Wow 2 years already

The rules can be found here along with the latest forum announcements.
Psycho 101
Promoter

Wow 2 years already

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:21 am

Well the unthinkable has happened, we've managed to hang around for 2 years heh. It was 2 years ago when we were almost all over at the old Fan Forum PG made. The place gets hacked after lingering a slow death from inept and vacant admins/owners. Soul and I get the wild idea to make a new one ourselves and keep the community going. We all became a community at the FF and we didn't want to see that end. So after some discussion and debating this place was born. Now 2 years later here we are still posting. We've had ups and downs here but we're still here. Huzzahhh!!!

After 2 years though we on the staff have decided that we want to expand a bit and get back to being a more active little place like we used to be. We want to inject this place with 5 cc's of rejuvenation! However, we don't want to simply do it ourselves. The whole premise and foundation we made this place on was it's a community and everyone has an equal opinion. So we want your guys input. We want to know what features you would like to see. What ideas do you guys have for improving this place and for spurring more activity. We have some ideas ourselves we're working on but we want to hear from you guys as this place is supposed to be for everyone. One big thing we want to expand on is membership. If you know anyone who you're friends with who likes anime then let us know. If you think they'd fit in here post in the members thread and let us know. By now you all should know what kind of people would or would not fit in here. We also would love to get current members active again so if any of you know any inactive members here please drop them a line and see if they'd want to be active/somewhat active again. All in all we're very happy on the staff hand we hope you're all happy to to have been a part of this place for the last 2 years regardless of how long you've been here.

Soul Tsukino
Tech Staff

Re: Wow 2 years already

Postby Soul Tsukino » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:11 am

Damn, 2 years already? Time flies when you are having fun!
The Sailor sun Fan fic Collective
http://www.soultsukino.info
Celebrating 10 years of the Series

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:03 pm

Happy bday AA, you've given me tons of fun over these 2 years.

I think things may be a bit slow lately due to the season causing everyone to have busier schedules than the summer time. I know my friend Joey/ultama is swamped with school work and can't contribute to the online community much. I'm going to try asking other online friends to join and suggest the place to other people I stumble across in IRC/blogs who would be a good fit.

What about a community anime/jpop/manga review blog where everyone can contribute indepth opinions?

darksideoftheanime

Postby darksideoftheanime » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Maybe we could do another anime tournament. Or we could do another game like the Nation Elimination Game, if anyone remembers that from the old forum.
Dammit, it’s my turn to say dammit.” -Daria.
What are you listening to? challenge: Completed 102 of 114.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:03 pm

I think we're open to any and all ideas at this point. We want to inject some discussion and life back into the place. We want old members to be active again and get new ones who will be. So any and all ideas no matter how silly you might think they are are welcomed. This place is for all of us so everyone should have a say in things. So start listing some more ideas people.

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:00 am

I was thinking it'd be fun to do a language/culture learning thread series.

Does that sound too cheesy? I love this stuff, so don't laugh!
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

Sukunai

Postby Sukunai » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:42 am

2 years eh, nice. I have no bright ideas to offer though.
Expert counsel, generous advice from friends, and my own knowledge has left me realizing, I am all that a man needs to be a man, and yet, I live half my day with a woman's frame of mind all the same.
I'd rather something in the way of more mundane troubles :)

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:08 am

Pastachan wrote:I was thinking it'd be fun to do a language/culture learning thread series.

Does that sound too cheesy? I love this stuff, so don't laugh!

Sounds interesting to me. I can offer help to anyone interested in Spanish.

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:32 am

chrisb wrote:Sounds interesting to me. I can offer help to anyone interested in Spanish.

Yeah! See, I'm learning Korean unofficially right now and I think it's fun to share what you've learned with people and possibly learn from/teach them, so I figured why not here as well? I mean, it's a good way to keep people interested in coming back over and over.

I've also been teaching myself Japanese for a couple years now, and this little exchange was rather entertaining for me. I mean, we're all into Japanese at least a little.
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:43 am

^ I'm actually more interested in Korean than Japanese :)

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:48 am

As I said in the leaving/returning thread I'm sorry for not being on as of late. We've mentioned changes we want to make and they haven't been finished. I apologize. We've got several new logos we will be implementing very soon. We plan to have one for each of our styles in an attempt to keep people interested. Use one style for a week or two and then you can change your style and get a new logo. I ask for patience as Soul works in the retail field and obviously his schedule is busier than normal right now. I'd do it but I know jackshit about programming lol. I'd wind up somehow making the forum explode.

The language/culture learning thread series idea I think is a good one. Even if we don't know anything about the particular culture we could all maybe post random tidbits of info about it. If anyone has been to the country/area in question they could detail how it was. Really I think a thread/line of threads on various cultures could just be fun and really is open for us to do really anything. More detailed threads on subjects would help stir up more discussion I think. Threads on specific series or at least specific genres. Maybe one on new spring/fall shows for example.

The other big area is membership and activity. To help keep the place active and simply interesting we need to get old members active and more new members here. They don't just have to be from anime forums/websites either. If you guys have any friends who you think would be a good fit here let us know. We can always get them interested and convert them once they join up heh.

Any other ideas on how to get more activity, introduce new and fun things, and just make this place as active and fun as possible are appreciated. We're a community so we need your help to make this place even more fun to come to and spend time at.

Soul Tsukino
Tech Staff

Postby Soul Tsukino » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:01 am

I've already started working on putting in the new logos but there are some kinks to work out so things aren't quite done yet.
The Sailor sun Fan fic Collective
http://www.soultsukino.info
Celebrating 10 years of the Series

Past

Postby Past » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:37 am

I found it interesting, if memory serves right, there are quite a few of us from the early FF days (more like over 4 years ago) who are still active on this forum. It's nice to have a good mix of veterans and new faces who are just as welcome and appreciated. I consider myself both a veteran and one of the more recent additions, since I rejoined almost 4 months after AA started (looks at joined date).
In Soviet Russia; witches strike you!Image

Return to “Rules & Announcements”