Round I: Gates of Beginnings

A place for all your pictures, videos, avatars, and anything else media related.
Rena

Round I: Gates of Beginnings

Postby Rena » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:55 am

NO ELIMINATION THIS ROUND!
Please check The Laws & Equipment.

=========================================================

"I was studying alone in my room, continuing to deal with the college stuff and preparing myself for the real world. It's a pain to end up feeling so chained up inside, but hey... as much as I wanna get out and test myself against the world, I'll have to sit quietly and plan for myself.

But as I turn back to the books and my laptop, I saw a mysterious light appearing before me. I walked closer into the light, hoping nothing bad happens to me."

"I awoke in a field of plains. But as I try to clean the dirt off me, I noticed my clothes were... different? A red dress, magnifying glass, goggles... and since when was I short?! I ran towards a nearby lake to see my reflection. I'm not me! I changed completely... or maybe... nah, it couldn't be."

- Excuse me, do you mind if I could use some of your time?

"I turn around to see a young girl wearing a pink dress walking towards me."

Image - I guess.

- Did you... just came from a mysterious white light?

Image - Yeah?

- Then you may know where she is!

Image - Wait, who now?

- Come with me!

Image - H-Hey! Wait a se-GAAH!

"Before I could even explain myself, this girl is dragging me the next minute after. Oh well... I guess we'll see what happens."

=========================================================

MISSION: Create an introduction. From how you would introduce your daily life, to how you become your character, to how you meet the mysterious girl! Example is shown on top of this note. Use your 'equipment' [refer to URL], and be creative with it.

DEADLINE: August 26, 2009.

And BEGIN!

darksideoftheanime

Round One: Prologue

Postby darksideoftheanime » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:09 am

I'm going to post my story here. If this isn't where you want the stories posted here Rena you can have one of the mods over it.

I don't expect any future stories to come out this fast but I've had a general idea of what I'd like my prologue so I just need to get it down in words (I'm so happy Rena choose this for a mission :D ). It's been years since I've wrote a story so I've tried to put the best care I can into this story. I hope you enjoy it.

Note: For any film fans out there I did use a modified version of a quote form Casablanca at the very end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prologue

I woke up from what felt like a long sleep and I noticed that something was odd. I was lying in the middle of a field of yellow flowers with mountains all round me.

“Where am I?” I thought, “This doesn’t look like home.”

I had no idea where I was or how I got here. I was thinking about the very last thing I could remember; it was all very clear in my memory.

“I was standing out on my deck, watching the sun go down and seeing the clouds colored all different shades of red and orange. I could feel the cool, nighttime breeze and I could hear the leaves rustling in the trees. It was as perfect as a night could possibility be.

“Then, all of a sudden out towards the horizon I saw a bright light. It was brighter than anything I had ever seen; it was as if someone had taken the light of a thousand suns and combined it into one. I could see the shockwave traveling across the hills and the valley and when it got to me the sound was deafening. Then the light started to consume everything around me. After that, I can’t recall; my memory ends right there. It all happened so fast that I didn’t have time to comprehend what was happening.”

That was what happened to me then, but now I had to worry about what was happening now. I looked for a way out of the clearing and I saw a small path leading to a wooded area. I started to walk down the path and before I entered the woods I took one last look at the place where I had been. Looking at the field of flowers with the mountains in the background I thought it was the prettiest site I’d ever seen.

"I must be in Heaven.” I thought, “There’s no way I could have survived."

At that point I could not have believed that I was still alive. After all, I had seen with my own eyes an atomic explosion practically up close. There’s no way I could have seen that without my body turning into ash. However, while I was walking through the woods a tree branch got caught on the back of my hand and it gave a good scrape and I could feel the pain from it.

I thought, “I could feel that branch scrape me and it even drew blood. How could I feel pain and draw blood if I’m dead? I must still alive somehow. But how?

I felt even more confused then I originally had been, but my confusion would only grow worst, for when I walked to the bank of a small river to wash off the blood I saw that I had a completely different body then I originally had.

