Your Pets

A place for all your pictures, videos, avatars, and anything else media related.
Past

Re: Your Pets

Postby Past » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:38 am

Calypso is an awesome name for a cat.
In Soviet Russia; witches strike you!Image

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:12 am

Here are updated photos of my two cats, Boo-Boo and Sammy-the-Weasel. These pics were taken right before I moved... but they are adjusting well to their new environment. Soon enough I'll have some updated pics of them in their new home :D .

This is Sammy:
This is Boo-Boo:

(edited to fix pic links)

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:52 am

Topic hasn't had a post in over a year. Here are some pics of my mom and step father's dogs. I just took these pics Friday.

That's my mom (not a giant, I know it's shocking), The two she's holding is Sparky (boy) on the left and Rags (girl) on the right. The dog on the couch is their first one, Pandy (girl). She's a year old while the other two are 10 months, but they all have the same parents. Pandy's hair is normally longer, but she got into some stuff and got a trim.

I was hoping to get some better pics, but they weren't being very photogenic, they were actually rather cautious of the camera.

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

Truered

Postby Truered » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:22 pm

Here's take 2. Hopefully it was a case that last time I tried to post this, and after previewing it I forgot to hit submit. If it was actually deleted, I hope it doesn't piss anyone off :sweat

Though I suspect I just forgot to hit submit

I've come to a decision that in a few months time when I move into a bigger room I'm going to buy a pair (or trio depending on how many are there etc*) of dwarf hamsters. For about a decade I've wanted to have rats at some point...neither of my parents have ever been keen. However after our unexpected stop at a pet shop my mum has said the hamsters are cute, and I too have found how cute they can be.

Plus they're a bit cheaper both in animal price and cages, yet could live a little be longer then a rat on average :D

*If there were only three dwarf hamsters in the display container I don't think I'd have the heart to leave one by itself :sweat
Image Image Image

Truered

Postby Truered » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:56 pm

Ah whoops, I changed my mind to a Syrian hamster a few weeks ago, as I thought it'd be better to dedicate all my time to one animal. And I bought one on Sunday

His eyes are red, and I can currently hear him eating behind me. Normally he loves to run on his wheel/saucer (had to replace the wheel as it was just far too noisy+ he'd outgrow it soon anyway) however today he has spent most of his time hiding in his house :(
Image Image Image

Zin5ki

Postby Zin5ki » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:23 pm

We used to have a Syrian hamster. From what I recall, the diminutive critter was quite fond of Brazil nuts.

Truered

Postby Truered » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:43 am

Zin5ki wrote:We used to have a Syrian hamster. From what I recall, the diminutive critter was quite fond of Brazil nuts.

Gizmo is kind fond of sleeping, stretching and then running on his wheel for hours :D

Also I'll let you all in on my current big secret- can't mention it on FB for now, as my sister/dad can't find out yet :lol: In a few months when I move into a bigger room I'm planning on getting a trio of female dumbo rats :D I've wanted to own rats for over a decade after my friend had some at primary school.

If all goes well my room will house one human, one hamster and three rats :sweat
Image Image Image

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:11 am

It's Butters! She's mah lovable kitteh! Here are some of the best recent pics I've taken of her

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:48 am

What a beautiful cat. The third picture makes my heart melt.

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:01 am

Oh wow! More pics of fur people. So who is the grey intruder in the third photo?
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

ningensei

Postby ningensei » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:38 am

Wow, a female orange tabby is not something that you see everyday. She is really cute! My cat is an orange tabby too :D

classicalzawa

Postby classicalzawa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:24 am

The little grey cat is, appropriately, called "Fuzz". She also lives here, but spends her time in my mom's room or the upstairs floor that we mostly use for storage that's part of her room. I don't like her very much, she's not overly sociable or anything and she's a little bitch most of the time, but she does have a sweet mew and if she allows you to pet her, she's very soft too. Believe it or not, Fuzz most likes big hairy guys like my step-dad, lol, he calls her his "little grey bitch" and she actually responds to it. But, Fuzz appears to be a bulimic cat, so we have to feed her small amounts like 8-10 times a day or she'll just overeat then go puke somewhere. And, as I'm sure you can imagine looking at her fur, she coughs up hairballs all too often. While Butters is a bit of a fatty, Fuzz is underweight. Despite being smaller than Butters, Fuzz is clearly the dominant cat, Butters usually goes "ok, you eat first, Fuzz" and backs off.

But Butters also has the best temperament ever! She's the type of cat who will sleep under the sheets with you! And she's always so soft and warm! But then she also likes to annoy me sometimes and not let me sleep by messing with whatever she finds and I have to boot her adorable ass upstairs and shut the door so I can get some sleep! She's also fairly playful with her favorite toys so I still call her a kitten even though she's like, 7. Also, she lets me mess with her! Sometimes when she's yawning, when she yawns and her mouth is open at its widest, I'll stick my finger in her mouth sideways (like a dog biting down on a bone) and she doesn't bit me, she kinda is like "wuuut?" but she never injures my finger at all, lol. Also, while Fuzz sometimes whines and doesn't stfu, Butters isn't as talkative. Instead, she does these adorable little expression filled "puurrr?" at me, like when she jumps up on the bed or sofa. Or when I grab her and she wasn't quite expecting it or I pet her and she wakes up. She only meows when she's starving, and even then, only at the food bowl.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:05 am

Butters is indeed cute as anything. And the fist bump pic is awesome lol. Got some of Sam (Crista's cat) doing the same. I'll have to upload them ASAP as soon as I find the damn connector cable.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:57 am

So since I moved my personal pictures to Flickr I wanted to re-post some old pics. The first cat is Misty. She's the one we had to put to sleep a few months back because she was just fading and was old. Still miss her. After her is Calypso. He's the stray I took in and only had for 2 months before he passed due to heart issues. He was my boy and I miss him too but at least he had 2 good months instead of being outside alone.

And here are some new ones of Sam and Booboo. Go to my Flickr page to see the rest.

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:55 am

Can't believe you posted that very unlady-like picture of BooBoo! No dignity! ;)

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:51 am

I love the last pic. What an adorable face.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:26 am

She was trying out for PlayKitty I think lol.

Truered

Postby Truered » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:22 pm

A couple of days ago took a few pics of Gizmo

He peeked up to see what was going on a while before I took the pics :D

Image Image Image

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:35 am

So here are a few new pictures of the stray kittens. The first 4 are them chowing down on can food. They destroy it when I put some out heh. The last one is taken from outside looking in the guest room windows. The one kitten has been coming out and laying on the bed a lot lately. Whenever one of us leaves or comes home we look and more often than not it's there. In fact I just got a late night coffee run and it's there right now.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:34 am

So here are some new ones of all the cats.

Return to “Media”