SNES Classic

A section for all us gaming nerds to come together and chat about the coolest new games or favorite classics.
beken

SNES Classic

Postby beken » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:55 pm

The other day, a limited number of Super Nintendo Entertainment Systems - Classic editions (SNES - Classic) went on sale . They are smaller versions of the original, but with the games built in.
Now you can always get the games online, but you don't get the controllers and plug in box. And it was for a great price. Only problem is, each place only had a limited number and they would sell out within minutes
of arriving in stores.

Enter Amazon, who advertises that they have a few available to Prime members only. So I signed up for Prime only to go through the entire sales process. Putting a unit on my shopping cart, going to check out, enter credit card info, choose my delivery option and submit. Then after while, I get an error message that says they have already oversold the number of units available and no more exist. But they still have it on their site with units available.

Since the first month of Prime is free and once you sign on, you will never get a free month again, I will keep Prime for a month and try it out. With your prime membership, you get free shipping, Prime Movies, Prime TV, Prime Music, Prime Twitch (Games) and a host of other online perks. So it's not all that bad a value. But I will probably cancel before I have to pay money for the membership on ... Christmas Eve.

BTW...I read somewhere that Walmart would be getting some so I sent my wife to go pick one up at the Walmart near our home. She got one. The store only received 3 units.

Christmas present for my kid as she has been trying to get one for months. There are a lot of people who have bought one and then turned around and put them on sale for triple the price.

Return to “Video Games”