Google+

A place for all your pictures, videos, avatars, and anything else media related.
Krimson

Google+

Postby Krimson » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Is anyone using this? I've been on since just after the beta started. If you're interested in connecting my profile is here

Krimson

Re: Google+

Postby Krimson » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Alrighty then, I'll take that as a no.

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:53 am

Well it is open to a limited number of people. I guess no one here was invited to the party lol. I'm confused as to what google plus is anyway. Can you give us a description or is it not allowed?

Krimson

Postby Krimson » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:09 am

Best way to describe is its like Facebook but not Facebook. If you have a Gmail address (Yahoo addresses seem to work too), I can add you and though its not instant, an invite will be sent usually the same day.

doug19992000

Postby doug19992000 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:12 am

So, basically if you have a Gmail account you're already a member, or do you still have to sign up for Google+?

Krimson

Postby Krimson » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:20 am

You still have to sign up (kind of like how it worked for Wave), because its not active by default. By sign up I mean be invited.

Pastachan

Postby Pastachan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:33 pm

I know it's still in Beta mode, but I'm not sure if I like G+. Because it's so limited, there's like no one on it, which kinda defeats the whole purpose of trying to build a community. Plus, I invited my boyfriend a long time ago and he still hasn't received a profile yet, whereas I invited someone more recently and he's already got his set up, so... whuh?

It's so boring and slow I don't feel any reason or need to be on it. I already had a Google profile a before all this, and so far this is exactly the same thing just with the option of posting pics and statuses. Google needs to stop trying to be all exclusive and shit and just open Plus up to the public.
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

Krimson

Postby Krimson » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Well, I already have over 60 people in my anime circle in G+, not to mention my other circles, so its pretty active to me. But I kind of anticipated this non-reaction. So maybe just forget I asked and delete the thread.

doug19992000

Postby doug19992000 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:45 pm

Let's not delete this thread just yet. Maybe in the future when somebody else has a question about who else is on Google+ they can be referred to this thread as opposed to making another one.

chrisb

Postby chrisb » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:51 pm

Someone said that the TOS is worse than Facebook's :? I don't really know anyone who uses/plans to use it so I'll probably set up an account in the future once it "matures."

Sentire

Postby Sentire » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:36 am

I have on friend who has already posted that they are pretty much planning on making the switch from Fbook to Google+. He seemed to think it is much better and told his friends on FBook that they should expect to see him there much less. I went to look into it, but the beta was pretty much at full capacity at this time, but they took my e-mail info.

@Krimson: Can you tell me what specifically you like so far with it? When I asked me friend what they preferred over Fbook, I received a generic "everything". I'd be interested to hear a bit more detail than that. Btw, I'm glad you posted on this. :mrgreen:

Krimson

Postby Krimson » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Well, with the circles its easier to manage friends and content. I know a bunch of people into Anime, so I put then in an anime circle. If I post something to that circle, everyone in the group gets the post. Sometimes I do that instead of making a public post, since the people in my Empire Avenue circle probably don't want content directed to my Anime circle.

People of course can be in multiple circles, and privacy seems very easy to manage. Content is easy to post, with more option and posts are not limited to 140 or 420 characters, like Twitter and Facebook. It has a nice flow to it, and is kind of like what I wish Tumblr (which I end up never using) was.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:45 am

No opinion myself as I neither have a gmail account nor was invited to a beta party. I never get invited to the cool parties lol. I do however want to share this for laughs.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9MtttXI2q8[/youtube]

Return to “Media”