Fan Art

A place for all your pictures, videos, avatars, and anything else media related.
Psycho 101
Promoter

Fan Art

Postby Psycho 101 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:44 am

So I thought we could use a thread where we can show our favorite fan art pieces and favorite fan artists. Now this is for anything really not just anime. Video games, Comics, Fantasy Art, or anything fan done is welcomed. There are a few artists on Deviant Art I check weekly for new images. So I'll share them one at a time and show a few examples of their work. To start with I'll show the newest of them I found and started following and that is Jessica Elwood. Yes most of her work is anthro/furry pieces but to me they're done in a more realistic fantasy way. Not sure if that makes sense. I really like the colors and textures she uses and the small detail work she puts into the weapons, backgrounds, and other small things you might not normally notice. And yes almost all of her ladies are busty but Jessica herself has a self model page on Deviant Art and she is a full figure lady herself. I like that she makes her ladies full figured as well with real hips and curves and not just some paper thin frame with a huge rack. Here are a few of my favorites of hers:

The next artist I'll share is Reiq. I love his pieces because they really look like nice high res glossy comic book covers. He's definitely one of my favorite digital artists. He has another website as well with some wallpapers of his works here. He does fan art as well original pieces. Here are a few favs of mine;

Psycho 101
Promoter

Re: Fan Art

Postby Psycho 101 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:55 am

Figured I'd share 2 more of the artists I follow weekly for updates on Deviantart, Both do more fantasy style images which I obviously happen to like. They both also do a lot of WoW Fan Art. I don't play but man their art works do make me wonder at times if I should lol. So first up is Shiramune. His works have a more gritty feel to them I think.

The other artist is Genzoman and to me his works just seem like they belong in games or anime series. I love his fantasy art and actually for those who play Castle Age on Facebook a few of the boss monsters in it are designed by him.

This one is a shout out to Lydia hehe

doug19992000

Postby doug19992000 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:52 pm

There's some Fan Art I have from 4chan that I'll post later. Folks are around, and I don't want to be looking through my 4chan folder while they're around.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:57 am

doug19992000 wrote:There's some Fan Art I have from 4chan that I'll post later. Folks are around, and I don't want to be looking through my 4chan folder while they're around.

Now why on earth would that be lol?

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Given my Oh My Goddess craze as of late I thought I'd share a handful of the new fan arts I've found for the series. Many of these are more sexy the normal ones and I like how the one artist did many of the girls in a pin up fashion. Very nice. I am using most of these for avatars too once my summer run is done.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:00 am

Psycho, Genzoman is one of the DA artists that I'm following too! He's good. I recently ran across an artist called Majoh. She has a different take on the Sailor Senshi that I find very interesting. She hasn't completed the entire group yet, two left to go but I do like her take and I'm going to try and use them as avatars on ANN at a later date when she is finished:

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Those are awesome. I am totally stealing them to turn into wallpapers. I really like the ones for Sailor Jupiter (surprised right? lol), Sailer Mars, and Sailor Pluto.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Psycho 101 wrote:Those are awesome. I am totally stealing them to turn into wallpapers. I really like the ones for Sailor Jupiter (surprised right? lol), Sailer Mars, and Sailor Pluto.

Those are amongst my faves but I think the one that I like the best is the one with Sailor Saturn. It's just really cute.

From what the arist said, she's going to do Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask - those should be really interesting!

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:30 am

Figured I'd share a few more of my favorite fan art pics I've found over the years. I figured I'd start with 2 Sailor Moon style for Lydia heh. Then I'll share some Naruto ones Aila might like and then a few of my favorite fan art pics of Nel from Bleach. Btw these are all re-sized to take up less space so I do have the full sized versions.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:40 am

Psycho 101 wrote:Figured I'd share a few more of my favorite fan art pics I've found over the years. I figured I'd start with 2 random ones done Sailor Moon style for Lydia heh. Then I'll share some Naruto ones Aila might like and then a few of my favorite fan art pics of Nel from Bleach.

Looking forward to seeing them. I have to admit. I don't like Naruto but some of the fanart out there is pretty darn good, so I do collect the ones that I like. Like the one Psycho is currently using for his avatar and a few others. Actually, I'm not really sure if all of these are fanart or not, I just like them:

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:01 am

I like the one with the girls all around the computer and Hinata looking up Naruto's profile heh. The one with Naruto "getting Sasuke to return" was simply priceless lol.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Wed May 18, 2011 3:54 am

I found this piece of Fan Art on DA. Actually it was one of the Daily Devations. While I am not a fan of One Piece (okay, I've never even seen it), I like this piece of artwork by the artist know as shiroifushicho who calls this piece "Portrait of a Pirate Family"

The picture is a bit big so I went with a link instead of the image.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/LydiaDianne/anime/OnePiece.jpg

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed May 18, 2011 6:28 am

Figured I'd post a few more fan art images I've found on DA lately. The first one I wanna post because it's a tribute piece to one of my favorite comic artists who passed away a short while ago. Michael Turner.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:00 am

It's been a long time since someone has used this particular thread but I came across this particular piece and it is the most unique piece of Sailor Moon fanart that I have come across and I thought that I would share it!

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:42 pm

^ Whoa...it's like Sailor Moon meets Powerpuff Girls...on acid. :P

Okay. Maybe not. But it's still pretty far out there. It's quite cool.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:12 pm

d.yaro wrote:^ Whoa...it's like Sailor Moon meets Powerpuff Girls...on acid. :P

Okay. Maybe not. But it's still pretty far out there. It's quite cool.

The original artist said it was based on the Bosuzuku. I like it because the artist gave some serious thought to the entire piece, imo, from the bikes being different to Sailor Moon's chestplate tattoo. And the background was a nice choice - Crystal Tokyo instead of Modern Day Tokyo or Silver Millenium. All in all, just very unique.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:31 am

I'm gonna agree with the on acid part lol. Nice though.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Wed May 15, 2013 4:55 am

Not a fan of Adventure Time especially since the characters are drawn absolutely atrociously. BUT, I saw this on Deviant Art (Daily Deviation) and actually liked it.

Return to “Media”