Official E3 2011 thread

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Official E3 2011 thread

Postby freezespell » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:00 am

What do you guys think of this year's E3 so far? I wasn't able to catch Sony or Microsoft's press conferences, but from what I've heard, I really didn't miss much except hearing about the Halo Anniversary game and a little more about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, but tomorrow I will be going to the library to watch Nintendo's press conference. I am so excited to hear what Nintendo has to say about Project Cafe and all the details about it. :D

edit: I almost forgot about Halo 4 being announced for late next year. That's also going to be awesome. \m/
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Re: Official E3 2011 thread

Postby freezespell » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stream the Nintendo press conference at the library but I did see that IGN uploaded the Microsoft press conference on their YouTube account so right now I'm watching that.

edit: Here are some quick thoughts on Microsoft's press conference:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Awesome!

Gears of War 3: Looks great.

Bioware: They really need to diversify their portfolio and make games in other genres besides RPGs. Where's Bernie Stolar when you need him?

Halo Anniversary: MUST! HAVE!

Kudo Tsunoda: Poser. We all know you're not Japanese.

Kinect stuff: Hit or miss.

Halo 4: I MUST GET THIS GAME ON LAUNCH DAY! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LONGEST 18 MONTHS OF MY LIFE!
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:04 am

I'm looking forward to Rayman Origins and the new Silent Hill game. Nintendo kinda disappointed again, but I'll still be a fanboy and look forward to the Wii U. With that kind of controller I'm worried about the price though.

iwatch2muchanime

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:55 am

Microsoft and Sony conferences were a waste of time in my eyes.

Microsoft had Tomb Raider was the only thing I cared about on it.

Gears 3 looks like gears, which is good.

Fable Kinect is the only game that's looked good for kinect and the only Fable that looks interesting period.

Any anniversary game is pointless to me.

Sony had PS Vita which is kinda cool in my eyes.

Uncharted 3, but I haven't played 1 or 2......

Street Fighter x Tekken which I still don't care about lol.

Nintendo had the best conference period.

Zelda Skyward Sword

Kid Icarus looks like a sweet action game on the 3DS, which annoys me because I don't want to get a 3DS

Wii U which is a giant sweet idea with untold possibilities... or a flop. I don't care which but finally some HD Zelda/Mario/SSB games. And now real cross platform games.

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:52 pm

I watched Nintendo's press conference earlier today and, holy crap, was it awesome! I found out that Project Cafe will be known as Wii U, and the controller for it is just amazing! Also, the 3DS will start to have games that will make it worth owning. Now it appears I will have to wait a year or so for the price to go down on that thing so I can go get one... either that, or find a job and save up to get one myself, but I am definitely going to try to get a Wii U on launch day! I've always wanted to know what standing in line waiting for a new system to come out is like! :D

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:48 am

Mmmm Halo 4. When I heard the chanting and heard Cortana's voice I almost had to change my shorts. I'm a Halo fanboy, shoot me. ODST was a disappointment to me but Reach was good. Halo 3 I think was a bit of a let down so I am hoping 4 simply rocks out with its cock out lol. Midnight release party here I come!

As far as other games......

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Looks sweet and the preview was nice

Gears of War 3: Looks to be awesome. Love Ice-T

Halo Anniversary: Meh, rather buy Uncharted 3 heh

Kinect stuff: Not feeling it at all honestly.

Halo 4: See above stattements lol.

I was excited to read and then see the new Tomb Raider game. However I refuse to be hopeful after hearing too many times how "X" Tomb Raider game will save the franchise etc etc. I wanna believe but I'll wait to see it first before I believe it. At least laura looks like a real woman now.

Uncharted 3 is the game I am most excited for this year. Gears 3 will be awesome but the Uncharted games are just witty and damn fun to play. Easily my favorite PS3 games period so far.

More Silent Hill is good news. Hope it goes back to the creepy roots that made the series so scary but fun.

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:50 pm

The last few Tomb Raider games (Legends, Anniversary, Underworld) have actually been very good. They are a lot of fun and have some very well written plots.

Return to “Video Games”