Official E3 2012 thread

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Official E3 2012 thread

Postby freezespell » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Well, it's that time of year again, E3 is only a couple of days away. What do you guys think will happen at this year's E3? For some odd reason, Microsoft is having their press conference tomorrow. Nintendo has already announced the Wii U at last year's E3, so I'm guessing there may be some announcement from either Microsoft or Sony about either a Xbox 720 or a Playstation 4. Speaking of Nintendo, they're going to be announcing some of the launch games for the Wii U this year. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they will announce a new Mario game that will launch with the Wii U. They haven't done that since 1996, by the way. I'm also going to guess that we will hear the very first details on the next Super Smash Bros. game. On my twitter account, I projected a release date sometime in 2015 at the earliest, so it's still a long way off. I mean, they just got started on development of the game. Also, can't wait to hear about upcoming releases like Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Tomb Raider, and my personal favorite, Halo 4.
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

chrisb

Re: Official E3 2012 thread

Postby chrisb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:45 am

I'm not too impressed yet, but Nintendo really did go all out.

The one ting that blew my mind was the trailer for the new Tomb Raider... it looks freaking AMAZING.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol_-QGlwRqc[/youtube]

braves

Postby braves » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:17 pm

I liked Project P-100 (Hideki Kamiya!), Watch Dogs (hopefully it'll play out well over the course of an entire game), and The Last of Us (well, at least the idea, who knows how the gameplay will pan out as well). I also thought the ship portion of Assassins's Creed looked so much better than everything else they showed from that game. It was really impressive.

I thought the new Tomb Raider looked cool too (thought so last year too), even if the sexualized nature rubbed me the wrong way. But now that the producers have revealed what they're trying to go for, I'm not as excited about it as I once was. http://kotaku.com/5917400/youll-want-to ... lara-croft

American-style moe.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:45 am

I've been drooling for the new TR game myself Chris. Instead of just continuing they were smart and went back and just re-did the entire franchise. Start from scratch and make her look like a real woman. Still sexy but much more realistic and honestly I think better looking. Plus the scenery and backgrounds look AMAZING. As for me......2 games have me going into fanboy joygasm mode. Halo 4 (thank you lord for this bounty) and Resident Evil 6. Best part is with RE 6 they are going back to the roots. By that I mean some nice dark and creepy levels that get your blood pumping. RE4 had a mix of light (beginning) and dark (later) levels but RE 5 while having great gameplay just felt a bit.....off. I mean it's in Africa and so BRIGHT....just didn't feel like RE to some degree. RE 6 though.....hell yea. Sherry Birkin is back...Chris and Leon in 1 game....and Wesker has a son. Plus Ada is back. Giggity.

Return to “Video Games”