Your Pets

A place for all your pictures, videos, avatars, and anything else media related.
Psycho 101
Promoter

Re: Your Pets

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:49 am

So here are photos of the 2 brand new kitties we adopted. Yoda is the brown tiger design cat and the brownish with white big one is Sherlock. This raises our total in 3-4 months from 2 cats to 5 cats now lol. I'll get some new ones of the stray one Frodo we took in back in the holidays,

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:33 am

More pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here we have Yoda
ImageImage
ImageImage

Here is Sherlock
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Here we have our baby Frodo
ImageImage
ImageImage

Here's Booboo

Sammy
ImageImage

Some group shots
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Family Dog Frosty
ImageImage

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:08 am

So I figure it's time for some more kitty goodness. I take too many pictures of our cats so I gotta share some more heh. Plus I figured I'd give some updates on their personalities. We've Sherlock and Yoda now since February I think. Frodo since December. Hard to believe we've had them this long already. Well they've really developed in terms of their personalities.

Yoda is the biggest baby in the world. Honestly never met a cat that is so trusting, loving, and just down right uncaring. I mean you can mess with him, make him stand and dance, and just generally do whatever you want to him and he just lays there and laps up the attention. The way he lays with people and acts just shows how open and trusting he is. He runs to the door and greets us when we get home like a dog and follows us around the house if he's awake. He simply cannot be awake and not in a room with one of us. Such a baby. How anyone could simply throw him away is beyond me. In fact given his past the fact he is so trusting is just amazing to me. He's also a little piggy and getting a small belly going. Call him Chumba Wumba often heh. He is also a world class spaz and about as graceful as a 3 legged buffalo in a china shop. Hence his other nick name of Special Ed. He has however become best buds with the remaining stray from the 3 we took in back in the winter. he and Frodo are like brothers. Rather cute. Yoda also sleeps in the weirdest positions sometimes. He is Mr Social and loves company and laying in laps.

Sherlock, the other cat from the SCPA we adopted, is turning out to be a real oddball. He likes laying on top of high places but not your normal ones. On top of my stereo system and dressers for example. He also loves laying in boxes but that's not as surprising. He's EXTREMELY curious and has to know everything you're doing. And inspect everything you're eating. He is a piggy too heh. Where as Yoda destroys the cat food (and is the stinkiest cat easily in the litter box) Sherlock destroys human food. LOVES milk and ice cream but also a bunch of other odd items. So far on the list of odd food he likes we have wonton soup (and wontons), egg drop soup, ham and cheese sandwiches on multi grain bread, pickle juice, and he LOVES cheddar and rotisserie chicken. He likes laying in the bath tub sometimes too. What is creepy is when he sleeps on top of my dresser at night watching us. Like the security panther from that insurance commercial. He however is not graceful like Yoda. Where as Yoda is just a klutz Sherlock acts like he's unsure of things he walks on. Running he's fine but when he's walking....like he has 3 left feet. He likes laying in laps like Yoda but only if you have a pillow. He'll sit and lay on the pillow in your lap and face you and just watch you. He also has an interesting trait of loving to be picked up. He'll often follow us and meow at us while looking up at us from our feet. He'll even stretch up to us like a little kid asking to be picked up by mommy and daddy. Loves being held where he can look over your shoulder. He has started playing with Yoda and Frodo much more frequently lately too which is nice. We call Sherlock Llama cat as he has a long body but shorter legs and a smaller head compared to his body. Like a mini llama lol. We're also convinced he sees dead people or spirits. He'll suddenly stare wide eyed at the ceiling or wall at nothing for no reason.

