Official Wrestling Thread

Section for all you die hard sports enthusiasts to get together and talk about your favorites teams.
Psycho 101
Promoter

Re: Official Wrestling Thread

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:20 am

Calling it now....Cena goes heel. Jerry will beat the Miz at Elimination Chamber and Cena will win the EC. This sets up a triple threat match at Wrestlemania where the ROck or Alex Riley screw over Cena. Cena tired of being screwed goes heel like Edge did when he went from Smackdown to Raw. Plus Undertaker is coming bacl this monday so I need to figure out who he'd face at Wrestlemania.

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:28 am

Oh boy, just when I didn't think it could get any better than The Rock schooling Cole, now he gets a beer shower and a surprise contract signing as a guest referee from none other than the Texas Rattlesnake!! XD Everyone who loved that as much as I did give me a hell yeah!!

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:47 am

HELL YEAH!

I can't wait for Jerry Lawler to beat the living crap out of that, "and I quote" tool, Michael Cole. I'm also very glad that we may not have to see that annoying Vickie Guerrero anymore. Hasn't she exploited her dead husband long enough just by being on television for the past five years? Sheesh. Also, the Nexus has been hit by the injury bug and hit pretty hard, mainly due to that Stone Cold Steve Austin ripoff Randy Orton. I hope CM Punk gives Orton his comeuppance at WrestleMania! :twisted:
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:14 am

Man Vince is pulling out all the stops to throw every big name he can into this year's Wrestlemania lol. Loved the beer bath myself hehe. Though the night was ruined some by Vickie. Though next week we get some Stratisfaction so that will be nice. Wanna bet somehow Trish and Vickie/Dolph have a Mania match with Trish having a partner lol? I bet on Morrison.

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Psycho 101 wrote:Man Vince is pulling out all the stops to throw every big name he can into this year's Wrestlemania lol.

Funny, I was beginning to think the same thing, heh heh. It sure is going to be epic, that's for sure. Although I wonder exactly what that says about the superstars of our generation that they have to go back and pull out all the big ones from the past to make it interesting......

I kind of think you have a point about Vikie as well. I don't think she'll get fired next week, they'll find some sort of way around it I'm sure. Maybe they'll take care of her for good at Wrestlemania or something.

Also being highly amused by this back and forth exchange of words from Cena and The Rock, heh heh. I don't think we're going to see either one of them go heel. I think they're just giving us the opportunity to sit back and watch to of the most whitty, clever superstars in WWE history go at. If anything I think they're going to team up on Miz in the end to get that championship out of his hands.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:42 am

Now we got Stone Cold as the guest ref for Cole and King's match. Who's next lol? Trish Stratus?

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:10 am

^Unfortunately.

Psycho 101 wrote:The question is why is that dumb bitch popular at all? Can't answer it. I can tell you where the beach is though. Where you should bury her head.

Seriously though......why would anyone watch her?

If that's the case, then you might not want to watch Raw this Monday. :lol:
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:01 am

God that trash bag is gonna be at Wrestlemania now. Uggh. And topping the list of old stars we got Rock, Stone Cold, and now Trish. Vince is bringing everyone back it seems for this Mania.

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:28 am

Now we definitely got a Situation on our hands now lol. I'm also guessing you really didn't care for Angelina Pivarnick on TNA iMPACT! last Thursday, either. Personally, my thoughts on this whole thing sums up to GTL FTW! :D

Soul Tsukino
Tech Staff

Postby Soul Tsukino » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:52 am

My Wrestlemania predictions:

WWE Title: John Cena V/S The Miz: I think the result here isn't much in doubt. The crux of the thing will be if the crowd still Boos Cena if he's against Miz. Honestly I don't have a lot of hope for this being a good match. Miz can't really carry Cena and Cena's big matches almost always are him getting beaten up for 3/4 of the match. The ending probably sees Cena winning but getting beat down from Miz and Reiley and the Rock making the save for the big hug and pose session to close the show.

