My AMVs!

If it's got a beat, bring it here music fans. The home for all your musical discussions.
Emerje
Tech Staff

My AMVs!

Postby Emerje » Sun May 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Its the first of many to come I hope. I know it lacks polish and YouTube kinda dumbed down the quality a bit (what happened to 2gig HD files?) and shortened it by a couple seconds, but I was trying to meet a deadline for the local anime con so I rushed it a bit. Anyway, it basically recaps the entire Haruhi Suzumiya Endless 8 arc set to the Nine Inch Nails song "Every Day is Exactly the Same". No subtitles, no watermarks, and no credits, I really put a lot of work into trying to make this at least look acceptable even if I don't have any real talent at this. I've already got plans for an AMV to show at Otakon if I'm lucky (they aren't putting a length limit on videos this year which is perfect for what I want to do!).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quixt4oOkHo[/youtube]

Feel free to leave comments here and at YouTube.

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Re: I made an AMV!

Postby d.yaro » Mon May 10, 2010 4:27 am

Hey...not bad! My comments: It had good narrative structure and the key images were a good match with the delivery of the vocals and the lyrics. In the middle section the quick cuts started to become noticeably distracting. There was a lot of content in there (what with squeezing the whole arch into that 4m 28s time frame) so I found the visuals to be faster paced than what I would have expected for the tempo of the music. Anyways, just giving you my two bits. Keep up the good work!

Emerje
Tech Staff

Re: I made an AMV!

Postby Emerje » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:09 am

Here's my second AMV. It's not the one I wanted to submit to Otakon, but that one was taking me longer to make than I'd liked so I switched gears and got this one together in time. It's been accepted, but I don't know if it'll make it into the competition or the overflow.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUcRWjAE4tI[/youtube]

Threw together a cheesy "group" name while I was at. I didn't rush this one and it shows. Aside from some issues with image quality the editing is much tighter and I was really able to tweak the hell out of it.

Probably won't win too many points with the kids for using a Johnny Cash song, but hey, it's a Nine Inch Nails cover so that's got to be worth something.

And it's only by chance that my two videos use Nine Inch Nails songs, I didn't even realize it until just now... :sweat

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

Soul Tsukino
Tech Staff

Re: My AMVs!

Postby Soul Tsukino » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:11 am

I've said this before but that Trigun vid is really good. Considering your only on your second vid, you'll win awards soon enough
The Sailor sun Fan fic Collective
http://www.soultsukino.info
Celebrating 10 years of the Series

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:51 am

Here's my latest for Otakon. Hopefully I'll know in a few weeks if I make it in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJhR_ca4lDs[/youtube]

Anime: Ano Hana (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai)
Music: The Ghost of You - My Chemical Romance

I'm taking a big chance making and submitting a video for an anime that hasn't even finished yet, but I wasn't really trying to retell the story, just capture it's spirit (no pun intended). Biggest problem is I don't know if it'll have the same effect on someone who hasn't seen the anime as it might on someone who has.

Oh, and the noise in the flashback footage is intentional, some of the scenes already had it so I included it in the scenes that didn't for consistency. The rest of the noise is YouTube being YouTube, the source file was 455MB and looked really clean. Hopefully it wont take another year for me to make video four.

Emerje

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:05 am

Whoah sh*t Emerje. That's well done. Does help if one knows a bit about the show though. Nonetheless, good work. Hope it gets accepted.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Thanks a lot, kind sir!

Emerje

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Bah, YouTube removed the AnoHana video above on request from the record studio. They made me agree not to do that again or else they'll close my account, then forced me to watch a stupid cartoon about copyright laws and take a quiz on it before I could use YouTube again. I did, but I wont be uploading any more videos to YouTube, if people want to see them they can look me up on AMV.org.

Emerje

Return to “Music”