What are you playing?

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
chrisb

Re: What are you playing?

Postby chrisb » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:56 am

Lost Odyssey is so frustrating. It has several moments of beauty sprinkled throughout and then has long stretches of boring stuff. Even with its issues the game still captures the feelings of familial love better than any game ever has. The voice acting is the best too.

beken

Postby beken » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:09 am

I've been playing Need for Speed the Run and have started playing Need for Speed Most Wanted also.

Along with that, I started playing Legend of Grimrock and was recently gifted Lara Croft on Steam.

Too many games and no time to play them all.

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:42 pm

A few days ago, I went to the library and managed to connect my phone to their wi-fi connection and I've downloaded and I'm now playing the following:

Angry Birds - I now see what the entire fuss is about with this game series. This game can be like crack with the quantity and quality of levels that are in the game. Not to mention I also got Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Seasons, and Angry Birds Star Wars that I haven't gotten around to playing yet. I bet I'll be on these games for weeks or maybe months to come.

Fruit Ninja - I got the free version of the game and while I'm sure that it's not the full version, it also has its addictive qualities, like lots of unlockable swords and backgrounds. It also seems to be a favorite game of that pig from the Geico commercials. :D

Samurai vs. Zombies Defense 2 - I'm not exactly sure what genre this game is a part of, but I like to think of it as a mix between a side-scroller and a real time strategy game where you have to save some princess from a horde of zombies.

Beach Buggy Blitz - This game is a lot of fun and I'm surprised that this game was free with all the unlockable stuff in it. It's like Temple Run where the game continues until you run out of time.

Sonic the Hedgehog - For some odd reason, Sega decides to make its flagship franchise available on mobile devices. I guess that's a good thing because I picked up demo versions of Sonic CD and Sonic 4 Episode II. The touch controls take a little getting used to but they're not that bad once you get used to them.

Pokemon: Ruby Version - Technology is incredible! You can now install an emulator and play ROMs on your phone. So far, I already have 1 Gym badge and 16 Pokemon in my Pokedex. The downside is that I can't trade any Pokemon with anyone else but I really want to just get caught up with the Pokemon games.

With all these games, my phone will stay plugged up to the charger for a while. I definitely have my eye on that Moga Pro controller. It is a godsend to people like me who aren't exactly used to touchscreen gaming on a phone or tablet.
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:56 pm

I only like to play one game at a time so right now I'm still plugging away at Ni no Kuni. The game is a lot of fun and there's tons of stuff to do, really reminds me of why I like all those old JRPGs. We need more games like this around.

After that I've got Neptunia V waiting for me. I've played the others and they're not extremely long so you can play them multiple times through so I'll probably get through this one pretty quickly. Probably is I tend to botch my first play through pretty badly and have a hard time getting the good endings... :sweat

After that I got free copies of Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite with my new video card so I'll be giving those a go pretty soon here.

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Tue May 14, 2013 4:49 am

Dear me, I almost forgot how the DS is home to one of the best sources of gaming crack there is. I like gaming crack.

First off, Space Invaders Extreme 2, wherein someone took space invaders, made it far more badass, and turned it into a music shooter. And made it addictive as all hell.

Then, because I had to go somewhere I couldn't have the volume up, I inserted Henry Hatsworth and was almost pissed when I had to leave and turn off the game. Because it's sooooo addicting! I just want mooorrre!

I mean, sheesh, DS, you get lots of VN style games, addictive due to story, you get Pokemon, which is Pokemon, then you get a bunch of the best puzzle games to grace things in years! Glad to say that I'll be playing the DS for a long time to come! Also, the two games I mentioned? Less than $5 each at Gamestop. It just seems the right time to pounce now that the 3DS is taking over in terms of game production.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:46 pm

A nice mix of games for me right now. I am of course enjoying the hell out of my cop-y of NHL 14 . My hand made Washington Capitals team has won the cup 2 years in a row now woohooo lol. I don't play a lot of sports games. The NHL series is the one big exception. I will p;lay some Madden though with friends. I am also playing through FF XIII. I totally never beat the entire game and the Lightning's Return game coming out looks awesome. Of course after this I gotta beat FF XIII-2 first as well heh. Just got done with Last of Us and that game....that game is simply awesome. Between the story, characters, and the music it's game of the year for me so far.

