E3 2013

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
iwatch2muchanime

E3 2013

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:45 am

So day one is done now and a lot of stuff went down, A LOT.

Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft and Sony had their conferences and a lot of info flew out of there of course.

If you haven't been following, the next generation of consoles is coming out this holiday season.
Sony and Microsoft had release events over the last few months to show the console and/or games and demos built on the new tech.

Ok so, Microsoft had what was literally the WORST tech demo for anything tech related i've ever seen, and a vast majority of vocal gamers on the internet agreed. This includes all news sources.
They forced a plethora of mandatory services and charges down our throat, as well as denying used games in EVERY WAY, unless you pay more.

SONY's release was quite good back in February. No visual console yet, but all the specs were out and we got a good number of developers to show off stuff for it. And of course, none of what Microsoft implied was in it.

So now E3 is here. Sony could've won this duel without even showing their face, but of course they do.

Microsofts conference is the first one and early in the morning. It's a good conference despite all the negativity surrounding them, only they didn't address ANY of the issues we've been hating on them for.

EA comes out, useless games

Ubisoft, awesome games.

THEN SONY. It is their show to lose, all eyes on them.
AND THEY KILL IT. The beginning was a little... ugghgghghg but the moment they hit PS4 mode, it was good. Around the halfway mark they WON E3, hands down. Announcing, FINALLY, Final Fantasy Versus 13 NOW RENAMED Final Fantasy 15 with new footage and gameplay and EVERYTHING. And then right after that we get an official teaser for KINGDOM HEARTS 3.
Sony wins E3 there, but oh no we aren't done. (this isn't even mentioning that Square-Enix has finally delivered what everyone wants, saving their sorry asses)
Sony hasn't even addressed all the concerns we have for XB1 for PS4 yet.
So almost 3/4 of the way in we get confirmation that we can now play used games on Sony's new baby without any hastle or anything like we already do. This killed Microsoft.
THEN they announce that there is no REQUIRED online to play games or authenticate every 24 hours. Sony is now tearing limbs off of Microsofts body.
THEN they announce the price being a full 100 dollars cheaper than the XB1. Now Sony i just beating Microsoft with their own arms. It's almost sad.

This isn't even mentioning the whole Kinect crud and that Sony's Camera isn't ALWAYS ON, ALWAYS WATCHING, and not included in that price tag.

Sony comes out and dominates the day, the week, the year, LIFE, and E3.

Nintendo is on tomorrow, or later this morning, and im looking forward to seeing whats going down, but i HIGHLY doubt they can beat Sony. Still excited though.

Sony is even winning in the TROLL department.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA[/youtube]

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Re: E3 2013

Postby freezespell » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:29 am

I watched both Microsoft's and Sony's press conferences. On any other year if Microsoft announced a new Halo game, a new Forza, AND the long-awaited return of Killer Instinct at the same E3, it would be an automatic win in my book and Sony would just be wasting their time even putting on a press conference because there would be no way in hell they would be able to top it. But this isn't any other year. It's the prelude of a new generation of video games and the stakes could not be any higher.

I would have to agree with you, darkside that Sony won this year in a very decisive and very definitive way. They have a good selection of games coming out on both the PS3 and the PS4, but when Jack Tretton reassured us that the PS4 would not require any kind of internet connection just to play games on it and that we could buy and sell used games without having to jump through a bunch of hoops, it made it crystal clear that Sony listens to and trusts its customers while Microshaft doesn't. Not to mention, the PS4 is $100 cheaper than the XBrick One. Since I'll be in a position where I can own both consoles soon, I'll probably buy the Xbox One just for Halo and Killer Instinct while the PS4 will get the multiplatform titles and an exclusive or two.

In closing, Don Mattrick has officially become known as the 2nd coming of Bernie Stolar. It's very obvious that he has no idea what he is doing with this new console. The Xbox One's policies can be summed up in two simple words: EPIC. FAIL.
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:59 am

And so Mircrosoft officially drops some of their initial policies.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... fc.twitter

They caved under the pressure and couldn't stand by their choices.
The integrity of their ideals were small, mainly because their NEED for our wallets is high. They threw away their dedication for more money, and i agree with this.

This choice officially makes this next console generation an actual battle now, rather than a slaughter. At least in the short term. Who knows how it will go in the long run.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:14 pm

iwatch2muchanime wrote:And so Mircrosoft officially drops some of their initial policies.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... fc.twitter

They caved under the pressure and couldn't stand by their choices.
The integrity of their ideals were small, mainly because their NEED for our wallets is high. They threw away their dedication for more money, and i agree with this.

This choice officially makes this next console generation an actual battle now, rather than a slaughter. At least in the short term. Who knows how it will go in the long run.

Long run Sony owns it. They took a gamble with the PS3 and blueray....and the won IMHO. They gambled and it paid off. Then they made their online free and closed the gap even more. Now obviously the PS4 won't be free for online play but that's ok. Considering everything you get with a PS4, or should I say don't get, as opposed to the x-crock 1 paying for online play is reasonable. I also get their reasoning for no backwards compatibility. It makes sense. But they're already working on that too via emulation or streaming/downloads of older PS games. Just best sellers at first no doubt but still shows they have a plan for that down the road. I love my 360 but after E3.....Microsoft has screwed the pooch. They're in damage control now and all the things they're claiming they will disable are just firther examples of how they screwed up. The heads there over the x-box 1 don't know what gamers want it seems. They don't care. They just want money. I don't plan to buy either system right away, let the bugs come out first and get fixed. Plus I want to see after 6 months what is and is not disabled. Then I'll buy one of them. Thinking though PS4 is gonna be way to go. The only game the crock box has I REALLY want is the upcoming Halo 5. That's not enough to warrant the system though.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:59 pm

Ya that would be the sane stance on this. I can't afford either right now either, but for me as soon as i can i'm getting a PS4, Need to ready my body for FFXV and KH3 in the future. Sure they're multiplatform but they said FFXV was hitting ps4 first, for some reason, so that's all i need.

Wouldn't get the XB1 anyway.

Return to “Video Games”