How a 14-year-old girl made NHL video game history.

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
doug19992000

How a 14-year-old girl made NHL video game history.

Postby doug19992000 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:05 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... hl-wp12363

I wonder if they'll have female teams in the game too now. They have European teams that most hockey fans in North America wouldn't even know existed except for being in the game. Think it's time that EA Sports show women's hockey leagues around the globe some love.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Re: How a 14-year-old girl made NHL video game history.

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:29 am

I think that's really awesome and I definitely want to pick up NHL 12 and skip 11 now.

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:18 am

I'm impressed with what EA Sports is doing with that. I mean, for years now, I've been able to create my own Diva in wrestling games, I can create a female character in some of the more recent fighting games, heck, there's even a couple of female racecar drivers in the most recent NASCAR game, so it only makes sense to have the other sports adopt this feature. Maybe we'll start seeing this trend carry over to other future sports games. If only the UFC had a women's division...
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

Zin5ki

Postby Zin5ki » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:27 pm

Moore passed her protests to David Littman, executive producer of the hockey game series. "My first thought was that we want to make people happy with our game. And here's one girl who wasn't happy playing our game," he said.

As admirable as it may be for him to say this under those circumstances, my current understanding of video game marketing leads me to assume that producers primarily want people to buy their games. I believe that the matter of whether their customers are broadly happy with their purchases is of secondary importance.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:39 am

Zin5ki wrote:
Moore passed her protests to David Littman, executive producer of the hockey game series. "My first thought was that we want to make people happy with our game. And here's one girl who wasn't happy playing our game," he said.

As admirable as it may be for him to say this under those circumstances, my current understanding of video game marketing leads me to assume that producers primarily want people to buy their games. I believe that the matter of whether their customers are broadly happy with their purchases is of secondary importance.

Oh of course but it makes for great PR. ;) I figure the thinking was more like, "Enough girls/women are complaining about this so let's pick our golden child and add this into the games to get more sales." Either way it's still a nice addition. Now Crista can be on my time and not simply the faceless GM lol.

Return to “Video Games”