Wrestlemania 29 picks!

Section for all you die hard sports enthusiasts to get together and talk about your favorites teams.
Soul Tsukino
Tech Staff

Wrestlemania 29 picks!

Postby Soul Tsukino » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:49 pm

That time of year again!

WWE Title: Rock V/S John Cena: The outcome seems almost like a forgone conclusion in that Cena wins the belt. Anything else and it would only work if Cena was turning heel and they aren't going to do that. It's obvious the WWE doesn't care if he gets booed out of the building (which he will) but it wouldn't make much sense to have Rock win again.

World Title: Jack Swagger V/S ADR: The world Title has been treated as such a joke on Wrestlemania the last couple of years so while this match will be a decent match, it will be largely a forgettable match, possibly the opener. Expect some cheating but I see Swagger winning the belt and hopefully getting some credibility he's lost over the years.

No Holds Barred: Brock Lesnar V/S Tiple H: This will be the wild brawl of the night. Honestly I could see this going either way with the stipulation. If Brock wins then they'd probably shoot for Brock V/S Cena for the title down the line, or they could have Trips finally win over the big man. Complete toss up but I'll go with Triple H winning.

Undertaker V/S CM Punk: as sean has said Honestly if it wasn't for Paul Bearer passing away this match wouldn't have nearly as good a build as it has. The wonder of these matches is you go in thinking that the Taker won't lose, but when the match gets going you begin to doubt yourself and wonder if they are going to end the streak. Expect a lot of submission style wrestling here. I think Taker wins again but it will have some awesome moments involved.

WWE Tag Titles: Dolph Ziggler/Big E V/S Team Hell No: I can see this as just being a set up for Ziggler to cash in the money in the bank and walking away with a belt. Barring that Ziggles needs a win desperately even if him as a tag champion makes no sense.

Brodus/Sweet T/Funkadactyls V/S Rhodes Scholars/Bellas: Expect it to be quick. With a 10 match card a match like this will probably get a death slot and no take very long. Rhodes Scholars win.

Shield V/S Orton/Seamus/Show: Don't expect this to go very long either. Normally I'd say Shield wins and Show blames one of the other guys for the loss, but he's already feuded with both guys so that wouldn't accomplish anything. Expect the Shield guys to look like stars in this match but it will be something quick and they will lose in the end.

Ryback V/S Henry: yeah. Not gonna be a classic. Ryback wins but the real issue will be if Henry gets injured or not.

Chris Jericho V/S Fandango: What in the world is this doing at Wrestlemania? I would hope Jericho wipes the floor with Twinkle Toes but knowing them, Fandorko wins.

IC Title: Wade Barrett V/S Miz: Sadly this is the match that gets stuck on the preshow. Because of that expect a fast paced one. Both guys can go some the match will be good and its a toss up but I say Miz wins it.
The Sailor sun Fan fic Collective
Celebrating 10 years of the Series

Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Re: Wrestlemania 29 picks!

Postby freezespell » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:43 pm

WrestleMania is tonight! So, I guess I'll give you my picks for the card tonight:

WWE Intercontinental Championship: The Miz vs. Wade Barrett - I don't understand for the life of me how a match for the I-C belt gets relegated to the preshow. Shouldn't it be a part of the main card itself? I mean, matches for that title have stolen the show on more than one occasion at past WrestleManias (examples: Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat at WrestleMania III; Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania X), but this wouldn't be the first time the WWE did something that made absolutely no sense. Anyway, my pick is The Miz to win.

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango - This match belongs in the preshow and that is no knock on Chris Jericho. He is a future Hall of Famer but this feud has had so little buildup and we've never even seen Fandango wrestle a match in the ring. If they even wrestle tonight, I'm going to go with Fandango pulling off an upset in this one.

Ryback vs. Mark Henry - It's a head-on collision. Power vs. Power. Not a lot is expected out of this matchup, but I actually enjoy seeing a match between two big men and I don't think this match will disappoint. Ryback will get the win when he Shellshocks Mark Henry in yet another display of strength.

Randy Orton, Sheamus, and The Big Show vs. The Shield - I really expected big things out of The Shield since they debuted at Survivor Series last year. In a way, I expected them to be the second coming of The Nexus, but I've kinda been disappointed by them. Despite that, I am picking them to win tonight, but I also think there will be a little bit of controversy surrounding that win.

Brodus Clay, Tensai, and The Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins - I believe it's been a while since we've seen a mixed tag team match at a WrestleMania. The last time I watched a WrestleMania broadcast, a mixed tag team match was on the card. It was WrestleMania XIV and it was Marc Mero and Sable vs. Goldust and Luna Vachon. I think he was The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust during that time. What this has to do with the match, I have no idea, but Team Rhodes
Scholars and The Bellas get the duke in this matchup.

WWE Tag Team Championship: Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston vs. Team Hell No - Team Hell No have had a great run as tag team champions and I think that run will continue as they will retain the belts against Ziggler and Langston, but I don't think this will be the last we see of Ziggler in the night. #HintHint

No Holds Barred Match: Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H - This matchup has had a lot of buildup in the last several months. Lesnar beat Triple H at SummerSlam last year and this is definitely a very anticipated rematch. Come to think of it, this match would have been EPIC ten years ago back when Lesnar was the WWE Champion and Triple H was the World Heavyweight Champion. Fortunately, this dream feud came to reality and I think this will be the end of a classic feud but not the end of Triple H's career as he gets the win over Lesnar.

World Heavyweight Championship: Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio - Over the last few months, I have become a fan of Jack Swagger and his manager Zeb Colter. We kinda share similar views on this country. I mean, we are a little bit on the conservative side. I actually agree with what the two of them have to say about our country, but I don't think Swagger will win the title tonight and in the first of my 3 bold predictions, Ziggler will finally cash in his Money in the Bank contract and become the new World Heavyweight Champion.

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker - This match in particular I have the most vested interest in, as it features the Best in the World attempting to break a streak that the vast majority of the wrestling world feels in unbreakable. CM Punk has beaten The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship in the past but this is much bigger than any championship match that either of them have been in. What's made the buildup for the match that much more special than any of The Undertaker's recent WrestleMania matches is that Paul Bearer passed away last month, and knowing WWE, real life is sure to write the plot of this story and it's been one of the best stories in recent memory. I really enjoy how CM Punk is willing to do things that just about any other person wouldn't be willing to do just to attempt to throw The Undertaker off his game. And in my 2nd bold prediction, CM Punk will do what Legends like Jimmy Snuka, King Kong Bundy, Jake Roberts, and Ric Flair couldn't do: he will be the one to break The Streak at WrestleMania.

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. The Rock - In 2011, during Cena's 10th reign as WWE Champion, he predicted that his WrestleMania XXVIII match against The Rock would be for the WWE Championship. Well, he was 1 year off on his prediction. You know what, let's get this one out of the way right now: We all know what's going to happen here: John Cena is going to avenge last year's WrestleMania loss to The Rock and win the WWE Championship at this year's WrestleMania. The predictability of the outcome of this match is just ridiculous, but in my 3rd (and boldest) prediction, John Cena will turn heel. It's been 8 years coming, almost 5 since the start of the PG era when Cena really became stale.

Those are my picks for tonight. I hope I get at least half of these right.
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

Return to “Sports”