Official Wrestling Thread

Section for all you die hard sports enthusiasts to get together and talk about your favorites teams.
freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Re: Official Wrestling Thread

Postby freezespell » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:29 am

Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:07 pm

freezespell wrote:It would be nice to see them come back so we won't have to see the same damn main event over and over again but I would expect to see some sign of The Undertaker this Sunday at SummerSlam. I'm also predicting that CM Punk will beat Jeff Hardy to regain the World Heavyweight Championship.

Oh curse not having My TV Network..... Much like with H.B.K. I haven't heard anything pertaining to The Undertaker since Wrestlemainia, but I had no idea he had been out of action for so long..... Sure would be awesome to see him back again as well. Now if I just had access to Smackdown so I actually COULD see him back again.... ;_;

You're probably right about Punk winning the World Championship back though. Which is a shame, because I'd much rather see it in Jeff Hardy's hands. Even though I haven't gotten much of a chance to see him in action I've really, really loved what I have been able to see from him, enough to probably be amongst one of my favorites.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:10 am

Did I call it or what? At Summerslam guess who literally pops up out of the ground? The Undertaker. So nice to have him back.

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:43 am

freezespell wrote:Unfortunately, we won't be seeing any of Edge at least until WrestleMania or, at the earliest, the Royal Rumble because of a torn achilles tendon. Those kinds of injuries are possible career enders, kinda like the back injury that almost ended HBK's career back in '98. At least we have that headhunter Randy Orton to boo and get bored with until Edge gets back.

Did I call that one or what? :twisted:
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:34 am

Yes, yes you did. I was hoping though honestly instead of focusing on Shaemus he'd kick the Miz's ass. God the Miz is annoying.. Even for a heel. "I'm the Miz!!!!! And I'm RETARDED!!!!" That's what he should say. :twisted:

Soul Tsukino
Tech Staff

Postby Soul Tsukino » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:33 am

The rumble match this year was interesting. I call it the efficiantcy rumble. At no point were there more then five guys in the ring. No one really lasted a long time, and by the end the undercard card guys were all gone. To the point without a lot of deawood guys lumbering around the ring for 20 minutes. It has it's good points and bad.

What I'M keeping my eyes on is the WWE's next project, WWE NXT. How they are going to set it up and run things intrests me.
The Sailor sun Fan fic Collective
http://www.soultsukino.info
Celebrating 10 years of the Series

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:15 am

Soul Tsukino wrote:What I'M keeping my eyes on is the WWE's next project, WWE NXT. How they are going to set it up and run things intrests me.

This really is the first I have heard of the new project and it's almost a shame that it has to come at the expense of a brand that has become a shell of a shell of a shell of a shell of what it used to be. I could never really get used to that platinum ECW Championship belt anyway. As far as how they're going to run that new WWE NXT, my expectations are not really that high. It'll probably be the same cookie cutter way they present Raw and SmackDown to us.

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:37 am

Psycho 101 wrote:I was hoping though honestly instead of focusing on Shaemus he'd kick the Miz's ass. God the Miz is annoying.. Even for a heel. "I'm the Miz!!!!! And I'm RETARDED!!!!" That's what he should say. :twisted:

Oh yes, I would have loved to see that. I'm just waiting for the day when one of my favorites will come around and whoop that guy. Cena isn't particularly a favorite of mine, and to tell you the honest truth, I actually don't really like MVP all that much. I'd love to see somebody like Edge or Triple H or Undertaker, or possibly even H.B.K. go in and humble the crap out of him.

I gotta hand it to you though freezespell, I actually had your prediction in mind when that happened. ;) That was definitely quite the awesome twist of events, I must say.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:25 am

Now if only Edge would bring back Lita with him........

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:21 am

I would watch religiously if Lita came back. I still have her picture hanging up on my wall. :D

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:04 pm

Here it is, the end of ECW. I guess with that, here's my official ECW Memorial post.