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Working 6 days a week it's hard to play many games, but I've been playing the sims free play for iPhone and it's strangely addicting, that and tiny tower ahah

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:34 am

^ I'm about the same. I haven't played games on a console but I've been playing them on my tablet. I've mostly been playing Fishing Superstars, Madden 25, FIFA 14.
Dammit, it’s my turn to say dammit.” -Daria.
What are you listening to? challenge: Completed 102 of 114.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:54 am

Well im still doing my fighting game thing, so all of those.

I borrowed Bioshock Infinite from a friend and it is awesome. Very interesting, story and characters and style. It's awesome.

I haven't posted in here in a bit either and i've beaten Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Injustice and i started the facebook game WARTUNE which has a lot of cool ideas behind it.

Troy Baker does both Joel from Last of Us and Booker from Bioshock Infinite, and the basic idea behind both games are the same. Troy Baker gets chosen to get and deliver a girl to someone else. Both games have a lot of little conversation bits and interactions and it's awesome. However in battle in Bioshock Liz finds ammo and health and money, so helpful. And remembering Ellie in LoU im sitting here wondering why she couldn't be that helpful, and she needs to learn how to swim.

beken

Postby beken » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:32 am

I haven't played Need for Speed much of late. My steering wheel is broken. One of the paddle shifters is no longer functional and it stops NFS the Run at the end of stage 4 because of that. '

On my iPod touch, I have Fruit Ninja, Score!, Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Star WARS, Angry Birds Space, Paper Toss, Wheres my water, and where's my Perry, and Line Birds.

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:59 am

I love Where's my water!

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:11 am

Way too many games to count for me. Since late August, I've played almost 30 different games (and counting). Here's what I've been playing:

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Street Fighter X Tekken
Halo: Reach
Halo 3
Halo 4
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Forza Motorsport 2
WWE '13
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Girl Fight
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition
SoulCalibur
Kirby's Dream Land
Phantasy Star
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros.
Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
Metal Slug 3
Pokemon: White Version 2
World Series of Poker: Full House Pro
Galaga
Sonic CD
Aegis Wing
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

It feels awesome having a regular source of income for once. :D It'll probably be a while before I upgrade to the next Gen systems because I'm too busy with the games from this generation.
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

beken

Postby beken » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:24 am

I had to put my racing games away for awhile because my Thrustmaster Ferrari GT steering wheel kit, being made mostly of plastic had broken. Even the spring on the gas pedal had broken. You can't get beyond the 4th stage on Need for Speed the Run without all the buttons working and some crucial buttons no longer functioned. The Thrustmaster set up isn't bad. I did already win all the cars in NFS the Run. NFS Most wanted didn't work properly though. This was about 3 months ago. So finally I got myself this:

It's expensive, but nothing cheap plastic about this. The steering wheel is wrapped in real leather. Lots of metal and steel bearings used here.

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:16 am

^ Wow. Certainly looks impressive. Kind of wonder how much that set you back.

After plugging away at Civ 5 - Brave New World for ages I've gone backwards in time for my latest game addiction: SimCity 4. It was on sale in the Apple App Store. I've gotten a little better at avoiding bankruptcy in comparison to my SimCity 2 and SimCity 2000 playing days.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Sun May 11, 2014 5:09 pm

For you people that still play the Wii, just a reminder that the online servers will be shut down for games like Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl in a little over a week. Right now I'm playing Mario Kart Wii online trying to get my rating as high as I can before the shutdown.

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:21 am

Thats sad ):

beken

Postby beken » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:59 am

freezespell wrote:For you people that still play the Wii, just a reminder that the online servers will be shut down for games like Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl in a little over a week. Right now I'm playing Mario Kart Wii online trying to get my rating as high as I can before the shutdown.

That is sad. I just went online last week and it was gone. Long live mario kart Wii.

At my age, it is unlikely I will buy another gaming console. But computers would be another story.

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:42 pm

I got Mario Kart 8! It's an awesome game! It plays good and looks good! Not to mention I'll be playing online showing everybody that I am one of the good Mario Kart players out there in the world. :D

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Last week, I picked up Destiny on the Xbox One and I've been playing the hell out of it ever since. I'm currently a Level 21 Hunter and I've already picked up 350G in achievements. Which brings up the question: has anybody else picked it up yet?

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Today is the premiere of Killer Instinct: Season 2 and that's what I'm playing. The presentation just blows Season 1 out of the water. When I booted it up earlier today, it didn't even look like it was the same game as before. With the premiere of Season 2 we also have two new characters officially added into the mix: T.J. Combo and Maya, with Riptor and Cinder confirmed to be a part of the Season 2 roster somewhere down the line. Can't wait to see who we're going to get next month.

Return to “Video Games”