Photobucket Update

A place for all your pictures, videos, avatars, and anything else media related.
bashfulglowfly

Photobucket Update

Postby bashfulglowfly » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:36 am

For those of you who have photobucket accounts, have you seen what they have done? And do you like it?

I don't. It seems very inconvient to me. This is what I've noticed, so far: (actually this is what I posted to their feedback forum - in general LOTS of people are pissed off and want the Classic format back.)
I do not like the fact that you have to actually click on the picture to get the file name. I used to be able to hold the cursor over the picture and it would tell me "LydiaDianne/AnimeMotivational/AnimeMotivational223." NOW I have to click on the picture to get the larger size, left click on the photo to see the file name.

Very inconvenient.

And I don't like the fact that I can't upload pictures directly. I have to click on "upload now" and click on something else.

I also don't like the fact that I can't give a title to my pictures at the time of upload. With this new format, I have to go into the album to do so.

Again, VERY inconvenient!

Also, the new "My Album" is poorly done. I use a lot of sub albums. With the Classic format I could click on "My Album," find the album or sub-album that I want and go straight to it. Now, I have to go through my main album, find the sub-album that I want, click on it and then find the sub-album within that one.

Once again, VERY VERY INCONVENIENT!!!!

Photobucket should have released a Beta version to users and given us a chance to feel it out and give you suggestions. Instead of forcing us to use this very unwieldy Chimera you have come up with.

I do not like this so-called "update." Give me back the Classic Format...I paid for it.

It wasn't broke. So I don't understand why they "fixed" it. There was a thread posted about it. There were over 600 votes and posts and someone declared it "completed" which pissed off people even more!

Thread one

Thread two

bashfulglowfly

Re: Photobucket Update

Postby bashfulglowfly » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:46 am

I just looked at their blog about this

It says this
Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author

And so I posted this comment "Gee, no comments have been approved yet. I wonder why. Is it because almost everyone is letting you know that this "update" sucks?"

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:54 am

Totally agree. The new format is kind of annoying and just inconvenient. Trying to copy a URL from an image doesn't always work either for some reason.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:41 am

I don't like a lot of what they've done but I have a paid pro-account through 2012 so I'm not going to give that up. Plus, I looked at ImageShack and Flickr. While I already have an account with Flickr, I can't find any way to post a single image. I do a lot of that on my Gaiaonline account. And with ImageShack, it doesn't seem to do what Photobucket does.

What really surprises me is how people making comments (and I don't know where they are seeing this) say that Photobucket says that they didn't keep the Classic format so there is no way of letting us have the choice of returning to it.

Others have pointed out that not keeping a backup of something is VERY strange and unusual for web designers. I agree.

It is also very unusual that they would just flat out not give people the option of keeping the Classic format. Yahoo Mail has had several Mail Betas. I've tried them. And each and every time I go back to Mail Classic because I think it works better. And Yahoo has NEVER gotten rid of it.

braves

Postby braves » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:09 am

Yeah, the new style does suck. The parallels with Yahoo! Mail is an apt one. I also keep the classic format whenever they try to change it and Photobucket has no excuse for not offering the same kind of deal.

Also, why do I have to get my ears blasted off with some commercial anytime I upload a picture?

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:17 pm

Stupid question but why is this thread in the Anime Around the Net forum? I could move it to the Media forum but I thought I'd check before moving it.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:12 am

:oops: Because I was thinking "internet" and the fact that most of what I have on Photobucket are anime photos - other than that, damned if I know.

Go ahead and move it.

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:54 am

Okay...thanks. I was just wondering....
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

Return to “Media”