Karaoke Thread!

If it's got a beat, bring it here music fans. The home for all your musical discussions.
Zewerr

Karaoke Thread!

Postby Zewerr » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:23 am

I thought I'd start a new karaoke thread, since I do have one new song since our last karaoke thread disappeared.

HERE's Iron Maiden's Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger.

And also, all my old ones are still available to listen to HERE.

JesuOtaku

Re: Karaoke Thread!

Postby JesuOtaku » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:45 pm

Wow, cool! You have a great grainy timbre to your voice that you could do a lot with the more experience you have, and you sound really good, especially in the first verse. Reminds me mostly of Bon Jovi, but younger-sounding. :D It's really brave to post yourself singing! I have a few Disney karaoke CDs lying around, so I could post some, I guess. I love to sing.

This isn't karaoke, but I played the Cat in the Hat in a high school musical. It was a wonderful experience, and I'll always remember it with fondness. These were two of my favorite numbers to sing.

Havin' a Hunch (Ha ha, you can't see me, you just get to hear my voice. This was my FAVORITE part of the musical to perform, but it's under blacklight for the first half, so you can't see much. Too bad, so sad.)

How Lucky You Are (You can see me here, but my voice wavers more than I would have liked. The other song's cooler, because due to technical difficulties I had to quick-change my choreography in this one, and it shows. I was nervous.)

The only problem with the role is I'm not singing in a very "womanly" voice. I had to play an androgynous magical person, neither male nor female, so I have this brassy snarl thing going on. Anyway, it was fun to sing.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Saki

Postby Saki » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:19 pm

I'll upload my old karaokes in these days. Found a bunch of them.
ImageImage

Nankatsu's Field: Updated every Monday

Saki

Postby Saki » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:49 am

Doubleposted... Yeah. Kill me if you wish.

While the other karaoke files upload, I leave you with The Meaning Of Truth sung by yours truly.

Edit: Done.

FMA's Brothers in English.

Yoake Umarekuru Shoujo from Shakugan No Shana.

Baby It's You from Bleach. My personal favorite.

Houkiboshi, or better said, Cometa. Made a Spanish version of it :3
ImageImage

Nankatsu's Field: Updated every Monday

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:48 am

I could listen to you sing all day my dear heh. ;) And you're a very nice singer too Jesu. Very pretty voice for a cat heh. I see we're starting this thread off with the sound of angels singing hehe.

edit--btw Jesu....I forgot to say that you as the cat in the hat...priceless. :D

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:46 am

Yes, this is a definite must in reviving threads for this forum! XD And this time around not only do we get to hear your voices but in the case of JO you get to see her in an actual video! XD We need more of that sort of thing here. :P

In any case, I need to see if jetz can upload the one I did on the old one. In the meantime I do plan on seeing if we can work together again to get a few more on here.

JesuOtaku

Postby JesuOtaku » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:20 am

BrothersElric wrote:Yes, this is a definite must in reviving threads for this forum! XD And this time around not only do we get to hear your voices but in the case of JO you get to see her in an actual video! XD We need more of that sort of thing here. :P

In any case, I need to see if jetz can upload the one I did on the old one. In the meantime I do plan on seeing if we can work together again to get a few more on here.

Hey, that's right, you're in band! Do you just play instruments then, or do you like to siiiiing as well? :lol:

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:39 am

Ah this thread reminded me that next term I was going to have to learn about 3 songs in latin next term. Maybe I'll put those here... well at least I already know lacrimosa.

This isn't karaoke, but I played the Cat in the Hat in a high school musical. It was a wonderful experience, and I'll always remember it with fondness. These were two of my favorite numbers to sing.

Yes you sounded good jesu glad you have fond memories of that because I can't even remember the singing part of the last time I was in a musical.. for some reason I can only remember the acting part.

jetz

Postby jetz » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:24 am

All of you were great, but I have to say Saki's version of Yoake Umarekuru Shoujo was my favorite. You were really awesome, Saki! I almost wanted to bow down in front of you while saying "I'm not worthy" - I really thought it was that good. I wish I could sing that song as good as you (I tried before, but wasn't as successful :oops: ).

