Official Wrestling Thread

Section for all you die hard sports enthusiasts to get together and talk about your favorites teams.
Psycho 101
Promoter

Official Wrestling Thread

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:54 am

Ok I know Emerje and Soul will be posting here often lol. So this is for all kinds of wrestling be it competition or entertainment. Now speaking of entertainment since I know you watched Raw on Monday Emerje who do you thin Triple H was calling? Sean Michaels or X-Pac? Plus did you actually think Cena was gonna beat Miz? I was susprised personally but glad to see it. God Miz is annoying.

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Re: Official Wrestling Thread

Postby freezespell » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:08 am

I knew John Cena was going to beat The Miz for some odd reason that I can't think of. I guess we'll be seeing Miz on ECW pretty soon. On a somewhat related note, whenever John Cena says, "You can't see me", he's right, I can't see him; his wrestling and his movies suck so bad I wouldn't want to see him. :P It's also getting old watching Rey Mysterio beating guys over 100 pounds heavier than him, too.

As far as Triple H's phone call, it had to have been Shawn Michaels on the other line. X-Pac isn't really someone that newer wrestling fans will even know was in DX unless they looked it up first. Hell, he hasn't been with WWE since 2002, a good while after the Attitude Era ended.
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:55 pm

Nahhhh either one of the managers of the week will come and re-instate Miz or he'll go to Smackdown. He just looks annoying. Something about him just...irritates me. His face...yea that's it.

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:46 am

Ha ha ha! Thumbs up for making this thread, that's all I've got to say about that. 8-)

But yeah, I'd love for Tripple H's call to have been for Shawn Michaels. I've really been missing seeing him in action ever since he lost to The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. I'd also love to see him add a third member to that team. John Cena perhaps? I guess we'll just have to see.

It's also getting old watching Rey Mysterio beating guys over 100 pounds heavier than him, too.

Oh dude come on! I can't get enough of Rey Mysterio doing that all the time, it's really quite the sight to see! XD But then again I have only been following the WWE since like, January, so that's probably why.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:49 am

Well for the rest of us who have been watching him do the same thing since his WCW days it is old. What annoyed me was the whole big deal about his mask with Jericho since at the end of WCW he did wrestle without it. He was unmasked for a while.

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:58 am

Huh, yeah, I didn't know about that. And I don't have the network that airs Smackdown nor do I actually watch any of the pay-per-view events, so I didn't really know all that much about it outside of what you hear about it on Raw.

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:04 am

There's no MyNetwork TV affiliate where you live? I could have sworn every market had one. Well, if you have WGN America, you can watch some of the SmackDown guys on WWE Superstars every Thursday night. Maybe you'll see Rey Mysterio get wins over the likes of Mike Knox, Ezekiel Jackson (coughAhmedJohnsonripoffcough), and if the stars align together, Mark Henry. You say you've been keeping up with wrestling since January? I've been watching since late 1997. Me and Psycho definitely have a few years on us in the department.

Can't wait for this Monday night on Raw. I predict a boot camp match since Sgt. Slaughter will be the guest host. :D
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Zin5ki

Postby Zin5ki » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:56 pm

freezespell wrote:I predict a boot camp match since Sgt. Slaughter will be the guest host. :D

The chap can still cut the odd promo, I presume.

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:59 am

freezespell wrote:There's no MyNetwork TV affiliate where you live? I could have sworn every market had one. Well, if you have WGN America, you can watch some of the SmackDown guys on WWE Superstars every Thursday night. Maybe you'll see Rey Mysterio get wins over the likes of Mike Knox, Ezekiel Jackson (coughAhmedJohnsonripoffcough), and if the stars align together, Mark Henry. You say you've been keeping up with wrestling since January? I've been watching since late 1997. Me and Psycho definitely have a few years on us in the department.

Oh yes, that you do. I really am kind of a WWE noob, that's for sure. ^_^' But I love it all the same nonetheless.

Unfortunately though, I don't have either one of those networks, so all I've got are Raw and if I can ever get into my parent's room to watch it, ECW...... I'd love to see Mysterio take on Mark Henry though. Last time we saw him take on someone like that Big Show just wasted him all over the place. Yeah, that wasn't too pretty.........