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to mourn the loss of a brand that had such promise when it first arrived just a few short years ago, but as time went on, it became clear that it would not only become a shell of what came before it, but it would also almost become a mockery of the original. In its short time on the airwaves, it has produced several big names in the wrestling business that have gone on to bigger and better things, but over time, its sole purpose for existing appeared to be nothing more than a feeder brand to Raw and the renamed Smackdown X. Its last ECW Original left the company late last year and it never really recovered after that. For most of its existence, it was ECW in name only. It was like an old person with Alzheimer's. It was there, but it really wasn't. A couple of days ago, it was finally able to die a death it probably should have died a long time ago. When we think of ECW, let's not think of the mockery that was given to us by a senile wrestling promoter who forgot what he was doing a long time ago, but rather, let's think of the original ECW that had us yelling creative chants such as, "This is Bullshit!", "You Both Suck!", "You're a Crackwhore!", "Change the Channel!", and one of my personal favorites, "Show Your Tits!" :lol: Goodbye, ECW, even though the REAL ECW died nine years ago and also, tune in to WWE NXT this Tuesday night at ECW's old time slot on Syfy.

ECW
June 13, 2006
February 16, 2010

This... was not extreme!

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Tue May 18, 2010 11:48 pm

Did you guys watch Raw last night? Bret Hart won the U.S. Title!!! :D I thought that was very awesome!!! (Pun may be intended!) ;)

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:00 pm

I guess I better revive this thread and give my thoughts on what has happened in wrestling over the past few months:

Kane is the World Heavyweight Champion: This is something that has been long overdue for several years now. I mean, he is definitely world champion material and should have been champion years ago and had more runs with the title. Now if only they can get around to putting the belt on Christian one of these days...

Hulk Hogan is a heel in TNA: Saw it 15 years ago back in WCW and the first time was better. Too bad it came at the expense of Kurt Angle's career. He was one of my favorites.

The Nexus: I will go on record and say that this is the best WWE storyline they have crapped out in the last 5-10 years. Now that John Cena is a reluctant member of the group, it just makes it even better. :twisted: I have never been this enthusiastic about cheering for a heel stable since the nWo.

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:21 am

freezespell wrote:Kane is the World Heavyweight Champion: This is something that has been long overdue for several years now. I mean, he is definitely world champion material and should have been champion years ago and had more runs with the title. Now if only they can get around to putting the belt on Christian one of these days...

Agreed in both Kane's and Christian's cases. That's why I'm especially disappointed that Christian didn't win Money in the Bank this year at Wrestlemania, as interesting as it was to have Swagger pull off the shocker. One of these years I'm telling you......

The Nexus: I will go on record and say that this is the best WWE storyline they have crapped out in the last 5-10 years. Now that John Cena is a reluctant member of the group, it just makes it even better. :twisted: I have never been this enthusiastic about cheering for a heel stable since the nWo.

I've got to say, ever since that brutally fierce Orton/Tripple H rivalry that got me into the WWE in the first place a couple of years ago things have been really quite uninteresting until now. The whole thing with Shawn Michaels' obsession with beating Undertaker and his eventual retirement was a good watch but Nexus really does have me every bit as excited to watch RAW now as I used to be again. As does the annonymous general manager thing as well actually. It's been really fun trying to figure out who he/she is and every week I keep wondering how much closer we are to unveiling his/her identity.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:25 am

I thought the Orton/Cena rivalry was just as good too. Better then that crap with Batista. He's a great heel but they made him into a whiny bitch. Not an "animal" like in the past. Have to say as a long time Taker fan I am LOVING having Paul Bearer back heh. I read a "where are they now' article on him at WWE.com and the WWE paid for gastric bypass for him as a way to get him back. He saves it saved his life. He looks so normal without the dyed hair and "creepy" look heh.