“What on Earth? I look like Okazaki from CLANNAD!”

Looking back at it now I should have realized my body was different way before that; I mean I was about a hundred pounds lighter than before, but I was so throw off at being in a different world that I completely over looked that detail. So here I was. Lost in a world I’d never seen before and stuck in a body I’d never had before. I felt like I was a few seconds way form going insane.

And then she showed up.

“Wow. I’m so happy that you are here.”

When I turned around I saw this red haired girl who looked like she could be my younger sister looking very happy.

“I’m sorry but do I know you?”I said.

“Well not really but I’m really happy you made it. You must have come from the light.”

“The what?”

“The light.”

“What light?“ I thought, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“The light that led you to this world. How could you miss the bright light?”

“How could I miss the bright light? How could I differentiate one bright light with another bright light?”

She looked at me like I was completely insane. I could tell she had no idea what I was talking about so I dropped that subject. I was curious to find out why she was so happy I’m here so I said to her “You seem very happy to see me. Why is that?”

“Because you may be able to find were she is.”

“She?” I thought but before I had a chance to ask her about it she grabbed my hand and started to move. “Hold it. Wait a minute. Just STOP!” I shouted, “If I’m going to look for someone I’d like to have some details as to whom and why I’m looking for them.”

After I said that her face turned very solemn and I felt about as bad as if I had killed someone’s pet dog, but then she said to me, “I know that you are very confused about everything right now but I have to find everyone else as fast as I can so I don’t have time to explain things. But you were summoned here for a reason and I promise you everything will be explained very soon.”

“If that’s the case then I understand,” I said, “but let me ask you one quick question, who was the one who summoned me?”

With a smile she said, “I afraid I can’t tell you that now. It’s a secret.”

“Summoned.” I thought, "Someone with a great amount of power rescued me from certain death and brought me into this world a new. So why was chosen when so many others weren’t?”

I was feeling very sad. So many people that I had known were gone but yet somehow I was the one still living. But at the same time I felt gratitude to the one who saved me and to this red haired girl. I knew that she probably wasn’t directly involved in me being sent here but she was a part in this whole ordeal. You could say that I felt like I owed my life to this girl.

“Very well then.” I said, “I will go along with you.”

“You will? That’s great.”

“I may as well go seeing as I have no place left to go back to.”

“What did you say?”

“Oh nothing. It’s not important.”

“By the way,” she told me has she stuck out her hand, “my name is Kairi”

“Kairi is it?” I shook her hand and said “Kairi, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship”.

So we talked down the path together, Kairi looking for the next place to go and me thinking about what was in store for me. This world that I’m in I do not know. I have no idea if I can go back home or even if there is a home for me to go back to, but I still alive. I’ve been given a second chance at live, even if I do look like an anime character. So I’m just going to keep on living. That’s all I can do to honor all the people that I knew.

I can’t tell where this journey is going to lead but I know for a fact it’s going to be a hell of a ride.
Dammit, it’s my turn to say dammit.” -Daria.
What are you listening to? challenge: Completed 102 of 114.

Rena

Re: Round I: Gates of Beginnings

Postby Rena » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:43 am

Well I think this would make more sense to post here. But yeah, everyone, follow darkside's example. xD

Zanarkand Princess

Re: Round I: The Meeting

Postby Zanarkand Princess » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:00 am

Alright here is my entry for round one.

The Meeting

"I was sitting in my room lazily running my eyes over an article in a magazine, thinking of ways to cure my almost chronic boredom when a small light appeared before my eyes. I thought it might have been a firefly that flew in from the open window until the light began to grow larger and larger until it seemed that it could swallow a person whole. Me being me, of course I decided to be that person."

"I know I should have known better, but curiosity got the best of me and I began to walk toward the light and reached my hand out to touch it."

