Official NBA Thread (2012-2013 Season)

Section for all you die hard sports enthusiasts to get together and talk about your favorites teams.
d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Official NBA Thread (2012-2013 Season)

Postby d.yaro » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:01 am

I know there are at least a couple of hoops fans out there so here is this year's thread.

Thought I'd start off with this article about the new arena in Brooklyn: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/nba/story/2012/09/21/sp-nba-brooklyn-nets-arena.html

It's a pretty cool looking entrance eh?

"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

d.yaro
Head Moderator

Re: Official NBA Thread (2012-2013 Season)

Postby d.yaro » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:09 am

...Followed by an approval of a proposal to build a NBA (and NHL) ready arena in Seattle. It will be interesting to see if this move will parlay into a team relocating to Seattle or an expansion franchise. Or it could end up like Copps Arena in Hamilton which was NHL ready when built but no franchise ever arrived there.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/nba/story/2012/09/24/sp-nba-nhl-seattle-city-council-arena-plan-chris-hansen.html

freezespell
Location: Here at Anime Alley, living my dreams through other people AND showing off the mother of my child.

Postby freezespell » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:18 am

It's official: New York is officially the Noah's Ark of professional sports teams. They now have 2 of every team sport in North America. They have the Mets and the Yankees in baseball, the Jets and the Giants in football, the Islanders and Rangers in hockey, and now the Knicks and the Nets in basketball. I wonder if Los Angeles is going to try to keep up with the Joneses and complete the 2 team grand slam like New York has? They already have the Clippers and the Lakers in basketball and the Angels and the Dodgers in baseball. Now all they need is one more hockey team to go with the Kings and another football team to go with USC. I know that USC isn't a pro team, but they churn out NFL players left and right.
Kami-sama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. Sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
"I'm gonna go cash an Over/Under 69 with Jenn Sturger. Laters." -@NFLcommishFAKE
"You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." -Cliff Burton
"Honestly, If I wanted to see King Hippo dance, I'd play Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" -The Miz

Big thanks to Littlewolf for the sig! :D

d.yaro
Head Moderator

Postby d.yaro » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:36 pm

^ I guess the Ducks aren't close enough to be part of an LA pairing of NHL teams eh? After all Anaheim is in a different county isn't it(?).

PS: I'm going to bet that the Raptors will not make the playoffs this year. The last full season was a rebuilding year and last season was utterly forgettable. Not keeping my hopes too high here. After all, they are owned by MLSE.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:46 am

Honestly saying NY has 2 teams for every sport is only half right. Ask anyone, like Crista, from NY STATE and they say NY CITY is not part of NY lol. Most want to annex it to NJ. That little anal wart on the bottom of Ny state drives up everyone else's taxes and imposes laws for the whole state. I challenge you to find a bigger dichotomy of 2 groups of people within a single state then those from NY city and from NY state. Especially upper NY. Personally I say give NY city to Jersey too, or make it it's own principality like DC is. It's also one of the biggest examples in the US of a city where people either love it, or hate it. Very little middle ground on NY city.

Return to “Sports”