Am I just going crazy or not...?

A section for fans of both Western and Eastern forms of graphic novels, manga, magazines, books, and everything in between.
Truered

Am I just going crazy or not...?

Postby Truered » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:10 am

Well a few weeks ago I decided to buy volume 1 of "All new tenchi muyo" alas not checking the availability of other volumes. And I swear volume 2 must have been some superduper rare edition as no where has it, not even ebay. I could buy a used copy for £8 (cheapest found so far) but honestly how can one volume out of a ten volume series just vanish into thin air?

I enjoyed volume 1, and would like to collect it, but it's just not good enough to warrant £8 (+£3 delivery). So is it just me or is there some magical place that actually sells it?

And has anyone else had similar problems? As you might remember from ANN it took me months to track down excel saga 5+6

:x
Image Image Image

braves

Re: Am I just going crazy or not...?

Postby braves » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:52 pm

It happens more than you think, actually. There might be a certain volume where something "special" happens (a fan favorite gets introduced, killed, etc.) and that leads to it selling more volumes than others. I think this pretty much happens to almost every series. The difference with some is that the companies decided not to reprint them because the series didn't sell well overall.

Truered

Postby Truered » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:10 pm

:(

It just seems kind of a random series for it to happen to...unless tenchi is more popular then I thought in the US :lol:
Image Image Image

braves

Postby braves » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:48 pm

I always thought the Tenchi series was slightly more than moderately popular among U.S. fandom. Mostly concentrated on the old school folks and the ones who are suckers for nostalgia, though. After re-watching Tenchi Universe, it wasn't as good as I remember. But I'd still pay for the OVA collection if someone were to rescue it, as would many other people.

Truered

Postby Truered » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:11 pm

I have the first 13 episodes of the OVA thanks to being in the UK...managed to buy it for £6.99. The next day it went back up to £35 :D

Going to hold off TM manga for now and focus on the other series that are in stock ;)
Image Image Image

Past

Postby Past » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:26 am

Do you have a picture or url of which vol. 2 of Tenchi you are looking for Truered? I'm curious which one is supposedly this mythical vol. 2.

Oh and yes you are crazy, but for other reasons lol ;)
In Soviet Russia; witches strike you!Image

Return to “Manga, Comics, & Literature”