Stagnation

The rules can be found here along with the latest forum announcements.
Psycho 101
Promoter

Stagnation

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:23 am

So as the title says I think we've all had a bit of stagnation this past year. As has the Alley. We've all had a bunch of personal life issues creep up that have taken time away from the Alley. Seems like we've all had problems pop up in 2013. Suffice to say it was a slow year for our Alley here. While normally I am not one to seriously take stock in the New Year New Day idea I think this year I want to try to do so. I know us admins have been rather silent with progress and moving things forward here. So in 2014 myself and the admins are going to do our best to really try and get this place busing some again. To try and get the cobwebs and dust off and shine the old girl up and get her looking good again. I hope with your help as well we can do our best to try and get our Alley bustling again with discussions, debates, and comradery.

beken

Re: Stagnation

Postby beken » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:31 am

Happy New Year!

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:04 am

Well after adding the new spring skin, clearing up some old sub forums not in use, and tidying the place up behind the scenes hopefully we'll have some new members soon if the invitations I sent out meet with interest from people.

TsunaReborn!

Postby TsunaReborn! » Wed May 21, 2014 9:47 pm

I'M HERE!

Hello everyone, God I feel like how I did when I first posted on ANN (just over a year a go) all nervous.

Thank you for having me and I hope me and the other new members can help move along this stagnation :D

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed May 21, 2014 10:01 pm

Huzzah, our first influx of new life. No pressure tsuna. It's not as if we'll tar and feather you if your arrival doesn't help spawn more activity. Nope, not at all. :twisted:

TsunaReborn!

Postby TsunaReborn! » Wed May 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Phew, that's a relief. That was my biggest fear, having some kind of wanted pressure for being new... so now I have nothing to worry about we can all leave knowing my work here is done :ugeek:

A Mystery

Postby A Mystery » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Stagnation sounds negative. There's room for revival, the forum is just dormant and waiting to burst... or... something :mrgreen: .

Though I believe people also have to know that this forum is still alive. If they don't, nobody's going to return. Boy, looking at some people's post counts, this forum sure was active once :shock:

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:26 am

It sure was. And you're right. People need to know it';s active. The problem we run into is we get a few to come back, they start to post but before we can get more they leave thinking it's not that active. So then the next group of a few come back and the same thing happens. It's a matter of getting enough back, or new signups, at the same time to spark that activity and get the motor running. Any suggestions on doing it are welcomed.

A Mystery

Postby A Mystery » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:48 am

I'll think about it! You know, I was thinking: what if they talked about something a long time ago and I would bring it up again... but then again: that wouldn't be a real problem. Maybe an introduction questionnaire thread? With a few serious and some fun(ny) questions?

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:03 am

A Mystery wrote:I'll think about it! You know, I was thinking: what if they talked about something a long time ago and I would bring it up again... but then again: that wouldn't be a real problem. Maybe an introduction questionnaire thread? With a few serious and some fun(ny) questions?

What kind of questions did you have in mind? It sounds like it could be interesting.

Return to “Rules & Announcements”