The official Ani alley japanese music thread!

If it's got a beat, bring it here music fans. The home for all your musical discussions.
Pastachan

Re: The official Ani alley japanese music thread!

Postby Pastachan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:17 am

Zanarkand Princess wrote:Hype? :lol: NOBODY likes it.

By hype, I meant all the build-up to its release.

As for Suju, they've been kind of down for a while until "No Other." It's different, for them, but I really like the song.
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:53 am

Well, Shinee's comeback concept is interesting to say the least.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS9n0q5snJA[/youtube]

Yamapi's new song

Sukunai

Postby Sukunai » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:27 pm

Not entirely jpop and not entirely Japanese music, although a sound track to an anime is I suppose specifically Japanese, but, I have found the sound track to Air TV so good it is actually the reason I bought the anime itself.

26 tracks of total enjoyment. Not one portion unworthy. I've sometimes played the thing all day endlessly.

I find I listen to a lot of music in recent years though only if an AMV makes the song special. So that is not really a jpop thing as most of the music is not always Japanese. But as anime is, and as I can only relate to the song by seeing the AMV in my head, I call that a form of cross over Japanese music thing.

I have enjoyed listening to stuff from Russian anime fans, Italian anime fans and German anime fans as well. Have not encountered anything French yet though.

My current obsession though is Hatsune Miku, who by way, if you were not aware, her 39s Hatsune Miku Giving Day concert goes on sale from Amazon Sept 1st YIPPEE (definitely buying that as my download is inferior).

Mentioning download, yes I have the good download by the way. While rough, it escaped the embargo Sega enforced on YouTube. 2 hours and 844 megs of file size though makes it hard to share.
Expert counsel, generous advice from friends, and my own knowledge has left me realizing, I am all that a man needs to be a man, and yet, I live half my day with a woman's frame of mind all the same.
I'd rather something in the way of more mundane troubles :)

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:24 pm

So Jin is leaving KAT-TUN..I'm actually kind of excited to see what he decides to do on his own. I assume he'll just be a soloist under JE.

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:30 pm

Zanarkand Princess wrote:So Jin is leaving KAT-TUN..I'm actually kind of excited to see what he decides to do on his own. I assume he'll just be a soloist under JE.

Yeah... I like how Johnny basically said "good luck." He doesn't want Jin falling back on KAT-TUN if he fails, that is. He seems to do well enough as his own solo if only in Asia (assuming he doesn't do will in America and beyond).

I watched that performance on one of those Korean shows by KAT-TUN as only a five-member group. They were still great. But, man, I hadn't seen them in a while and they all seemed slightly different to me. :sweat (In a good way, though, as they were all smiles. 'Specially Ueda. :) )

Past

Postby Past » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:44 am

Sukunai wrote:My current obsession though is Hatsune Miku, who by way, if you were not aware, her 39s Hatsune Miku Giving Day concert goes on sale from Amazon Sept 1st YIPPEE (definitely buying that as my download is inferior).
Yay another Hatsune Miku fan. I'm absolutely obsessed too. Not a day goes by when I'm not listening to the various Hatsune Miku songs in my collection. I'm also starting to like many of the other Vocaloids too, but to me Miku's voice is the most unique and satisfying of them all.

What are some of your favorite Miku songs?
I probably love melody.exe the best and some of my other faves are classics like Black Rock Shooter, Nebula and
Melt.
In Soviet Russia; witches strike you!Image

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:36 am

Pastachan wrote:
Zanarkand Princess wrote:So Jin is leaving KAT-TUN..I'm actually kind of excited to see what he decides to do on his own. I assume he'll just be a soloist under JE.

Yeah... I like how Johnny basically said "good luck." He doesn't want Jin falling back on KAT-TUN if he fails, that is. He seems to do well enough as his own solo if only in Asia (assuming he doesn't do will in America and beyond).

I watched that performance on one of those Korean shows by KAT-TUN as only a five-member group. They were still great. But, man, I hadn't seen them in a while and they all seemed slightly different to me. :sweat (In a good way, though, as they were all smiles. 'Specially Ueda. :) )

I think it's the best thing for both parties at this point. According to reports KUNTT was crying at the concert last night, especially during promise song. It will probably feel really weird for a while but in the end everyone will be better off.

And yeah, Jin has enough popularity to carry him in Asia but I think even if he does fail in the US he'll continue to write/produce/party here. Olympos is the...28th? best selling album of the year in Japan as of now after all.

