Official Concert Thread

If it's got a beat, bring it here music fans. The home for all your musical discussions.
Zin5ki

Re: Official Concert Thread

Postby Zin5ki » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:24 pm

My housemate woke up a hour too late to be able to buy tickets to see Muse. Her only option now is to fly over to France or Germany in order to see one of their shows. I suppose all this popular music fandom must be tough stuff.

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:27 pm

I got an interesting concert I going to see tonight. Joe Mettler, a person who graduated from my school last year will play performing with a bunch of his friend up in Hamilton tonight. This is something he has been doing many times before but this will be the first time I will be able to go and watch live. I've heard him sing many time in school last year and he's good.

Some video's if you'd like to see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcSKpoMxIFA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDFVlInGiRw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW0FiqT597Y
Dammit, it’s my turn to say dammit.” -Daria.
What are you listening to? challenge: Completed 102 of 114.

Littlewolf

Postby Littlewolf » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:08 pm

I'VE GOT TICKETS TO AC/DC! AND THEY'RE FLOOR!

*is bouncing around hyper beyond beliefe* Damn ticket master tried giving me tickets behind the stage, and then way up in the balconies. Wouldn't have that so I kept having it refresh and finally it gave me tickets on the floor. They've separated the floor via seats, and for me in past shows they've done this but it ended up being a regular GA floor... looks like this is the same cause these floor tickets are "paperless" and you have to show an id and the credit card you purchased with on the floor but...

I'M GOING TO SEE AC/DC!! And with my sister too who's been away working on a damn cruise ship for the past 8 months. She used to be my concert going partner, and we'd see at least 3 shows a month. I haven't seen anything since she's gone cause it's depressing as hell going to shows alone, but she's a huge AC/DC fan, I'm a big fan, and we've got tons of friends going, which means I won't have to drive so I plan on getting my ass drunk at an AC/DC show now.

It's gonna be good times! Oct 30th can't get her soon enough.

How was that Muse show Zin5ki? I wanted to see them forever and was finally able to when they toured with My Chemical Romance here a few years back. I would have preferred to see them as headliners because the rest of the crowd just wasn't into them (no one would help me crowd surf bastards!) but they were amazing live, and I'd see them again without a second thought.
See Scott Pilgrim or Die Trying (you may earn a life in the process)

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:02 am

I would love to see Muse in concert. :(

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:53 pm

There's a Moody Blues concert near me but I think it's too late for me to go :cry:

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:55 pm

darksideoftheanime wrote:There's a Moody Blues concert near me but I think it's too late for me to go :cry:

Moody Blues would be a heck of a lot of fun... you should go if you still can!

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Littlewolf wrote:I'VE GOT TICKETS TO AC/DC!

Jealous!! ;_; I wish I could go see AC/DC, for one reason or another I swear they never come here......... Both them and Pearl Jam, it really sucks. :cry:

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:26 pm

Sentire wrote:Moody Blues would be a heck of a lot of fun... you should go if you still can!

I told my dad I wanted to go about two mouths ago but what he basically said to me was "You're not going to like it. The music won't sound anything like you're use to. It's going to SUCK!"

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:03 pm

^ Well, I don't know about you but my interpretation of that would be "Well, Dad, you didn't say 'No' did you? I'm going whether or not you think it will suck.". Of course I saw them in concert back in 1978. That was a pretty good show.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:26 pm

Plus, it kind of sounds like your father doesn't know how extensive your musical tastes are. That maybe you have broadened the spectrum of genres you find appealing, and that you may find the live show quite enjoyable. I'm with d.yaro on this... would be worth a go... as long as you keep an open mind like you usually do.

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:57 pm

Sentire wrote:Plus, it kind of sounds like your father doesn't know how extensive your musical tastes are.

That isn't the reason why he said I wouldn't like it. He said because from his experience most songs sound terrible live compared to the studio version. Now form my experience, most songs do sound better studio then live but there are live songs that can be just as good if not better then the studio version.

d.yaro
Head Moderator

Postby d.yaro » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:48 am

^ My two bits on that: One goes to concerts to take in not just the music but the atmosphere and energy of the performance. As an added bonus, a lot of times you'll get acts who do certain songs live only. Or they'll improvise sections of music or rearrange them...whatever. Where else but in a live concert would you hear a guy improvising "If I only had an amp" to the melody of "If I Only Had a Brain" from the Wizard of Oz? (Answer: Paul Westerberg of The Replacements during their concert at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver in the mid 1980s.) In my opinion a person going to a concert expecting to hear the music exactly as recorded in the studio is missing the point. And an act that performs their music exactly as they recorded it is a waste of time. Anyways, I think you get my point...

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:16 am

*Waves hand in air* Seconded! Couldn't have said it better myself....

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:50 pm

Well, I have another chance to see a live concert. I just brought a ticket to see Lupe Fiasco perform live at my college on September 12. I hopefully I see my first concert on September 12.

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:00 am

darksideoftheanime wrote:Well, I have another chance to see a live concert. I just brought a ticket to see Lupe Fiasco perform live at my college on September 12. I hopefully I see my first concert on September 12.

Way to go. It should be quite an experience. Hope you enjoy!

d.yaro
Head Moderator

Postby d.yaro » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:45 am

@ darkside: Yup. Have fun at the concert. :)

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:21 pm

Be sure to start an awesome mosh pit. Every concert needs a mosh pit heh.

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:04 pm

^I don't know if they have mosh pits at rap concerts but I guess anything's possible :lol:

My aunt from Virginia made me very jealous when she said she was going to see U2 live :cry:. I would love it if I could see U2 live*.

*But at least I can say my tickets were cheaper then hers :D

d.yaro
Head Moderator

Postby d.yaro » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:36 am

I didn't go but a buddy of mine and his girlfriend saw the Vancouver AC/DC concert...for free. The catch being that they were part of a crew serving drinks (coolers, beer and Mike's Hard Lemonade) prior to the show. Once the show started the concession booth closed up and they were free to wander out and enjoy the show. I think he said they watched it from the floor. They did a similar gig at the Madonna concert earlier this year.

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:38 am

d.yaro wrote:I didn't go but a buddy of mine and his girlfriend saw the Vancouver AC/DC concert...for free. The catch being that they were part of a crew serving drinks (coolers, beer and Mike's Hard Lemonade) prior to the show. Once the show started the concession booth closed up and they were free to wander out and enjoy the show. I think he said they watched it from the floor. They did a similar gig at the Madonna concert earlier this year.

I volunteered at a local venue for the same reason. I saw Black Crowes, Def Jam (comedy), Morrissey, and quite a few others that I can't think of right now. Memory is the first thing to go, I guess. lol

Return to “Music”