College Student Forgotten in Cell

A section for all those current and up to date news stories and issues impacting the world.
d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

College Student Forgotten in Cell

Postby d.yaro » Thu May 03, 2012 4:50 am

College student forgotten in cell says he had hallucinations about Japanese-style cartoons.

You'll have to excuse the long headline but that's the one I found on Yahoo! ahead of that story. As for the story itself I'm not 100% sure what to say. I do feel the young man is lucky to have survived his ordeal and I'm certain it wasn't necessary. Going to a party to get high may not be the wisest thing to do but that's about all I have to say on that matter. After giving this story another read I started thinking about the fear factor it embodies. It's something straight out of a story by Edgar Allen Poe. I don't remember the title of it but I'm sure he wrote at least one story of someone being sealed up in a room and left to die.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

Past

Re: College Student Forgotten in Cell

Postby Past » Sat May 05, 2012 7:15 am

That is so sad and horrible what happened to that young man, and I am very upset that such a thing, just due to sheer negligence of people not doing their jobs right, could happen to someone. I have a job where I have to remember a lot of things that go on in a day. Except that I don't even attempt to remember any of it, so instead I write notes and respond to people in emails for everything that happens. If I go down my list of emails and see that one doesn't have a little 'reply to' icon next to it, that means I've forgotten to do something, or haven't told someone about it (so they can remember it). I also use sticky notes a lot. So if I worked at the DEA and I was in charge of tracking where each incarcerated person was sent and what was done to them, I'd have to rely on this email/sticky note documentation system, because I don't remember stuff since I don't even attempt to commit anything to memory. It's simple, effective and prevents important things from being forgotten.
In Soviet Russia; witches strike you!Image

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:11 am

Late reply i know but, they put him in a cell because he was doing drugs, and the cell they put him in had drugs in it? for some reason that sounds a bit shady to me..

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:56 pm

Someone dropped the ball that much is definite.

Return to “Current Events”