Official NFL Thread - 2014-2015 Season

Section for all you die hard sports enthusiasts to get together and talk about your favorites teams.
Sentire

Official NFL Thread - 2014-2015 Season

Postby Sentire » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:49 am

So, Peeps... It's that time of year again! WOOT!

Glad to see football is back, which means Hockey is next... get the adrenaline flowing! :D

Too bad the beginning of this season is marred by Bozo Rice. Yet, I don't want this thread to turn in a discussion of him.

Let's turn the topic to the Beautiful Buffalo Bills! (Tom likes this idea, I'm sure.) GO BILLS! We rocked it... you know it. Okay, so I got a little excited with their first game being a win. Still, I'm not a complete fool. I know it's going to be a long haul for the Bills. I'm feeling more hope this season than last, though. Plus, the wonderful news that they are staying in Buffalo, having been purchased by the same owner of the Buffalo Sabres, Terry Pegula.

So, how are you feeling about your team this year? And was the first game what you expected?

Sentire

Re: Official NFL Thread - 2014-2015 Season

Postby Sentire » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:27 pm

We have a very happy household today. Washington and Buffalo were big winners! So were the Patriots, but I'll ignore that for now. Very happy with the performance by both our teams, but RG's injury is frustrating. I feel for this young athlete.

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:02 pm

Yikes, Atlanta really spanked the Buccaneer's. Good thing I didn't watch that game. I would have felt embarrassed for the Bucks.

Unfortunately, Buffalo's not looking too good right now. About to lose to the Chargers.

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:00 am

I see that the Bills are back in the "W" column, albeit in a somewhat dramatic fashion, thanks to field goal with 4 seconds left in the game. Not so lucky were the Ravens who lost to the former Baltimore franchise. There's a touch of irony in that one if you ask me...

I shared a photo which I found on Lydia's timeline on FB that had the caption "Afraid of catching Ebola? Go to Cowboys Stadium. No one catches anything there."(sic) with a friend. Couldn't resist. He's a Cowboys fan.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:35 am

Ha! Very clever - that is quite funny what you posted about the Cowboys. I have a burning desire for them to lose. With the Cowboys you either really LOVE them or hate them. As everyone may know, there is no love lost between the Cowboys and the Bills.

Buffalo is going to have a hard time tomorrow against the Patriots, even with it being a home game. I'm hoping it is a nail-biter rather than a slaughter, unless the Bills are holding the hatchet. :)

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:06 am

Sentire wrote:Ha! Very clever - that is quite funny what you posted about the Cowboys. I have a burning desire for them to lose.
Well, right now they're not obliging you. People are starting to wonder if they're for real after their latest upset win over the Seahawks. We'll see how things look around Thanksgiving eh.

Sorry to see that the Bills lost their first game under their new owners. Giving up 13 points on three turnovers in one quarter...that's not going to win them ball games.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie

Return to “Sports”