Your Pets

A place for all your pictures, videos, avatars, and anything else media related.
Psycho 101
Promoter

Your Pets

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:10 pm

I figured we should have a thread dedicated not to just other animals, but our own as well. So if you've got pics of your pets (yes Cloe you can spam us with pics of Maya ;))let everyone see. I'll start with my own babies. Frosty is the dog (black lab/chesapeake retriever mix) and the gray cat is Misty and the black one is Raven.

Pastachan

Re: Your Pets

Postby Pastachan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:02 pm

I love that last picture of Raven! S/he(?) is sooo adorable! Reminds me of my cat, Crystal, except she was various colors of grey. Can't wait to see more cat pictures. ♥

Click to see a picture of our dog, Xander. (We normally call him "Xandie," but he has many, many nicknames.) But yeah, since my cat died four years ago, I figure I might as well post a pic of my brother's dog. He's a border collie mixed with something else or whatever, and he's probably the only dog I like enough to fawn over. I *heart* this puppy, seriously.

Here are some others taken by my brother on his cell phone:

(Er, that's not a picture of me with long hair in the background...!)

Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:27 pm

All 3 are she's actually. My previous 2 cats are also females. We never really designed it that way, just sort of happened. All my cats have been from the pound or rescues. Frosty is the only non-rescue pet we've had. Since the cats were rescues the gender was not really a choice. It was a save the cat cause they're sweet and all 4 have turned out to be female. I actually wanted a male dog but the former co-worker of my dad (who we got Frosty from) said all the other puppies from the litter were spoken for except for frosty and one other female pup. Frosty just seemed more....outcast. She was by herself in the small fenced in area and not with her siblings. So I picked her. She however whined all the way home too from being separated from her mom and siblings.

Saki

Postby Saki » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:28 am

You guys have seen my cats, but I'm going to post pics nonetheless.

Misaki (and yeah, Ta-kun)

The original Scaredy Cat, Taro.

And a bonus...

My guardian angel, Yato.
ImageImage

Nankatsu's Field: Updated every Monday

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:36 pm

They are all so cute! Taro looks like a younger, more streamlined version of my cat Boo-Boo.

Not the greatest shot in the world but here is Boo-Boo in the basket:

Next is Sapphire, our German Shepherd. We often call her "Snout"... you can see why. She follows my husband everywhere:

Next is my cat, Sammy-the-Weasel, or Samson for short. He has bushel basket paws... because he has a few extra toes. Unfortunately, I don't have any good shots of his paws. The cats have a tendency to follow me around, especially Sammy. Definitely a Momma's boy. My husband goes to bed quite early, and Boo-Boo goes right with him because he rubs her belly. Here's Samson:

Just for kicks, here's a photo of one of my parent's dogs. His name is Peanut. He's a Japanese Chin which is a fairly small dog. Their other dog is a German Shepherd. You can imagine the two together... they are the best of friends. Peanut is one of those dogs that he's so ugly, he's cute... you have to know his personality probably to better understand:

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:07 am

Well, I'll be the first out there to post a picture other than a cat or a dog. This is my Hamster: Hamsteak. I've never had a cat or dog, because when I was younger I was always allergic, and my mom babysits so we cant really have any kind of pet like that. It would have been better to have this thread a few days ago, cause Hamsteak passed on Wednesday, but I'll post her picture nonetheless, even though I think I have already.

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:02 pm

cow-boy_be-bop wrote:Well, I'll be the first out there to post a picture other thatn a cat or a dog. This is my Hamster: Hamsteak. I've never had a cat or dog, because when I was younger I was always allergic, and my mom babysits so we cant really have any kind of pet like that. It would have been better to have this thread a few days ago, cause Hamsteak passed on Wednesday, but I'll post her picture nonetheless, even though I think I have already.
Sorry about Hamsteak... how sad. She was a cutie!

Saki

Postby Saki » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:23 pm

Rest peacefully in peanut fields, Hamsteak.
ImageImage

doug19992000

Postby doug19992000 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:15 am

Sorry to hear about your hamster cow-boy_be-bop.

Here's a link to a small photo collection of my three cats.
Milo is the oldest out of the three. I believe she will turn 19 this year or maybe 20, I'm not really sure. Princess is pretty much the alpha cat. Well, the alpha cat out of her and Lucy. She knows better then to mess with Milo. Even though she's bigger than Milo. Lucy is the youngest out of the three and is always being chased around by Princess. Well, he isn't always being chased by her. She can't chase him if she can't find him.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:13 am

Well I figured I'd post 2 new pictures. We have first Misty with her patented Lazer Eye Vision sitting on my bed. Complete with this month's issue of Bon Appetite heh. Then we havee Frosty in all her fearsome glory. Yes, truly a remarkable guard dog. :lol:

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:07 pm

Okay... just out of curiosity, why did you name your dog "Frosty"?