OT: I just realized your location said Raleigh Pasta. I'll be there for the next month :lol:

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:30 am

Zanarkand Princess wrote:KUNTT

Oh, this is the most unfortunate name... :mrgreen:

OT: I just realized your location said Raleigh Pasta. I'll be there for the next month :lol:

Cool~! Come visit me at NC State! Haha. Or you don't have to... :P

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:06 am

Pastachan wrote:
Zanarkand Princess wrote:KUNTT

Oh, this is the most unfortunate name... :mrgreen:

That's kind of why Jin fans are sticking with it :lol:

Pastachan wrote:
Zanarkand Princess wrote:]OT: I just realized your location said Raleigh Pasta. I'll be there for the next month :lol:

Cool~! Come visit me at NC State! Haha. Or you don't have to... :P

My mom moved there in march so I''ve been back and forth there a lot. :sweat What's NC state like? I've been looking at it as a possible choice for college.

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:06 am

Zanarkand Princess wrote:That's kind of why Jin fans are sticking with it :lol:

I was hoping it was done purposefully! Much lulz to be had at that, especially if Johnny's was "Engrish" enough to go for it.

Zanarkand Princess wrote:What's NC state like? I've been looking at it as a possible choice for college.

It's pretty cool. Much more welcoming environment than the other two "more popular" schools, Chapel Hill and Duke. Btw, we're better than CH when it comes to educational stuff, so I hate it when CH people act like they're better just cause they have a couple good sports teams. Our colors and mascot are better! [/rant]

We have pretty much every major that most people are looking for. (Some are better than others, though.) I'm in the College of Design, which is nationally renowned for being one of the best art and design schools. Yet most of the students don't know we exist... Hah. Anyway, I think NCSU is supposed to have a decent tuition price. And there's a lot of cool community-oriented events that go on and whatnot. It's a really large campus (northeast campus is best!) almost right in the middle of Raleigh, which is super awesome for exploration imho.

Uhh... I don't know what else to say. JOIN OR DIE, I guess? :D

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:13 am

I was hoping it was done purposefully! Much lulz to be had at that, especially if Johnny's was "Engrish" enough to go for it.

He;s too fluent for that I guess. He said the A is going to stay and stand for Kame's KAmenashi. :lol:

It's pretty cool. Much more welcoming environment than the other two "more popular" schools, Chapel Hill and Duke. Btw, we're better than CH when it comes to educational stuff, so I hate it when CH people act like they're better just cause they have a couple good sports teams. Our colors and mascot are better! [/rant]

We have pretty much every major that most people are looking for. (Some are better than others, though.) I'm in the College of Design, which is nationally renowned for being one of the best art and design schools. Yet most of the students don't know we exist... Hah. Anyway, I think NCSU is supposed to have a decent tuition price. And there's a lot of cool community-oriented events that go on and whatnot. It's a really large campus (northeast campus is best!) almost right in the middle of Raleigh, which is super awesome for exploration imho.

Uhh... I don't know what else to say. JOIN OR DIE, I guess?

The campus does seem large. I'll probably end up paying a visit for real in the coming weeks though ;)

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:40 am

Lollipop sucked ass but that cover... yup she's still a slutty sweaty ho but she's still way hot.

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:00 pm

I never thought Kumi was attractive after the Real Emotion/1000 words era to be honest.

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Ack. Is it just me, or is SHINee's new song ("Lucifer") actually super boring?

I couldn't stand getting through the first 1:30 of their new video... Watching the entire video of Taeyang's "I Need a Girl" was torture as well. All the new K-Pop groups coming out are super generic, too. Where's the good stuff?

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:21 am

I was just about to come and say how much I love Lucifer. This might be because I love Taemin and Key but I loved the MV, the album is amazing and their comeback stage last night was good.

BoA is making her Kpop comeback on August 5th too. And she'll have an MV for GAME out on sunday!

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:28 pm

So yeah Hikaru Utada hiatus :(
Let's hope it's one of those Amanda Bynes retirements :lol:

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:57 am

It's not :lol:
MEG is also taking a year hiatus.
3 Morning Musume girls are also being graduated (Eri, Junjun, Linlin) and OLIVIA is releasing a BEST album and appears to have been dropped from her management.

Great week in jpop :roll:

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:47 pm

Ok so this is a Korean group but this was too awesome to not share. Want Korean pop idol bands? How about with the girls from Dead or Alive and Final Fantasy. :D

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/dead-fantasy-gee/343535

Zanarkand Princess

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:48 am

How did I know it would be Gee.. :sweat

Also 2NE1 IS COMING BACK ON SEPTEMBER 9TH! AND BIG BANG IS JUST A MONTH OR SO AFTER!

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:32 am

Off on a slight tangent: Shonen Knife will be swinging through town in early September. I guess it was December of two years ago when they last played in Vancouver. Will make a point of tracking down a ticket to the show...
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

Return to “Music”