"I awoke some time later on a large land mass and everything was covered in fog. I sat up upon noticing that I was wearing a long skirt as opposed to the shorter one I had on when I got in here. I stood up and ran over to some smaller pieces of land that were floating in the air like a staircase"

"Where am I?" I whispered, "I might as well go up this way."

I stepped on one of the floating steps with the other foot firmly on the ground to make sure it was safe. Once I was convinced I wouldn't kill myself trying to go up I began walking until I reached some sort of barrier. I stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed the reflection in this clear liquid like barrier. I looked completely different! Suddenly I was a Japanese teenage girl with shorter and lighter hair who had heterochromia.

"At least I'm around the same age I guess. It would suck if I turned into a seventy year old guy or something"

I took a look at the beautiful clothing I was wearing. It seemed very traditional and delicate, but I couldn't decide what type of person would be wearing these clothes.

"What on earth did I get myself into?" I thought.

I decided it was time to get out of here so I walked through the barrier and into a grassy green field. Suddenly there was a very calm aura around the place, like no one could ever hurt you there.

"You're finally here."

There was a red haired girl in a pink dress standing there smiling at me as if I was an old friend she hadn't seen in a while.

"W..Where is here?" I asked cautiously. I was beginning to be afraid I didn't really want the answer.

"You came from the light right?"

"I sure did."

"That's great!"

I couldn't help but wonder why I was being congratulated for doing something that was honestly very stupid.

"So you may know where she is!" The girl sighed in relief

"Where who is? I don't even know where I am." As I said this my thoughts started to wonder. Did anyone notice I was gone? How long had I been gone anyway? Who was going to feed my plant?

"Well why don't you come with me and find out?"

The cheerful girl grabbed my hand and began leading me off to god knows where. I followed her though, because it's not like I had a better plan.
Somehow I just knew that things were going to be interesting and for the first time since I got to wherever I currently was I didn't regret following the light.

Saki

Postby Saki » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:32 am

Boku Ni Natta Watashi*

-Andrea...
-What?
-Andrea, wake up.
-5 more minutes, 'kay? It's Friday.
-Andrea...

Mom finally resigned to let me sleep and left, miffed. All I did was cover my eyes with the plushie cat I slept with and kept on snoozing. I had gone to sleep late last night, trying to write a decent thesis proposal.

Maybe I should've woken up... Had I known what was about to come.

---------------------------

The next moment she figured where she was, she couldn't move at all. Falling down, in the midst of what seemed a wormhole, or a tornado, which was unexplainably full of a blinding white light. She was spinning so quickly, she could taste the sound, see the touch and smell the sight. However, she looked down, noticing there was a small blotch of black among the vivid green of the field surrounding it. It grew and grew, taking the shape...

OF TA-KUN?!

Andrea was never able to explain how she turned into the anime character she admired. People would've called her crazy, or as she liked to say, 'sane'. But it happened, and after somehow crashing/passing through the kitten's tiny body, she lost consciousness again.

"W-where am I?" -was the cat's only thought, as he opened his eyes. And man were they big. He was sprawled on the ground, his tummy feeling the soft blades of grass tickling him. "This isn't my house... Na. Hold on, na! Why am I saying na, like if I were Ta-kun, na?"

He stood up, trying to walk on his hind paws, but failed miserably. Due to that, he sighed and walked on all fours. It was tricky at first, because it's a given fact that cats walk moving the legs of each side, and not opposites. It was hard to get used to it, but he managed to totter towards a small lake nearby, just to look at his reflection. Trying not to fall in, he peered over the edge...

Just to see that he was Ta-kun all right.

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! was the only sound in the field, and had there been any mountains, it would've echoed. The cat was shocked to see that he wasn't not just human anymore, but was a tom, or better said, a tommy (because of how tiny he was). This couldn't be happening!

"NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO DO, NA?! I should be in my house in Bogotá, writing those thesis proposals and reading for the pop quiz my teacher's going to make, nanana! Now I've turned into none other than Ta-kun, na! An insanely cute choice, I admit it, but still... Naaaaaa! I can't even talk, na!"