Zin5ki

Postby Zin5ki » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:16 pm

BrothersElric wrote:I'd love to see Mysterio take on Mark Henry though. Last time we saw him take on someone like that Big Show just wasted him all over the place. Yeah, that wasn't too pretty.........

Unless a cheap ending was used, it'd be difficult to work a good match between Mysterio and a giant such that the former would come out the victor. Then again, cheap endings and no-contests were the status quo when last I saw a televised card.

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:45 pm

Yawn. HHH was calling Shawn. You'd think they hadn't wrestled together for 10 years the way they keep doing these mini reunions.

Miz is back already, that didn't take long.

Slaughter was all kinds of awesome (even if he did botch a lot of lines).

Swagger is growing on me as good heal. I don't really care for his cocky attitude, but I do like his unorthodox aggressive style, especially when he threw Bourne into the ring post upside down. Have to give credit to Bourne for being able to take something like that.

I'm neither a Cena fan nor an Orton fan, but the double teem on Jericho with the tandem finish was kinda cool.

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:25 pm

Sgt. Slaughter as the guest host this week was pretty funny, especially when we all thought that Bret Hart was finally going to be inside of a WWE arena for the first time in 12 years. But then, Hacksaw Jim Duggan showed up and a good laugh was had by all Americans watching Raw that evening. :lol:

Shawn Michaels as a chef was pretty cool especially when he superkicked both his boss and a little girl who was downright annoying! That was the highlight of the show.

I've been a big MVP fan since day one. I'm really looking forward to what could happen with him and "The All American American" Jack Swagger at SummerFest, i mean SummerSLAM! Stupid Jeremy Piven and that Asian guy also grated on my nerves as well. :evil:

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:39 am

Yeah, him kicking that boss and his daughter was just great! XD That whole segment was a real hoot in fact. Can't wait to finally see H.B.K. back in the ring again, I really have been missing seeing him in there.

Emerje wrote:Swagger is growing on me as good heal. I don't really care for his cocky attitude, but I do like his unorthodox aggressive style, especially when he threw Bourne into the ring post upside down. Have to give credit to Bourne for being able to take something like that.

I gotta say I agree. Kinda sucks he's gotta have the attitude he does but I'm actually kind of enjoying watching him wrestle the way he does. I guess you could add him along the ranks of Randy Orton and Edge as guys who I don't like their attitudes yet I love to watch them wrestle.

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:57 am

Unfortunately, we won't be seeing any of Edge at least until WrestleMania or, at the earliest, the Royal Rumble because of a torn achilles tendon. Those kinds of injuries are possible career enders, kinda like the back injury that almost ended HBK's career back in '98. At least we have that headhunter Randy Orton to boo and get bored with until Edge gets back.

Zin5ki

Postby Zin5ki » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:15 pm

freezespell wrote:At least we have that headhunter Randy Orton to boo and get bored with until Edge gets back.

Mandatory image post:

BrothersElric

Postby BrothersElric » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:46 pm

freezespell wrote:Unfortunately, we won't be seeing any of Edge at least until WrestleMania or, at the earliest, the Royal Rumble because of a torn achilles tendon. Those kinds of injuries are possible career enders, kinda like the back injury that almost ended HBK's career back in '98. At least we have that headhunter Randy Orton to boo and get bored with until Edge gets back.

Yeah I know, that sucked bigtime when that happened. I was really looking forward to what him and Jericho could do together, even if the amount of unlikeable ego there was just a bit overwhelming..... I'd like to think he'd be back sooner than what you say but it's probably very likely that he won't.

LOL at the Orton headlock image though! XD

Soul Tsukino
Tech Staff

Postby Soul Tsukino » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:06 am

I have to admit, at least the wrestling on this past RAW was actually really decent stuff. And limited time of Mr. buffy made it all the better.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:42 am

I'm just waiting for Batista or the Undertaker to come back.

freezespell

Postby freezespell » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:25 am

It would be nice to see them come back so we won't have to see the same damn main event over and over again but I would expect to see some sign of The Undertaker this Sunday at SummerSlam. I'm also predicting that CM Punk will beat Jeff Hardy to regain the World Heavyweight Championship. Also, anyone hear about what happened to Kurt Angle?

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:07 am

He was wrestling on TNA Impact last I checked.

Return to “Sports”