Here's my version of Heavy Starry Chain, originally by Tommy Heavenly6, my idol :D . My voice sounds muffled again - I just can't find a good enough mic that will produce a clearer sound (my laptop mic is better but it's not as loud >_< ).

btw, BrothersElric, I just PMed you the link of your recording from before. Good thing I have the original link in my bookmarks.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:44 am

BrothersElric wrote:Yes, this is a definite must in reviving threads for this forum! XD And this time around not only do we get to hear your voices but in the case of JO you get to see her in an actual video! XD We need more of that sort of thing here. :P

You're a few years too late for me unfortunately. I did a few minor roles in some high school plays back in the and day and I was in chorus from 7th grade on. I never liked my voice but I was the only male upper classman that could sing tenor so the chorus teacher used me whenever she could. The younger guys could hit tenor but they didn't have the power behind their voice I did. And the rest of the guys were baritones and basses. After not singing in any sort of regular capacity for 8 years my voice finally dropped to a baritone level. I might be able to get it to 2nd tenor again but probably not the 1st tenor I had been at.

JesuOtaku

Postby JesuOtaku » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:10 pm

Wow. Do ALL of us like to sing?! :shock: And you're all good at it, stayin' on pitch, great attitude, etc...dang.

Latin is a beautiful language to sing in, zanarkandprincess, I still remember singing Adoramus Te...all the words, the prettiness of it. :mrgreen:

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:52 pm

JesuOtaku wrote:Hey, that's right, you're in band! Do you just play instruments then, or do you like to siiiiing as well? :lol:

Pretty much I just play the instruments, yeah. I mostly just like to sing to a lot of songs I like and stuff. I guess I'm not too bad at it, but apparently even though I sound just fine to myself, as you'll probably see with the one I had before once I get it posted I'm not quite as good as I think.....

Speaking of which, yeah, jetz, the PM I just sent you.......

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:14 am

I might as well post all the songs I've done. Even with all the songs I've done I still think my voice sounds weird when I hear it :oops:

The Doors
People Are Strange
Spanish Caravan

Emerson, Lake and Palmer
C'Est La Vie
Jeremy Bender
Jerusalem
Lucky Man

The Moody Blues
Watching And Waiting

U2
A Day Without Me
I Fall Down
Running to Stand Still
Stories For Boys
Dammit, it’s my turn to say dammit.” -Daria.
What are you listening to? challenge: Completed 102 of 114.

jetz

Postby jetz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:54 am

@BrothersElric

:oops:

I'm really sorry, I must've forgotten to include the link :oops:

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:49 pm

It's all good jetz, no worries. :)

Anyways, here it is. May I remind you that it's really not all that good, that's partly why I want to do more, to see if we can get one that's better. Especially with me and my singing......

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1804870418b3895a/

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:07 am

Here's a new song I've done:

Fire - U2
Dammit, it’s my turn to say dammit.” -Daria.
What are you listening to? challenge: Completed 102 of 114.

Zewerr

Postby Zewerr » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:54 am

Heh, I'm not sure if I would be able to get away with doing a U2 song. Because if I did, I would probably caricaturize Bono's voice excessively. Anyway, nice job everyone.

I had the house to myself tonight, so I took the oportunity to record a couple more songs.

The first one is Ministry of Fools by Saxon (warning: there's one F-bomb in the song). I wasn't too thrilled about how it turned out, since throughout most of the song I'm right on the border of my vocal range. So it doesn't sound that fluent to me, but it was good enough, so I decided to save it.

The second one is Wooden Pint from Korpiklaani. These guys are the king of folk metal. I usually don't like music with this vocal style that they have, but Korpiklaani is the only exception, since it's kinda unique with the style of music.

Not a Jellyfish

Postby Not a Jellyfish » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:10 pm

Per Saki-chan's recommendation, here is my YouTube Channel. It only has four videos right now, but it's me singing and playing guitar covers of some of my favorite songs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NotaJellyfish

Songs include:
Lisa Loeb, "Sandalwood"
Lisa Loeb, "Stay"
The Weepies, "World Spins Madly On"
Bright Eyes, "First Day of My Life"

Any other videos I put up, I'll repost it here. Comments are appreciated. ^.^

jetz

Postby jetz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:29 am

Jelly! Great job singing Stay! I love that song! :D

Zewerr

Postby Zewerr » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:32 am

No doubt. You've been holding out on us!

Return to “Music”