Actually, if anyone has any interesting stories on why your pet has their name, that would be nice to hear/read - as well as seeing the pics.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:19 pm

Well I can tell ya why I've named all my pets. Except one. My first cat Lucy I got when I was 4. I don't remember why we named her Lucy. Maybe that was her name at the pound already? I had her for 12 years until I was 16 when she passed away due to cancer. Frosty was the first of the new animals. I named her Frosty because I thought the name was cool. That's all there is too it lol. But yes, naming a black dog Frosty is rather odd heh. Then we got Misty. Actually my parents got her from Pet Smart while shopping for dog food. It was one of the SPCA's adoption days there. So I came home from school and found I had another cat again heh. I named her Misty cause she was a scardy cat and slinked away like mist. Plus she's gray. Then I brought home Raven followed by Bandit from the animal hospital I was working at. Raven got named so because when she was younger she loved to jump up onto high places and just watch people. Made me think of the Edgar Allen Poe poem. Plus she's solid black heh. Bandit was named that because she was a trouble maker lol. She got into EVERYDAMNTHING. Jewelry....toys...clothes...toilet paper. If it was out she'd play with it and/or hide it from you. So the name fit her to a tee. She was the real talker and adventurous one of the 3 cats too. Always running up to the couch to inspect new people coming into the house. She'd follow you too and meow until you stopped to pet her. She followed me for 15 minutes doing this because I did that as an experiment. I miss her a lot. She died young at the age of 4 or 5 due to kidney failure. She was the runt from a littler tossed into a dumpster and abandoned. So the fact she had about 5 good years is something I guess. She was the one my dad liked the most out of the cats too. Raven has become more of my mom's cat now and Misty mine. Lucy was without a doubt my cat growing up and was always spending time with me over everyone else. Frosty is just an attention whore to the fullest since. The picture proves that one lol. She'll roll over like that for 99.9% of people when they come into the house. Some guard dog heh.

doug19992000

Postby doug19992000 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:50 pm

I don't know how Princess or Lucy got their names. I got Princess from my sister when she got kicked out of the one house she was living in. When she looks out the front door she'll growl at the people and cars going by the house. But if someone walks toward the house she will run away scared. Except the one time she hissed at the mailman.

Lucy, I received from my niece who couldn't afford to keep him any longer and since the local animal shelter was euthanizing animals (including people's pets they left there while they went out of town) we decided to take him in.

Milo I got from some guy that pushes a cart around the neighborhood collecting scrap metal or whatever. She got her name from the movie Milo and Otis.

We had another cat named Tiger who died several years back from kidney failure. There was a group of stray cats roaming the alley where I was living at the time. What me and my sister did was put out a can of tuna fish and wait for one of them to approach it. Several of them managed to get away before we finally caught Tiger and bring him into the house.

Saki

Postby Saki » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Yato: When I was little, I couldn't say Gato (cat), but Yato. Mom's idea.

Misaki: I had always wanted to use that name for a female cat.

Taro: His name was going to be Ariel, but my mom didn't like it. So I thought "I have Misaki. Why not have a Taro?" since one of my fave anime characters is Misaki Taro from Captain Tsubasa.
ImageImage

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:02 pm

My father picked-up Boo-Boo the night before Halloween. He overheard the workers at PetSmart state they were concerned, because they didn't want her to be adopted to be used in Halloween rituals, considering she is all black. He interrupted them and stated he would take her home. My dad is such a sucker for animals.... but you could never tell by looking at him! She likes to do that scaredy-cat thing, with the arched back where she hops sideways... especially when you go "Boo!" So we started to call her Boo-Boo.

Sapphire was adopted from the SPCA, and that's the name she came with. She was about 2 years old and was used to the name. Her nickname is "Snout" though... it's obvious why from the pictures.

"Sammy-the-Weasel"... have you ever seen the Weasel on Looney Tunes? The one that is all high-strung and goes "Yeah, yeah, yeah..."... that's Sammy for you. He's just a weasel... get's into everything and is soooo happy about it. He was adopted when he was one year old, and already was named Samson. Based on his personality, "Sammy-the-Weasel" was the natural progression.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:09 am

Well I mentioned about how I have my new cat Calypso. So here are a few pics of my boy.

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:23 am

Cute photos... what a sweetie! I have a feeling that Cal's special spot in the winter is going to be in front of the fireplace. If I were him, that's where you would find me! My parents have a wood burning stove and all the animals gather there.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:34 am

My parents have one too at their house and in front of it between the reclining chair and sofa is where Frosty usually is. That or ON the sofa lol.

Saki

Postby Saki » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:36 pm

As I said, he's adorable.
ImageImage

ningensei

Postby ningensei » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:48 pm

Aw, he's so cute! He almost looks like my kitty, but mine is an orange and white tabby.

Return to “Media”