World Title: Edge V/S Alberto Del Rio: Again, if Del Rio doesn't win the title I would be very surprised. However I don't see him winning on interference. Expect Christian to take out Ricardo part way through the match. Uusually the WWE doesn't like to end their world title matches with lots of interference at Mania so expect Del Rio to cheat to win, but do his own cheating.

No Holds Barred: Triple H V/S Undertaker: Match of the night right here. I don't think it will be better than Taker/Shawn 1 but it will be the best of this show. As for the ending. I don't think Trips ends the streak. Of all people Triple H knows what the streak means so I don't think he wanted to end it. Not only that but since Trips didn't put anything on the line one would think he won't win.

US Title: Seamus V/S Daniel Bryan I could see this match going on first or second on the show. This will be a classic power V/S Technical match so the story of the match will write itself. As for the winner I think Seamus wins it and Bryan starts getting depushed as a result.

CM Punk V/S Randy Orton: This one will be good as well. This match doesn't have a clear cut winner going in and could go either way so I'm going on a limb and saying CM Punk squeeks by with something diabolical

Rey Mysterio V/S Cody Rhodes: A match where I'm just as interested in what each guy will wear as much as the match itself. With Cody's change of gimmick and Rey's history of Mania outfits both are going to be interesting. As for the match itself. Cody will probably go for the mask during the match and probably that will play into the finish, however as opossed to the "Pull the mask off and pin Rey" finish that's been done a bazillion times, I think it will distract Cody and Rey pins him.

Jerry Lawler V/S Michael Cole: Expect a lot of outside interference in this one. Lots of outside stuff to cover up who these two guys are. The way this has gone if Lawler doesn't win it will be a colossal disaster. Since the Divas don't really have a match and the story of Cole slamming the Divas expect them to show up as well. So expect Austin to Stun Swagger, Stun Cole and lead to Cole getting pinned and dissapearing from RAW for a while before coming back as the anonymous GM.

John Morrison/Trish Stratus/Snooki V/S Dolph Ziggler/Laycool: Probably the Death Spot match between the bigger matches so don't expect this to go long. Snooki probably smack Vicky or something along those lines and Morrison gets the win for his team.

Big Show/Kane/Santino/Kozlov V/S Corre: Another match that will be short. I think Corre wins when Kane turns on either Show or Santino and Zeke gets the pin.

Pre Show Battle Royal: With no MiTB match the winner is a toss up however it really never matters anyway

All and All I think it will be entertaining but won't be the over all blow away show that has huge historical impact beyond clips of Taker/HHH and Rock/Cena clips in Wrestlemania historical packages.
The Sailor sun Fan fic Collective
http://www.soultsukino.info
Celebrating 10 years of the Series

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:11 am

I guess I'll give my predictions for WrestleMania XXVII:

Santino Marella, Vladimir Kozlov, Kane, and The Big Show vs. The Corre - With this match, we have yet another WrestleMania with neither the Intercontinental nor the Tag Team titles being defended, but that's another gripe for another day. I am a little partial to The Corre since three of the four members were originally members of The Nexus so it's only natural for me to pick them to win the match.

John Morrison, Trish Stratus, and Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler and Laycool - History is definitely on Snooki's side when it comes to celebrities wrestling in matches at WrestleMania. Not counting battle royals, celebrities/athletes from other sports are undefeated in WrestleMania matches and it's basically a guarantee that she'll win her match since she has the most overrated diva in WWE history as one of her tag team partners.

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole - If it wasn't for me wanting to see Jerry Lawler beat the living crap out of Michael Cole, this would probably be a match where I can get up, take a piss, buy some food and some Nexus merchandise, come back and not miss a thing. By the way, Lawler wins this one with some help from "STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!" Also, please give me Orton vs. Austin at WM28!

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes - You mean to tell me Rey Mysterio is back for another WrestleMania? I think I said this last year, but to reiterate, if Eddie Guerrero was still alive, Rey Mysterio would just be an afterthought in the WWE. My prediction: Rhodes wins and unmasks Mysterio. I also have another prediction: at some point in the match, every child in attendance will chant "619" so loudly that if I were at attendance at that WrestleMania, I would probably lose the ability to hear for about a week.

