What are you playing?

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
beken

Re: What are you playing?

Postby beken » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:15 am

Littlewolf wrote:Hmm... what am I playing...

Other than the occasional Rock Band with my family:

Naruto: The Broken Bond. I'm having a lot more fun with this than I expected.

My never ending game of Disgaea that is now in it's... 4th year? I go on many 6-month breaks with it.

Fabel II, though I'm bored with it now.

And many many Japanese SNES games via the Homebrew Channel on the Wii.

Planning to try:
Left for Dead
Disgaea 2
LOST: Via Domus cause I'm a LOST geek like that.

I have managed to install Wii Homebrew on my Wii. It took awhile because I have the latest version of the firmware on my Wii (version 4.3). Apparently, there was a patch in 4.3 that deleted unauthorized software and channels on the Wii. That looks to have been successfully circumvented now.

Now to figure out how to get games and other software onto it and get it to play.

choski2

Postby choski2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 pm

I just started playing Tokyo Xanadu +EX for PS4. It's pretty fun so far even though it's a little too text-heavy. The combat is good and the characters are likeable enough imo.

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:44 am

I loaded Simcity 2013 onto my iMac (early 2014 version). After running for a while the game does a crash to desktop. I stopped running the game on my Macbook Pro after its performance load led to the CPU fan kicking in and going really hard. So, I'm letting sleeping dogs lie and am sticking with Simcity 4.

My current Simcity 4 project is to create a super huge map of Tamriel and its nearby islands. The starting point is a map I downloaded from the Nexusmods website. This is in spite of the fact I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls PC games and have less than passing interest in TESO - The Elder Scrolls Online. But I'm impressed with some of the content people have created in the game universe.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

d.yaro
Head Moderator

Postby d.yaro » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Just fired up good old Earl Weaver Baseball, DOS version, on Boxer. Boxer is a DOS game box emulator on the Mac. Talk about reliving old memories. I once played a short season with two 10 team leagues on my Apple ][ version of the game way back in the late 1980s.

beken

Postby beken » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:30 pm

I should fix my Logitech G27 steering wheel. I still haven't gotten around to opening it up.

d.yaro
Head Moderator

Postby d.yaro » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:48 pm

I managed to get A-Train 9 loaded and started on my Windows laptop. I'm playing A-Train 4 to learn the ropes to the terminology (in Japanese) used in A-Train 9. I plan to progress to playing A-Train 7 later to get a handle on the modernized interface of that game. Then I'll move up to A-Train 9. I decided not to get the Steam version of A-Train 9 as the English localized version is missing the extra trains in the Japanese version. Of course the Japanese "Tokai" train and scenery pack will never see the light of day in Steam. That package is next on my acquisition list.

I played a bit of Simcity 4 Deluxe with the Rush Hour Pack on my Windows laptop. The Windows version has the three levels of vegetation which weren't included in the Mac port version. I've patched the game so that the night lighting features for user mods will work. Unfortunately the Windows version has an unwanted feature not found on the Mac version; it crashes semi-randomly.

Il y Aura Du Sang
Location: Guam. 18 minutes away from the start of WW3. How's your day?

Postby Il y Aura Du Sang » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:23 am

POKEMON GOLD in my English 3DS, POKEMON CRYSTAL in my Japanese 2DS. Trying to make Chansey evolve in the first one, trying to train Dratini in the latter.
Nada nos libra. Nada más queda.

Return to “Video Games”