In the midst of his mental rant, Ta-kun hadn't noticed two things. A mysterious person was approaching, and since he was holding his head with his forepaws, he lost balance and fell into the lake.
-Naaaa! Naaaa!
"What the naaaa?! I can't even swim properly! And this water's so cold and wet, na! Now I know why Misaki and Taro hate it when my mom bathes them, na!"
However, a warm pair of hands took him out of the lake, holding him close to a warm, sweet-smelling body.
-I'm glad you came.

It was a girl, sweet in smell and aura, wearing a pink dress.
-I think you came with the light.
-Na?
-Oh, poor thing. You can't talk, right?
The kitten nodded negatively, but immediately had an idea. He jumped off the girl's hands, searched for a patch of sand on the lake's shore and signaled the girl to come. Using his paws, he wrote in unsteady letters a message.

"For some reason, I was in some weird light, and I woke up like this. Is there some way to go back?
-I'm afraid I don't know. But meanwhile, could you help me in something?
-Na?
-I'm looking for a certain someone. And I have to find her as soon as I can. By the way, my name... is Kairi.
-Naa... -and the kitty scribbled on the sand again.

"Just call me Ta-kun."

Seems he had resigned to be the itty-bitty black furry little kitty he had turned into, doesn't it?

*= Yeah, it's actually the name of a manga (gender-bender manga to boot), but it closely depicts the case. Literally, it means "I turned into I", but boku is a male form of I. As for watashi... Um, you know. It's neutral.
ImageImage

Nankatsu's Field: Updated every Monday

Dorcas_Aurelia

Postby Dorcas_Aurelia » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:10 am

This ended up being a little longer than I expected. I'm not sure how much I'll be using them, but here's a page explaining the names of Chisame's seven cyber-mice spirits from Aquastar's translation of chapter 154 of Negima.

Story:

“Another Saturday with nothing to do. My friends are all busy working or out of state. I guess it's just you and me, again, internet.”

After checking my usual rotation of webcomics and message boards, on a lark, I decided to revisit an old Negima fan forum. It would be interesting to see what new wild theories were floating around and the speculation caused by recent revelations in the plot. An image link in someone's signature caught my eye, and I followed it.

“Ha, talk about an overzealous fan. Recreating Chisame's (or rather, her persona, Chiu's) personal website. In interest of authenticity, shouldn't it be in Japanese, though?”

With nothing else required of my time, I decided to explore the little fansite. I clicked the link marked “Etc”. And then things got weird.

“Everyone! Thank you all again for making Chiu's blog so popular! I'm sorry I don't have a new outfit for you today, even the I promised I would. My stupid child teacher assigned us lots of homework, and I didn't have time to get anything else done today. :(

The fans lapped it up. Instant and rapid responses came bearing their sympathy, offers of assistance for the vacuous net-idol, and threats against the pint-sized educator.

It wasn't entirely true, Chisame thought as she typed. The homework was a breeze, and it wasn't directly Negi's fault she had been waylaid. The other girls in the White Wing had decided to have a little party, and for once, inexplicably, they decided not to use Eva's resort. Asuna had dragged her along, the smiling idiot trying to get her to bond more with the rest of Negi's little harem. Mostly Chisame managed to avoid being dragged into the thick of the event, until Chachamaru had gotten drunk. How does that even happen!? A freaking drunken robot!

Apparently Haruna had filched some of Evangeline's wine from the resort one time. Damned typical troublemaker. She had probably been trying to get Nodoka or Yue tipsy enough to push them into making a move on Negi. How Chachamaru had ended up inebriated was beyond Chisame's understanding. Of course, no one else seemed to realize the danger of a weaponized, life-sized magical doll with impaired response time and reduced inhibitions. Luckily, after Chisame managed to pull her away from the action and got her to lie down, she mostly just cried a little about Negi and apologized to Chisame.