CM Punk vs. Randy Orton - Where do I begin with this one? Being the diehard Nexus fan that I am, I'm kinda disappointed that Orton had to punt all of them in the skull but Punk made sure he wouldn't be punting anybody at WrestleMania so I guess it all evens out. I have a horrible feeling that the Nexus will return and overthrow Punk as leader of the Nexus, but I still pick him to win the match. Did I mention that Orton vs. Austin would be one hell of a match at next year's WrestleMania?

WWE United States Championship: Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan - This should be a good match here. Daniel Bryan is a good technical wrestler, but I think that Sheamus will come out on top in this one.

World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio vs. Edge - If Del Rio wins the title, I will be shocked. Hell, I was shocked when he actually won the Royal Rumble match. I don't see him winning the title because I don't think he's ready to be a world champion at this point in his WWE career. Edge will retain the title in a close match.

WWE Championship: The Miz vs. John Cena - How can I put this? The Miz will be in control for most of the match. At some point, all the children and women will chant, "Let's go, Cena!" while all the adult males will chant, "Cena sucks!" Cena wins yet another world championship and The Rock will take that WWE Championship that Cena just won, shine it up real nice, turn that sumbitch sideways, and stick it straight up his candyass! That should more than make up for yet another predictable John Cena match.

The Undertaker vs. Triple H - I save the best for last because this will be one the people pay to see. Obviously it will be the match of the night which will last close to half a hour but in the end, The Undertaker will extend his WrestleMania winning streak to 19-0, something the 2007 New England Patriots weren't able to do.

So, that's my take on what I think will happen at Wrestle-- no, SportsEntertainia XXVII. I swear, Vince McMahon and WWE's marketing team are on something.

Soul Tsukino
Tech Staff

Postby Soul Tsukino » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:17 am

Wow. Not exactly batting 1.00 with those predictions am I?

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:16 am

I didn't do a whole lot better in my picks either; I barely got over .500 on mine. I'm still looking to top my performance at WrestleMania XIV where I got all but one pick correct, which was the last match.

Soul Tsukino
Tech Staff

Postby Soul Tsukino » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:28 am

I laud them for trying not to be predicable. However the show itself didn't seem to be up to a Wrestlemania standard and felt more like a 3 hour RAW. Whatever creative was going for in this event, it doesn't click, IMHO. However they did have some really good matches so it was hardly a dud by any means.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:44 am

Soul Tsukino wrote:I laud them for trying not to be predicable. However the show itself didn't seem to be up to a Wrestlemania standard and felt more like a 3 hour RAW. Whatever creative was going for in this event, it doesn't click, IMHO. However they did have some really good matches so it was hardly a dud by any means.

I couldn't order it as Crista's parents were in town but after reading reviews of matches at Wrestlezone.com I would concur. A long extended Raw episode. I didn't post my predictions but I was actually batting a good 90% with predictions. I was only wrong on 1. I knew Edge would win. Knew Brodus and Christian would be out there and take each other out. I wonder though now that Mania is over if they'll have Edge lose it and then bring back him and Christian as a tag team primarily. The tag team market is very weak at WWE right now. So I can see that happening. Knew Orton would win. The Corre losing was a no brainer with a 4 on 4. If it was just tag team I'd put money on them. Knew Morrison and Trish would win. I mean 1. It's Trish....no way they'd bring her back and have her lose. Plus with Snooki as the guest in their group also made it a no brainer. I knew Lawler would win and wondered if it would be over turned. I mean 1. The Raw Gm did that to Cena when he was a ref recently and 2. No way they'd end the Cole being a heel thing over night. Glad he got his ass kicked though. I knew Undertaker would win. Triple HHH is focusing more on the business now as the son in law. Got an office at WWE HQ and everything now. Plus 2 young girls with Steph. So I saw this as his way of bowing out for the most part. Same as Shawn. Plus I personally think Taker will go 20-0 and then retire. I mean 20-0.....that will be a milestone NO ONE will EVER beat. 18-1 or 19-1 just seem too.....wrong for lack of better word. I bet money he goes 20-0 and then retires. Unless he pisses Vince off in the next year. Pissed off after coming back they totally ignored the fued with Kane he had before the buried alive match. As for Cena and Miz I KNEW Rock would screw Cena. I mean common.....he gives Rock an AA from behind on Raw and given their fued lately....and how much they've pumped Miz as the Champ...you had to know Rock would screw Cena. I think Cena is being turned into a heel. I mean he's been screwed time after time after time lately anytime he gets near the belt. I think he's gonna be turned into a heel. Especially given the big news of the match with him and Rock next year. I could see Cena go heel and Rock lecture him on it or something. Either way I knew Cena would get screwed with the belt yet again.

