell heh. Still crank out my old Street Fighter 2 or Alpha games for fun sometimes.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:40 am

I broke out the ps2 so I could finally play disgaea: hour of darkness. And I'm playing yojinbo otherwise known as the only otome game ever brought to america.

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:53 pm

Finally finished Persona 3 after 145 hours. :shock: Usually when a box says 70+ hours of play time you think give or take 10 hours, not double the expected finish time. Sad thing is feel like I could have gone even longer if spent more time working on my social links. I'm 10 hours into The Answer and just beat the first boss of the fourth room so I might be on target this time.

Too bad that took me so long to beat, I picked up Infinite Undiscovery when it came out and still only have an hour or in it. Wanted to have PS3FES and IU done before Fable II comes out next week. Not looking like it.

Also still trudging through Final Fantasy XI on my PC when the TV is otherwise occupied as I have for the last five years. Gotta love MMORPGs, they're the only games I know of that measure play time in days, not hours.

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

doug19992000

Postby doug19992000 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:26 am

Playing NHL 09, just about finished the post season. Just have to make it through the Rangers then it's on to the finals. After that I'll concentrate more on Be A Pro.

Silent Hill Homecoming. Yes, yes I know team silent doesn't have anything to do with the game. I've only just got past the opening level and I'm impressed with it so far.

Tony K.
Location: Frisco, TX, U.S.A., Earth, Sol System, The Milky Way

Postby Tony K. » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:15 pm

Emerje wrote:Finally finished Persona 3 after 145 hours.

Pfft. I'm past 170 and I'm only in November. Spent oodles of hours trying to make the perfect Personas, one kick-ass representative for each Arcana. I think I got about halfway through before I became completely burned out. Then again, I had to cheat because my data corrupted during the first playthrough, so I had to download a game save from GameFAQs. It had 94% of the Arcanas, most Social Links maxed, and the main character at lvl 99. But I had previously put in 90-something hours the first time anyway, so I think I earned it...

Aside from that, been re-playing Devil May Cry 4 on PS3 trying to unlock the super characters, but I went back to Easy and Normal to earn orbs, to buy health items, to prepare for Very Hard mode.

Also looking forward to Guitar Hero: World Tour in a couple of weeks.
"You're an idiot!" - Dr. Gregory House

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:21 pm

Tony K. wrote:

Pfft. I'm past 170 and I'm only in November. Spent oodles of hours trying to make the perfect Personas, one kick-ass representative for each Arcana. I think I got about halfway through before I became completely burned out. Then again, I had to cheat because my data corrupted during the first playthrough, so I had to download a game save from GameFAQs. It had 94% of the Arcanas, most Social Links maxed, and the main character at lvl 99. But I had previously put in 90-something hours the first time anyway, so I think I earned it...

Aside from that, been re-playing Devil May Cry 4 on PS3 trying to unlock the super characters, but I went back to Easy and Normal to earn orbs, to buy health items, to prepare for Very Hard mode.

Also looking forward to Guitar Hero: World Tour in a couple of weeks.

*sigh* I'm only 30 hours in and I'm in july I'm trying to max out all the social links but I only finished one so far and I'm almost done with another because I'm having my character date the track team manager. I'm trying to get some really good levels for everyone but I hate yukari both as a fighter and as a character so it's kind of hard sometimes.

Truered

Postby Truered » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:15 pm

All I've been playing is Ninja gaiden 2.

Having really been in an Xbox mood recently :?
Image Image Image

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:10 am

Tony K. wrote:

I most certainly could have gone longer if I spent more time on building Personas, I think I only got about 55% of them. I spent most of my time working on social links and requests instead which are time consuming in their own. I didn't spend a lot of time dungeon crawling either, I was only level 79 when I beat Nyx. I'd like to know just who it was that blew through the game in only 70 hours.

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:37 am

Probably the guy who designed tartarus :roll:

Jedi General

Postby Jedi General » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:45 am

BroEly recently sent me Xenogears. When I first got it, I played it for several hours. I haven't played it since, but I play on jumping back in before long. Yeah, it's not impressive visually by today's standards, but the battle system is a heckuva lot of fun. :D

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:45 am

I'm currently beating Xenosaga 3, and FFIV on my DS is getting a workout.
But STILL Soul Calibur IV is taking my time up, I went to a tournament 2 weeks ago and got 4th, of course 1-3 gets money, but still 4th!. So I play it alot to keep myself up for it

Tony K.
Location: Frisco, TX, U.S.A., Earth, Sol System, The Milky Way

Postby Tony K. » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:00 pm

Jedi General wrote:BroEly recently sent me Xenogears. When I first got it, I played it for several hours. I haven't played it since, but I play on jumping back in before long. Yeah, it's not impressive visually by today's standards, but the battle system is a heckuva lot of fun. :D

The battle system is fun, but the story is damn convoluted. You'd think Oshii, Anno, and Kon worked on it, though my opinion is a bit biased. A friend of mine bugged me to play it the first time through, and I'm a little resentful because the game didn't seem like all that.

If visuals don't bug you, I suggest you try the first two Gensou Suikoden games. They're long out of print and hard to find, but the storytelling is epic and these two games are my favorite of any RPGs ever.
"You're an idiot!" - Dr. Gregory House

JesuOtaku

Postby JesuOtaku » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:55 pm

Okami for the PS2, but I'm stuck, so I soothe my aching brain with more Shadow of the Colossus when I'm not busy and not willing to try and find out what to do on the Okami game...

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

jetz

Postby jetz » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:51 am

Sims 2. I just got the latest expansion pack, Apartment Life, a few weeks ago. It's great but my laptop can't handle it well :(

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:57 pm

had to move my Sims2 stuff to my desktop myself. I've downloaded so many houses, outfits, and stuff from the Exchange it isn't funny lol.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:01 am

I just (Literally) beat Xenosaga III, and Ihave to say, that wasa GREAT ending to this game and the series asa whole, a few people died, some lost their bodies and are existing as a realm of themselves, some are floating in space in sleep mode waiting for the day she's needed again. all pretty sad, but good,epic huge finale too. Quite liked it.

Return to “Video Games”