Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty of Murder In Caylee's Death

A section for all those current and up to date news stories and issues impacting the world.
freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty of Murder In Caylee's Death

Postby freezespell » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:30 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anthony_ ... d=13987918

Are you shitting me? The fucking bitch knew that she killed her own daughter. Caylee Anthony will never be able to rest in peace because of her piece of shit "mother". I wonder how Casey is going to celebrate her acquittal? Is she going to go to some club to party and get shitfaced? How appropriate; a piece of shit getting shitfaced. It's what she did on a regular basis before the trial started and something tells me that she'll go right back to "living for the moment" like she had been before. If there is anything positive to take out of this it will have to be that she has to live with the fact that the blood on her hands will never wash off, no matter how hard she tries.
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

Pastachan

Re: Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty of Murder In Caylee's Death

Postby Pastachan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:55 pm

freezespell wrote:The fucking bitch knew that she killed her own daughter.

At this point, the law has stated that she did not kill her own child, so anyone who claims she did is guilty of either libel or slander. Whether she did or not, we'll probably never know. We don't really know much of anything. We certainly know less than the jury. (Though there have been questions as to whether the jury was fully aware of the impact of the years-long state investigation before the trial, versus whatever the defense may have said.) I personally don't think she is guilty in the first degree—and I definitely don't believe she deserves the death penalty—but I don't think she is entirely innocent because of many of the points brought up by the prosecution throughout. But for now, I will have to believe she's innocent.

"Justice" is a different story, imho. So I won't say justice was served, especially for Caylee.

Either way, the jury did their job, and that's the proper way to hold a trial in America. People keep complaining and dissin' the jury, but the system is built a certain way in order to protect its citizens (even the one's on trial) in the best way we know. People will never truly appreciate it until they themselves are on trial. But really, I don't see how there's any way she can go back to her old life; the family is essentially ruined.
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:49 pm

The prosecution faced too many hurdles and didn't have substantial evidence. They were also asking for too much. I'm not to surprised at the verdict. She's not being charged for not reporting her child missing for 31 days though? Hm. I guess I've just been manipulated by the media's opinion on the case but I'm not satisfied with the outcome.

Not to make light of things but Phoenix Wright has taught me not to constantly hate on the defendant because no one really knows the whole story.

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:10 am

chrisb wrote:Not to make light of things but Phoenix Wright has taught me not to constantly hate on the defendant because no one really knows the whole story.

LOL, I was actually playing AA: Investigations when the verdict came out! :sweat
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:23 am

As stated the prosecution did not have enough substantial evidence. A lot of circumstantial sure and assumptions but not a lot of concrete evidence. Not to mention I think they were going for more then they should have. I think the DA should have known better but tried to make an example out of her and the charges filed required a certain level of evidence they could not produce. I half blame the prosecution and DA's office for reaching for the moon and not being realistic. As for my own personal opinions......i do not think she murdered Caylee with premeditation and malice aforethought. In others words 1st degree murder. I'm sorry I just don't believe it. So right there the death penalty should be off the table. From a MD criminal law stand point I'd have argued negligent homicide perhaps or at least involuntary manslaughter maybe. A stated the jury did their job and I have to say given the circumstances they made the right choice. Justice has not really been served and I think Casey should face jail time but again the DA went for the moon and failed. If she goes back to that party lifestyle I think karma, and the community at large, will have something to say about it.

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:31 am

The members of the jury's names have been released... they're probably going to need some protection.

It's pretty stupid that people are upset over a little girl's tragic death, but are willing to bring harm to innocent people.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:24 am

chrisb wrote:The members of the jury's names have been released... they're probably going to need some protection.

It's pretty stupid that people are upset over a little girl's tragic death, but are willing to bring harm to innocent people.

Hello hypocrisy.

Return to “Current Events”