The one I was wrong about was Cody and Rey. I figured with Rey being one of the constant biggest names and draws they'd have him win. Plus given the whole mask thing that's a touchy subject. They did that once with him and CM Punk here already and this is like a rehash of it. Plus when they did it in WCW and removed his mask it did not sit well with Ray from interviews and articles I've read.

I was betting this new Sin Cara guy would go to Smackdown myself. I mean a tag team of him and Ray would be AMAZING!!!! Though I think I know why he's on Raw. Apparently WWE is doing a big world tour again including a long stay in Mexico as it's big there now. Raw and Smackdown on are competing broadcast stations in Mexico apparently. SO if ya had all the "Mexican" wrestlers on Smackdown then the other station with Raw wouldn't have any local favorites. After it though......who knows.

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:11 am

Tonight was a mixed bag on Raw; Edge announced his retirement. I basically followed Edge's career in the WWE since day one. Since I had been following wrestling, I really can't quite remember a time that Edge wasn't in the company, so it's going to be hard to think of him as gone for quite some time. But anyway, on the positive side of things, Nexus is back and they got some payback on Orton for punting them in the skull! :twisted: It was also good to see J.R. calling matches again and Brie Bella is the new Divas Champion. I almost forgot, Sin Cara was awesome in his in-ring debut!

On Tough Enough, I got a few laughs out of this week's episode and I wasn't laughing at the fact that the contestants had to be chased by police dogs, nor did I get any laughs out of Bill DeMott's grunting during another one of the challenges, even though I was close. The laughs came during the end of the episode when Stone Cold was talking to Rima, Matt, and Ryan "Skidmarks", who were the bottom three this week. Stone Cold got onto Rima for being late, Ryan for some dumb crap he did, and Matt for being in the independent circuit for nine years and not standing out from the crowd because of his tendency of "playing it safe". Not even two seconds after Stone Cold finished his tirade, Matt procedes to make Stone Cold's point FOR HIM! It was that facepalming action that resulted in Matt getting the boot.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:15 am

Honestly...I'm surprised Edge has lasted this long truth be told. I love Edge and he has always been one of my favorites. Back in the Edge/Christian vs Hardy Brother days to The Brood days, until now. And yes, even when he wa s"married' to Vickie. Always loved him and he always entertained as well as was a good wrestler in ring. I gotta say though, if I were in his place I'd leave too. Keep going when you're getting a bit long in the tooth and face being in a wheel chair possibly for the rest of your life (or worse), or bow out while on top? Easy choice for me. In his place I'd love the WWE and the fans and not want to leave....but I'd love being able to walk, talk, and chew my own food even more. I think he deserves every bit of respect and admiration that Shawn Michaels got last year. He needs to be another 1st year inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame just like Shawn was this year.

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:23 am

Christian won a 20 man battle royal on SmackDown last Friday. He'll win the title at Extreme Rules. About time WWE put a world championship on him.

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:11 am

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1171571p1.html

Really? You mean to tell me that the folks at THQ couldn't think of something creative to rename the Smackdown vs. Raw series? REALLY? REALLY!? Really?

Soul Tsukino
Tech Staff

Postby Soul Tsukino » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:23 am

I loved the press release they did for the game basically crapping all over the brand split and saying they too think there isn't much of a split anymore.

Return to “Sports”