As for Frodo talk about a 180 in personality. When we first brought him and the other strays in they were all so cautious and scared. And especially after the first vet visit where only he made it home. After that he was so lonely without his friends. Hence why we got Sherlock and Yoda. It's been nice to see him and Yoda bond so well. He gets along well with Sherlock too but it's obvious he big bro is Yoda. Follows him around the house like a puppy. He snuck back outside thanks to some drama here. Long story I posted about before in another thread. Since being back he's changed even more. he's become much more social with Sentire and I and even strangers. He'll often come up to people if they sit on the floor or sofa where as he would used to run from everyone and everything. He runs around with Yoda early in the AM daily to play and wrestle and get into trouble. He's progressively let Sentire and I pet him more and more and runs far less even when he's out in the family and living rooms. He loves attention and has quite the motor when he purrs. Turned into a real nice kitty. He's also grown about 50% since we brought him in. He was around 1 year old when we bought him in but he was obviously malnourished by how much he's grown out and in weight. We call him our little scrapper after all he's been through. He loves laying in the cat tube/scratching post thing we bought for the cats. Hopefully he'll continue to become more social. The interesting thing is when my parents visit with the family dog he's the cat who goes up to her the most. Would've expected him to run from her but every time she's here he checks Frosty out. It's also cute watching him and Yoda groom each other and lick each other's heads.

And Sentire's 2 older cats Sam and Booboo have become more accepting on the new cats too. Sam doesn't hiss or spit much anymore. Except when Yoda tries to chase or pounce on his tail on the bed heh. Booboo treats them like she treats Sam. Which is I'll watch you but leave me alone lol. They can walk by her and lay near her but as long as they don't bother her she doesn't hiss or spit anymore. So the old fogies are adapting well. Here are some new pics finally.

Yoda
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sherlock
ImageImage

Sammy
ImageImage

Frodo

ImageImage
ImageImage

Booboo

ImageImage

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:13 pm

^ What a coincidence: my sister had a black short haired cat she named Lucy but she also called it "Booboo". Unfortunately Lucy is no longer with us.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Wow the kitties got fat since we saw them last lol. Glad to see that they are healthy and cared for.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:50 pm

d.yaro wrote:^ What a coincidence: my sister had a black short haired cat she named Lucy but she also called it "Booboo". Unfortunately Lucy is no longer with us.

My first cat that I had for 13 years was named Lucy. :) Looked a lot like Yoda but was a short hair.

And yea Chris they are getting fat lol. Yoda has gained the most girth since coming here easily. Sherlock is no slouch but he's just bigger all around so it's not mostly girth he's gained. Frodo however has gained the most. He's gained at least 50% in size and stature since we took him in. He's not fat at all but we can tell he's filled out to look more like a normal cat. So nice he's becoming more and more social too. He's a real lush for attention if you can get him to let you pet him. He'd let you pet him or brush him for hours with no problem. He's got quite the motor too. Sherlock and Yoda both are very quiet with their purring. Frodo however is like Sam, loud and noisy heh. Sam still takes the cake though heh. He and Booboo have lost weight actually. Which honestly for them at 14 is good. They could both stand to lose some pounds so it's good for them to lose some. Especially Sam, he was getting porky. Good thing Yoda runs around so much and gets his exercise otherwise his new name would be wide load lol. I'm still sad Gandolf and Merlin had to be put down as they were wild/feral cats, but we were able to save Frodo and because of the other 2 being put to sleep we went out and saved Sherlock and Yoda. So things work out for a reason I suppose.

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Me and Jack hanging out while his cage gets cleaned

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:58 am

It looks like the rest of the dark fur is slowly enveloping his white face lol

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:12 am

Yes...yes he can has cheeseburger

I think Sherlock is mocking me

Sherlock seems to think our plants are just foot rests for him to enjoy

Sammy has taken a new interest in sleeping in grocery bags.

Frodo being curious as always. Such a handsome lad.

So I left my Hellsing Ultimate bag out once and since then Yoda has decided this is his favorite place to sleep in the family room. Besides the computer desk anyways. Which is where he is as I type this passed out upside down next to me. Much like picture #2.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:00 pm

More pics of our horde.

Here's Booboo being inquisitive for a change. Instead of scared lol.

Sam enjoying some of the last summer sun.

Sherlock had started laying on our bed at night and during the day now. Last winter when we first got him (well....end of winter/beginning of spring this year) he stayed in the guest room on that bed during the day and night when sleeping. He's really in the past few months become less solitary and more a big baby who needs attention all the time. You can tell by his transformation he was not given a lot of attention by his previous owners and he is loving it. And loving sleeping on our bed.

Sherlock also still loves getting into every damn thing lol.

The 3 youngins enjoying some late afternoon sun.

The same 3 troublemakers following some squirrels outside.

