What are you playing?

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
iwatch2muchanime

Re: What are you playing?

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:56 am

Other than the million fighting games im on.

Final Fantasy XIII-2. I've been on it for a few days now and i like it. Definitely a step up from XIII in most ways, although they streamlined a few things that don't make sense.
So far it's awesome though, very open, a lot of stuff to do, TOWNS, missions, side games. This also allows for their obvious milking of the game with DLC, which they're doing. And not just weapons and outfits but other characters and even full episodes it seems that explore unanswered things about the changes from the first game to the second.

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:07 am

Playing Persona 3 PSP, which I got for Saturnalia but haven't actually started playing until now. I've already played FES, but man, now that I'm past all the intro stuff, I'm really into it again, doing different S.Links this time (and playing female MC). But man, it's an RPG that goes down like a really smooth wine, it's just so easy to play way too much because it's just that awesome. Last time, I never did the Heirophant arcana (two old people in the bookstore), which of course leads to Bebe as I've found out, never did that one either obviously. And I never did any night arcana because I didn't know about them until way too late. Junpei is now an S.Link for Magician with female MC. But the real awesome part is being able to control everyone directly, something I usually only do during boss fights and golden enemies (as I learned in 4, it's usually just faster to go on auto during level grinding, I was so happy at first that I rather wasted lots of time by not putting everyone on auto, lol)

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:24 am

I actually prefer the Persona 3 PSP soundtrack to the original.

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:54 am

Whelp, I just beat Sly Cooper and the Thevius Racoonus. Again. I've had this game since it came out and I can't help but play the thing to friggin death, I've played Sly 1 at least 10 times easily, Sly 2 probaly more (Sly 3, the least, but not by too much I suppose). This time I ran into a damn glitch and had to find a video of the vault code for a certain level, my hunch was right, the game thought it told me the code when it clearly did not.
Anyway, if I had a PS3, I'd gladly buy the Sly Collection, even though I own and got all three games when they came out. 2 is still my favorite though. Sure, I played the first Jak and Daxter game and loved it, I could never get into Ratchet & Clank, Sly was always my PS2 platformer trilogy of choice. It seems like once or twice a year now, I suddenly get it in my head to play one of the games. Last spring, back when I was still in college, I made sure to play the entire trilogy before leaving college.

Dammit, that reminds me, another company (albeit one with an actually good track record) is making a Sly 4. If only I can convince my mom to get a PS3 for BluRay purposes with out nice new shiny HDTV....I'll wait on getting the collection to get 4 for sure.

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:22 am

Child of Eden = <3

What a beautiful game! Only cost me 6 bucks too.

choski2

Postby choski2 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:03 am

I just started Tales of Graces f. I'm liking it so far, even if the dialogue could be better and kind of drags/rambles on. The English voice acting is pretty good too.

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:04 am

Wow, how cheap was Child of Eden? If only I'd be willing to touch my 360, lol. I think I chose the wrong system. I do have Rez though, PS2 Rez, it's a sexy game, but from the videos of CoE, it's far more psychadelic looking, makes me a bit ill, so I might not even be able to actually play that game, sadly.

I think I want to get a PS3, so I'll have to....buy less anime, manga, and comics I guess. Or I could wait until the next console gen starts, but each console gen seems to last longer, so I might be waiting a bit. I am making a list of games I want to buy though, El Shaddai made me damn jealous.

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:52 pm

That is one downside. I need to take a break after every level because it really does make me lightheaded and a bit sick. Maybe playing it on a smaller TV would help.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Child of Eden is pretty.

El Shaddai was ok but.... it really had a lot of faults to it, not really something to be jealous over lol.

Im playing SKULLGIRLS. A game made by fighting gamers for fighting gamers, it's awesome.

Also boobs

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Tue May 08, 2012 8:36 am

Well before Skyward Sword came out, I had been playing Twilight Princess and decided to go back to it. This time I'm doing more of the side stuff, and now I've suddenly remembered that I somehow have a Nintendo Power strategy guide (I think I got it for subscribing maybe?) and ok, well it's mostly for the Wii, but there are Gamecube version maps in there, specifically for all the dungeons, Poes, Heart Pieces, and bugs. Sadly it's not exactly accurate, as I had to go online more than once to find out where two of the bugs actually were, but it still sped up the process. Next I'm going on to the Poes, I have half of them already, which is both good and bad as I can't really say which ones I don't have, but I'm going to assume that I have gotten all of the ones in the first 7 dungeons (and there don't appear to be any in the 8th). But I have to go back through the cave of ordeals to get one, I knew I should've just waiting til I'd beaten the 7th dungeon, or at least gotten the double clawshot, eh? Or maybe I should just go after the heart pieces (and I've somehow missed a howling stone despite having clearly played this game before). Meh, maybe I'll take a break from Twilight Princess and watch more anime and play Sly 2 again (I just can't resist that game), that or Klonoa 2 which I haven't played in far longer.

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Tue May 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Skullgirls is pretty fun. It feels very Japanese.

I've been playing Deadly Premonition again. I love its moments of bizarre humor, terror, and genuine emotion. It also feels and looks like a Dreamcast game so that is a huge plus.

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:23 pm

I bought Diablo 3 on its midnight release, is anyone else playing it? I've never played the earlier diablos, but I had seen d2 played so I bought d3, and its awesome haha. Its simple enough where I dont get confused or anything, just click and kill demons lol

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:29 am

I have Diablo 3 and am currently in HELL with a level 55 Barbarian. D2 was SO GOOD that it's hard to follow it, but D3 is no slouch man.

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:23 am

Haha, im slow at playing, I'm a level 28 wizard on normal. I dont have the same capacity as most gamers to play for hours and hours.

beken

Postby beken » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:13 am

Fruit Ninja on Xbox Kinect.

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:36 am

While Psycho plays Mass Effect 2, I have gone retro and have been playing FF VIII - one of the FF I had never played before.

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:53 am

Lol, haven't played Dragon Quest V in a while (now it's instantly addicting again, I'm in G3 now!) but I can tell what manga I was reading at the time I started it. It must've been Mermaid Saga, since I named my main in V Yuta and tend to be lazy and name characters after whatever manga I probably most recently read. Which is why when I got my children, I named them Issei and Enju, since I'd been reading Please Save My Earth.
Also, I have a King Cureslime! Got him on my second try! OMFG!

braves

Postby braves » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Playing FF XII, which I've had ever since it came out but I had never gotten past the Tomb of Raithwall. I'm now at around the mid-way point, but I'm stuck at this one boss (Elder Wyrm) so I'm level-grinding.

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:02 am

I'm currently splitting time between Swingerz Golf (GCN) and Zero Wing (Mega Drive). Having actually sat down, downloaded, and played Zero Wing, I can say that, to go along with the epic poor translation, the gameplay is pretty good.
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Marathoning the Mass Effect series. On 3 right now. I have to say this trilogy has been one of the best game series I have ever played. The story really sucks you in and I think there is very good character development through the series. I know people argue which game is the best but I'm looking at this as an overall piece. Overall the series is well written but I'd expect nothing less from Drew Karpshyn. He's the main author of the Star Wars Old Republic era novels. The Bane trilogy being one of the best in the Star Wars franchise period. I think only Timothy Zahn has done better but he's Timothy Zahn...so you'd expect nothing less. The gameplay has changed each game to varying degrees but over it's been pretty solid. What just for me makes it all worthwhile is again the characters and story. You get sucked in and become invested in it. Plus the music in the series is also damn fine too. Really sets the mood.

Return to “Video Games”