“Chiu-sama,” one of her little cyber-mice minions called for her.

“Oh, Hanpe, what's up?”

“We've finished maximizing net-traffic to your site. Search engines give your site higher priority in related searches, and we've inserted links from other popular websites and blogs.”

“Good job.”

“Um, Chiu-sama, isn't it an abuse of your artifact to use it so trivial?”

“What!” Chisame yelled. “You're going to lecture your master on proper use of magic?”

“My apologies, Chiu-sama,” the adorable magical, digital rodent groveled.

“Ah, you're probably right though. It's kind of a waste, too.” She noticed it seemed concerned about something else as well. “Is there a problem of some kind?”

“Well, while we were checking the security of your website, we noticed an irregularity.”

“Where?”

Hanpe opened up the code for the page and indicated with his paw. “This part here.”

Chisame narrowed her eyes as she examined the text. “That is odd, why would-”

But she was suddenly interrupted by a flash of bright light.

“Chiu-sama? Chiu-sama? Are you alright?”

I opened my eyes, finding myself face to... face with a fluffy round mouse-like creature floating over me. I seemed to be lying on my back in an open, grassy field, blades tickling my face.

“You have got to be kidding me,” I grumbled.

“Are you okay, Chiu-sama?” the mouse continued to inquire.

“I'm not Chiu.”

“Chisame... san?”

“Look, fluff-ball – which one are you? Negi? Ah, I can't remember the rest – I'm not Chisame, although I have an unfortunate guess as to why you would think so. If you are who I think you are, it will be easier to explain this than trying to pretend I'm someone I'm not. I just hope she didn't get stuck in my body.”

“So, what should I call you, then?” the cyber-spirit asked.

“Whatever is fine. Chiu-sama or Chisame-san will work well enough, I suppose, I just wanted to make sure you and the other six understand I'm not your normal master. Apparently some combination of magic and technology,” I glared at the creature, which shrunk back slightly, “put my mind in her body, so we'll just have to work together to fix this mess.”

“You know about us? How is that?”

“You're a magical computer spirit; shouldn't you be smart enough to figure that out? You're characters in a story where I come from, with a decent degree of notoriety. Hm, you know, I kind of like being this genre-savvy cynical character. It's not too far off from Chisame herself, is it?”

“Er...”

“So, anyway, what's your name?”

“Hanpe.”

“Hanpe. You and the others should find some sort of internet access or something and figure out where we are. Is this Earth, or Mundus Magica.”

“We already tried. There's no connection to any data network here.”

“What? Wait a second.” I rummaged through my pockets. “Okay, I've got Chisame's cell phone, so that's a source of energy for you guys, right. Hm, no network at all.”

“Excuse me,” came a voice from behind me.

I turned around to see a brunette girl, about Chisame's age in a pink dress. “Yes.”

“You just came from the light?”

“Probably. So, you're the quest giver, I guess?”

“The what?” she answered, looking slightly puzzled.

“Yes, I confused the NPC.”

“Chiu-sama, maybe you shouldn't be doing this.”

“Right, Hanpe, was it, I know. Anyway, little girl, can I help you with something?”

“Yes,” she replied, recovered from her earlier befuddlement at my comments. “You can help find where she is. Come with me.” And so saying, the girl took hold of my wrist and began leading me away.

“Let's go, Hanpe. Indefinite pronouns mean this could take a while.”

“Chiu-sama, you're not acting quite right,” the mouse said as it followed the two of us off.
My dream is to hold a baby tiger, getting scared about it, and running away in fear.
It's a dream of failure. -Miyako

Rena

One-Week Warning!

Postby Rena » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:02 pm

Attention: This is a one-week warning to get your entries done. They all look so awesome and well-written guys! Keep up the good work!

Rena

Postby Rena » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:02 pm

WARNING: Tomorrow is the deadline. Either send me a PM that you need time or I'll just extend a week. But please don't have me keep trying to extend it more.

Return to “Media”