10 Insanely Difficult Games

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

10 Insanely Difficult Games

Postby d.yaro » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Just thought I'd toss this one into the fray: a list of 10 insanely difficult games. I'm not a gamer by nature and the descriptions of some of these games don't give me too much cause to think my skills would improve if I tackled them. :lol:
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

classicalzawa

Re: 10 Insanely Difficult Games

Postby classicalzawa » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:28 am

Lol, Oregon Trial, so true! I don't know if it's possible to make it through that game without anyone dying, you're usually lucky if you make it to the end at all anyway.

As for the hardest game I have ever personally played: Ikaruga. Seriously, I can't get past level 3 on that game. On easy. And there's only 5 levels. And it's somehow not embarrassing to admit that because Treasure developed it. Obviously this means that there are videos of someone freakishly good playing it on the most difficult level all over youtube. Like this video.
The only time I've made it past level 3 was when I did it 2 player co-op with someone, but I still died before reaching the end. Needless to say, there are also videos of one dude playing both players at the same time and not dying. It's on medium mode, but still, damn impressive. Seen here.
And people have made "dot eater" challenges, where you can't shoot, since all the bosses are on timers anyway. As seen here
As a result, it's one of those rare games that is more fun to see someone play really friggin well than to play it yourself.

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Re: 10 Insanely Difficult Games

Postby freezespell » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:17 pm

For me, the hardest game I've ever played was Ninja Gaiden on the NES. I have never beaten that game, even though it gives me infinite continues, and there's nothing wrong with the controls so it's nobody's fault but my own that I haven't beaten it yet. Some other hard games that I've played were Gradius and Battletoads. I've just started playing Gradius not too long ago but I haven't been able to beat it yet and it took me about 14 years to beat Battletoads. All three are good games, all three are worth checking out if you like torturing yourself, but don't torture yourself by playing Dudes With Attitude. That game is horrible! :x
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

Return to “Video Games”