Yoda and Sherlock watching intently as I fill the food bowls back up.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:20 pm

So this week and month has started off about as shitty as one can start. Amid the myriad of bullshit with trying to get a job, the ex-boss lying to unemployment to screw me over, the issues with our roommate, and trying to find a new place/pack I got to start the month by putting my dog to sleep Monday afternoon. Not a pleasant experience to say the least. Frosty was a big baby. She was a black lab and Chesapeake retriever mix. She was the biggest baby and very social and friendly. Loved all animals too and helped raise some cats the family has had. Except with UPS people for some reason. Loved the Fed Ex guy, but not anyone from UPS. She was 15 years old so she had a good full life. It doesn't make it easier though.

Her body was simply shutting down though and she could barely walk, move, eat, or even use the bathroom. The medicine we had for her prolonged her from having to be put to sleep at the beginning of this year so she did get some extra time. When we weighed her in she was only 55lbs. Last visit 3-4 months ago she was 75-80lbs. That should show how quickly she was deteriorating. Our long time vet and family friend Grant Nisson did the deed himself and stayed with us and her for a while afterwards. He's a great vet and it was very nice of him. He's been her vet these past 15 years and knew her well. Hopefully she's up in doggy heaven now after having a good long life with us. Here are some photos of her. I've posted them before but whatever.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:14 pm

So here are some shots of Mincemeat and PJ on their first night checking out the house and some of the other kitties.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Some more of Mincemeat and PJ after a few days. PJ is coming out more but is still skiddish some. Owners said she was like that at first so no worries. She's already getting braver which is good. Mincemeat however....after just 2 days he basically started making this place his own as you can see. He is 16 and a bit unsure when walking up and down objects with his footing. Other than that though, and his hyper thyroid issue but he's on meds, he's a real trooper. Loves attention and is a big talker when you first get home. PJ spends most of her time in the living room while Mince spends his in the family room. Glad we could help them out. Only other option for the family was putting them to sleep. This way they got a few more years left. Sentire's co-worker can't wait to get them both and give them their final permanent home once the roommate leaves in March. The roommate is VERY allergic to cats hence why we have them for a few months in this transitory period. Plus given my new job it's best anyways so I can give Mince his pills and monitor him to make sure he's eating/drinking and not vomiting. By the time March rolls around his pills will be done and hopefully he'll gain back some weight and be in a bit better shape. The hilarious thing is he looks grumpy all the time with how his face is structured. He has a little patch of hair on his forehead that hangs over some. Give that and his actual facial structure he always looks grumpy lol. We call him grumps sometimes for fun. Often looks like he is scowling at you lol.
ImageImage
ImageImage

And what would a post be from me without more of our horde right? Gotta show them off heh. So how about a handful of new ones.

Here's Sherlock and Yoda using their soul stealer powers!!!!

Yoda may be the cutest sleeping cat ever heh.

Sherlock got caught using the shower

Sam enjoying some of the last good sunny weather we had.

I think Sherlock is mocking me.

Lazy bastard duo.

he has such a simple and vacant look sometimes lol. Loves his boxes though.

Sherlock sees you trying to sneak away without feeding them.

Rare shot of Frodo out during the middle of the day relaxing.

Yoda, Sam, and Booboo all just chillin like villains.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:34 am

Been FARRRRR too long since I posted here. So here's some new ones of the kitties. Special mention goes to Boo may she rest in piece.

Sherlock

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Yoda

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Frodo

ImageImage

Samson

ImageImage
ImageImage

And finally BooBoo R.I.P.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:58 am

Got a few new pics. Including a few with the new guy Alaister. He has acclimated himself quite well to the house and the kitty horde.

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:18 am

I presume the mostly white one is Alaister. How old is he? My sister once had a white cat that lost its black spots as it grew up from a kitten.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

beken

Postby beken » Thu May 29, 2014 5:56 am

Not really my pet. My neighbour's. Though he listens to me and takes me out for walks more than my neighbours do.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:14 am

Pretty yellow lab

cow-boy_be-bop

Postby cow-boy_be-bop » Fri May 30, 2014 10:38 pm

Some updated pics of my piggy being silly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:26 pm

A few new ones of the kitties.

Return to “Media”