I am enjoying the Nexus bit as well but you know it will end. Sooner or later they will have Cena win as he is the face and heart of the WWE now. They're going for a more PG rating now and Cena fits that. Though I do miss my dear Stone Cold and the PG-13 atmosphere heh. Honestly I want the Raw manager thing to just end. Just announce it's Shawn Michaels and get it over with. I know it's him. I'll bet money.

As far as TNA....half that roster almost needs to retire. I loved them both but 2 prime examples are Hulk and Flair. Just let it go. Am upset Mickie James went over there and left WWE. Was one of the few Divas I liked on WWE. Now I'm left with Natalya and Eve. Liking Eve less now that she's R.Truth's token dance hoe.

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:27 pm

Psycho 101 wrote:I thought the Orton/Cena rivalry was just as good too. Better then that crap with Batista. He's a great heel but they made him into a whiny bitch. Not an "animal" like in the past.

Yeah, the Orton/Cena rivalry was great, but the Orton/Tripple H rivalry had so much intense storyline behind it that it really kept me watching week in and week out. That and I got too much of a kick out of The Game chasing him down with a sledgehammer all throughout the locker room and even his own home, heh heh heh. You're absolutely right about Batista though. Undoubtedly my least favorite thing they've ever done with this show as far as I've been watching. Batista used to be one of my favorites because he was just that cool and then he had to go out in the awful way he did. Such a shame, really.

I am enjoying the Nexus bit as well but you know it will end. Sooner or later they will have Cena win as he is the face and heart of the WWE now. They're going for a more PG rating now and Cena fits that. Though I do miss my dear Stone Cold and the PG-13 atmosphere heh. Honestly I want the Raw manager thing to just end. Just announce it's Shawn Michaels and get it over with. I know it's him. I'll bet money.

That's been my initial thought as well, but he's also alluded to it possibly being Stone Cold as well with his "Give me a hell yeah!" bit. Plus that and for all the reasons it could be Shawn Michaels I believe it could just as easily be Tripple H making a comeback from his "injury" as well. As for the Nexus, yeah, it's one of those situations where I figure Cena will undoubtedly come out in the end. I just think he's in a situation right now where you really have to wonder exactly how the heck he's going to do it as well, because he's really backed in a nasty corner here.

As far as TNA....half that roster almost needs to retire. I loved them both but 2 prime examples are Hulk and Flair. Just let it go. Am upset Mickie James went over there and left WWE. Was one of the few Divas I liked on WWE. Now I'm left with Natalya and Eve. Liking Eve less now that she's R.Truth's token dance hoe.

Mickie James is on TNA now!? Really!? Sad day! Her and Beth Phoenix were pretty much the only reasons for not changing the channel whenever the divas came on at one point! Speaking of which, I wonder what ever happened to the Glamazon. Her and Mickie were just cool, cool divas.

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Yeah, she was the guest referee in that fatal 4 way match for the TNA Knockout Championship at Bound for Glory.

BrothersElric wrote:Yeah, the Orton/Cena rivalry was great, but the Orton/Tripple H rivalry had so much intense storyline behind it that it really kept me watching week in and week out. That and I got too much of a kick out of The Game chasing him down with a sledgehammer all throughout the locker room and even his own home, heh heh heh.

Does this look familiar?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uiKQW0ply0[/youtube]

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:10 am

^Yeah, somehow Tripple H's sledgehammer all of a sudden looks pretty underwhelming compared to that, heh heh. Yet another reason to make me wish I had been on the bandwagon during the good 'ol days of the attitude era.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:51 am

THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO THE MONDAY NIGHT RAW!!!!

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Psycho 101 wrote:THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO THE MONDAY NIGHT RAW!!!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who got a kick out of watching him smack Michael Cole around like his little ho, heh heh. This show, heck, this whole company has been seriously in dire need of a real badass like The Rock lately. It seems like all of it's greatest ones have just up and left on the drop of a dime over the past year or so and it's been kind of dull without them. Plus that and he's one of the main superstars I really wish I had been into the WWE back in it's heyday to have gotten the chance to watch.

Return to “Sports”