Your Pets

A place for all your pictures, videos, avatars, and anything else media related.
Psycho 101
Promoter

Re: Your Pets

Postby Psycho 101 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Ya'll want cute? Here's kitten cuteness overload.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:08 am

beken

Postby beken » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:31 am

d.yaro
Head Moderator
Location: Yonezawa, Yamagata, Japan... Home of the famous "Yonezawa Gyu (Beef)"

Postby d.yaro » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:57 pm

^ That's an interesting photo. Is that the natural colour of that fish? I've never seen one that colour before.
"Boredom is not an appropriate response to exploding cars." - Hugh Laurie
My Flickr Photostream / My Plurk timeline

beken

Postby beken » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:14 am

d.yaro wrote:^ That's an interesting photo. Is that the natural colour of that fish? I've never seen one that colour before.

Maybe you didn't look in my aquarium when you were over at Christmas. :lol: It's an albino plecostamus (aka algae eater). That's it's natural colour. I've had this one for 3 years now but I keep reading they can grow to 15" long. I hope not. It wouldn't fit my aquarium.

beken

Postby beken » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:14 am

d.yaro wrote:^ That's an interesting photo. Is that the natural colour of that fish? I've never seen one that colour before.

Maybe you didn't look in my aquarium when you were over at Christmas. :lol: It's an albino plecostamus (aka algae eater). That's it's natural colour. I've had this one for 3 years now but I keep reading they can grow to 15" long. I hope not. It wouldn't fit my aquarium.

d.yaro
Head Moderator

Postby d.yaro » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:28 pm

^ No, I didn't study each and every fish in your aquarium. :P

If it does outgrow your aquarium I guess you could sell it to some tropical fish shop.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:05 am

Here are some more of mine

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:30 am

More of the horde, followed by some photos of animals from work.

This is the stray cat Tom we've taken in to foster until we can find him a permanent home.

Next up are some photos of some snakes brought into work the other day. Just regular old black rat snakes. Common here. A local shop owner found them tangled in fishing net outside his shop in a big outdoor trashcan. He brought them into us. We cut all 3 out and all 3 lived. They were all very cold and probably in shock. Once we got them out we put them in a tub with a heating pad underneath and some latex gloves filled with warm water. Within 2 hours they were much more lively and doing ok. One employee wanted some snakes for her property, control the rodent issue, so she took them.

And here are some random photos of animals from work I got to help.

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:55 pm

Here's some photos of a kitty we fostered earlier this year.

And here are some more photos of the clan and some videos of Angus playing.

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
Video 4

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:59 pm

Some pics of animals from work.

So for those who don't know about 2 weeks ago we had a little kitten dropped off. Maybe 4 weeks old. Only .4 lbs. She was found with 2 dead siblings in a box outside. Maggots had taken care of the other 2. Enough said on that. This one had maggots in her eyes under them and under the 3rd eyelid. Another tech and I had to use a wet q-tip to dig them out. A very hard thing given her small size. We risked damaging the eyes ourselves. Had no choice though. We got most out. We then put some ointment in to help her eyes and over night tech flushed the rest of the maggots out that the ointment pushed out. She had an upper respiratory infection but is getting over that now too. Not sure on if there's any damage to the eyes but she can see. Have to wait til she's a bit older to do tests to see how well she can see and if there's any damage. One of the other techs is fostering her for now. So here's a before and after her bath photo from that night she was dropped off.

Here's some photos of a cute puppy we had in for several days. She tested positive for Parvo. A very serious virus that mostly affects puppies and old non-vaccinated dogs. She was found on the side of the road with her siblings. Their mother was dead. The others went to a rescue and were kept separate while they were treated. The only one who got sick was this one so she was brought to us. I think the normal odds for a puppy with parvo surviving is like 1 in 4. Once they have it full blown the majority of the time it's fatal. Fortunately we caught it very early in here. Within 48 hours she was like a different dog and acting like a normal puppy. I dealt with her the most. Got her to learn to sit and then come run after me outside when I walked her in our isolation area. The other treatment manager watched me once. The phone room, and coffee pot, face the isolation walking area so he watched me "training" her one day. He said it was funny how she wouldn't walk or do anything for anyone else but listened to me and played with me. I'll be honest, the idea of adopting her did occur to me. But right now having a dog just wouldn't work for us well. With our schedules we couldn't give a dog the time it deserved. Someday soon hopefully. The photos were taken on the last day of her stay. We had removed her catheter and she was leaving later that day. That's the only reason I was allowed to take my phone into isolation fyi. Anyways, here she is....

Next up is a cute little ferret brought in. We work with the local PetCo animal store whenever they have sick animals. So this little girl was brought in. Probably had influenza. So we treated her, kept her overnight, and then she left the next day. Most people didn't want to handle her. I personally love ferrets. Yes they can smelly even with their glands removed and they do chew EVERYTHING. They are cute though and most in my experience do like attention.

beken

Postby beken » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:37 pm

Not really my pets. My cousin's

Zin5ki

Postby Zin5ki » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:23 pm

A bunny duet!

beken

Postby beken » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:32 am

There are at least 3 humming birds that frequent the feeder on my back patio.
This one is wondering why breakfast is frozen.

Went out and put the air dryer to it later to warm it up and melt it a bit and they were waiting when we put the feeder back out.

d.yaro
Head Moderator

Postby d.yaro » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:40 am

beken wrote:...Went out and put the air dryer to it later to warm it up and melt it a bit and they were waiting when we put the feeder back out.
I bet the birds really appreciated that. It must be a tough winter for all sorts of small creatures and birds in the Lower Mainland of BC. :(

Zin5ki

Postby Zin5ki » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:34 pm

A bracing time indeed, but surely they grow accustomed to it. To such an end, the local ducks seem not to be fazed by the solidity of their regular swimming quarters.

beken

Postby beken » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:50 am

d.yaro
Head Moderator

Postby d.yaro » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:33 am

^ I presume you befriended that duck.... ;) Can't imagine you having a pet duck. :lol:

beken

Postby beken » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:05 pm

No..I'm the duck's pet. These are his friends.

Return to “Media”