Official Contest Thread

The rules can be found here along with the latest forum announcements.
d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Re: Official Contest Thread

Postby d.yaro » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:54 am

Second Anime Alley Contest!

Announcing the latest contest; "Where's Psycho 101?" - located in this thread: http://www.theanimealley.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1058. Find Psycho 101 in the photo to win a genuine Yui Hirasawa nendroid figure!*

* Albeit a used one but it will be shipped in its original packaging.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:37 am

Looked up the figurine and it's pretty expensive. d.yaro ain't giving away no dollar store model lol.

I think I have an idea of where he is, but feel like being more awake to make my final decision haha.

Krimson

Postby Krimson » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Cool contest, thought not knowing what Psycho101 looks like in the first place...

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:26 pm

^ There are photos of him on this site. Check the Otakon 2011 thread. The photo I provided a link to is captioned "Saki, Viga and Psycho" on Flickr and is referred to as a photo of Viga and Sean on this site.

Nonetheless... We do have a winner! Congratulations to darksideoftheanime for correctly locating Psycho 101 first.

Sorry that the contest was won so quickly. I still have 4 gashapon figures to give away. So I will give one to each of the next 4 members who correctly locate Psycho 101. Following that I will post the winning entry in this thread.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:28 am

Where in the world is Psycho SanDiego lol. Carmen SanDiego kiss my ass heh.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:50 am

So the staff has been discussing ideas on how to spread our wings and grow. We've made clubs at various social media sites as you all know and we plan to continue to expand in that area. We've opened up the forum and made it accessible to guests so they can see what we're all about and hopefully become interested. We've tried to find ways to get the members to have a more direct role and impact on the forum and how it looks, is run, and just feel like you have a more vital role here beyond simple posting. We would love to get old members active again and gain new ones to help make this place even more successful and active. The thing is we HAVE to have your help to do this. We've been contemplating more ideas amongst the staff and would love to have any ideas you guys have on how to do this as well.

That being said I was sitting here and thinking amongst myself, and my many voices in my head, and I have come up with a contest to set forth to you all. Our member count is at 70 right now. The first part of the contest is to get our member count to between 90-100 people by the end of the year. The other part is to get between 10-15 inactive posters back and posting on a semi-regular basis. So every time one of you gets an old member to come back or gains us a new one I'm going to basically keep a record of it on a little spreadsheet. If you guys can help make the contest a success then there will be some prizes for the winners. The 3 members who bring back/get us the most new members will all receive some anime related items. All 3 will receive a complete anime series of their choosing and some posters/misc paraphernalia from my own collection. The member though who manages to get the most new/returning members will win the grand prize of the contest. I'll personally cover their registration to Otakon next summer if they can make it, and also cover their portion of a hotel room. I figure we'll get a nice sized group together for the con like we did this year and back in 09 so it would be cool to have even more of you guys be able to make it. If the winner can't make it...well I'll figure something out for that member.

So there's the ccontest. Now I trust you all to not simply list names of people to join up here. You all know the kind of posters we want and the quality we want. We don't want a forum full of spammers or trolls that will ruin the atmosphere. We're nothing fancy here but we do try and have friendly and decent people as members so we can all get along as much as possible. It is also on you to let the staff know who you got to come back or which new members were your discovery. That is if you want that tally under your name that is. ;)

Return to “Rules & Announcements”