What manga or comics are you reading?

A section for fans of both Western and Eastern forms of graphic novels, manga, magazines, books, and everything in between.
Psycho 101
Promoter

What manga or comics are you reading?

Postby Psycho 101 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:18 am

So as the titles says what manga or other comic/graphic novel titles are you reading currently?

Pastachan

Re: What are you reading?

Postby Pastachan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:55 pm

As always I am keeping up with the weekly Naruto chapters. Things are really looking good lately now that we've got some of the boring crap out of the way. Following some other stuff, too, though nothing specific to mention at the moment. I didn't get the chance to pick anything up at the store manga-wise this weekend, unfortunately.

However, I did pick up my own copy of Watchmen, my first American comic ever. Yay me! Will start reading that one soon. :D
Avatar: © Range Murata, futuregraph #92
MyAnimeList | Twitter | Plurk

Saki

Postby Saki » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:23 am

Rurouni Kenshin. I'm a sucker for the anime. Now I want to read the awesomeness incarnated in the manga.
ImageImage

Nankatsu's Field: Updated every Monday

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:35 am

I too am reading the Kenshin manga. Gotta catch up on the series. As for other current series I'm currently engrossed in.....the mains ones would be Oh My Goddess (of course), Getbackers (big shock right?), Rosario + Vampire, X/1999, Negima, Battle Vixens, Fruits Basket, and Aria. There so other minor ones but those are the mains.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:59 am

The one that currently has a book mark in it is Hana Kimi but I'm also in the middle of reading:

Fruits Basket
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden
Gakuen Alice
Ghost Hunt
Gunslinger Girl
Haruka -Beyond the Stream of Time
La Corda D'Oro
Loveless
Ouran High School Host Club
S.A
Sakura Taisen
Tail of the Moon
Tenjho Tenge
The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross
Tsubasa, RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
Vampire Knight
xxxHOLiC

Jedi General

Postby Jedi General » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:08 am

I've just started reading Black God (thanks to the recent anime announcement). So far it's been pretty good and I'm already eager to see the anime, as well as continuing the manga. I've already ordered volumes 2 and 3 and they should be arriving this week.

Two other series I've been heavily reading as of late are Berserk and Fullmetal Alchemist.

I'd only seen the anime of Berserk, and I finally decided to read the manga. I'm up through 12 volumes (almost to where the anime "ended"), and it's been great experiencing the long flashback again, despite it being much more graphic and stomach-turning than the anime was.

Fullmetal Alchemist, on the other hand, I'd been stalled for the longest time at volume 8 (the point where the anime diverged). I've almost finished reading volumes 12 and I can't believe that I ever stopped. It's just as engrossing as the anime, if not more.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:12 am

I'm enjoying the FMA manga myself. I'm not comparing it to the anime. I treat it by itself and for itself and it's great. Hopefully, it won't take too long to resolve itself.

braves

Postby braves » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:37 pm

bashfulglowfly wrote:I'm enjoying the FMA manga myself. I'm not comparing it to the anime. I treat it by itself and for itself and it's great. Hopefully, it won't take too long to resolve itself.

I think Arakawa said that it was only going to be 100 chapters long. And I hope it's still that way, because even though the FMA manga is my #1 fav, it does get to be too much with all the side stories that are going on at the same time, which leads to lackluster pacing.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:20 pm

braves wrote:
bashfulglowfly wrote:I'm enjoying the FMA manga myself. I'm not comparing it to the anime. I treat it by itself and for itself and it's great. Hopefully, it won't take too long to resolve itself.

I think Arakawa said that it was only going to be 100 chapters long. And I hope it's still that way, because even though the FMA manga is my #1 fav, it does get to be too much with all the side stories that are going on at the same time, which leads to lackluster pacing.

Yeah, I do think that Arakawa has been caught in the side story trap. But hopefully s/he will be able to pull out and get everything resolved.

braves

Postby braves » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:04 pm

bashfulglowfly wrote:s/he

Arakawa is a woman. Though, we haven't seen what she looks like. She just draws herself as a cow. :o

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:45 pm

braves wrote:
bashfulglowfly wrote:s/he

Arakawa is a woman. Though, we haven't seen what she looks like. She just draws herself as a cow. :o

Well, she produces well!

Jedi General

Postby Jedi General » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:57 am

bashfulglowfly wrote:I'm enjoying the FMA manga myself. I'm not comparing it to the anime. I treat it by itself and for itself and it's great.

It's difficult for me not to compare it to the anime. I'm just too analytical of a person not to notice the differences between the two.

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:03 am

Jedi General wrote:
bashfulglowfly wrote:I'm enjoying the FMA manga myself. I'm not comparing it to the anime. I treat it by itself and for itself and it's great.

It's difficult for me not to compare it to the anime. I'm just too analytical of a person not to notice the differences between the two.

Analytical or anal? :lol: ;)

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:02 am

Hey now, if you 2 wanna talk about dirty stuff head over to the 18+ section ya hear! And I'll have to card the young lady on her way in too to make sure she's over 18. ;)

iwatch2muchanime

Re: What manga or comics are you reading?

Postby iwatch2muchanime » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:57 am

although slow, i'm still following King of Hell and amd readind the newer releases of Gunsmith Cats, as I LOVE GUNSMITH CATS

Jedi General

Postby Jedi General » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:36 am

Vagabond vol. 28 finally came out, and I read it the other day. Another great volume to add to the long list of 'em. I'm very interested to see what where Inoue goes with these current developments, although who knows how long I'll have to wait for volume 29. :roll:

Emerje
Tech Staff

Postby Emerje » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:14 am

Started reading the Persona 3 manga. It took me a while to pull together what I could from a bunch of different scanlation sources and put them in proper order. In the end chapters 1-18 with the exception chapter 15 (Plot 2). It was worth getting together, it's a pretty faithful adaptation, though it jumps around a little. They did do a nice job with the sight gags and the "hero" finally gets a real name of his own.

Emerje
"I don't see the cup as half empty or half full, I see the cup as too big." - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:26 pm

I started re-reading Meru-Puri last night...It's been a while since I've read it and I wondered why I bought the series in the first place...perhaps I was too tired to read last night...?

Psycho 101
Promoter

Postby Psycho 101 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:41 pm

Lydia too tired to read?! :o :shock:

bashfulglowfly

Postby bashfulglowfly » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:25 pm

Psycho 101 wrote:Lydia too tired to read?! :o :shock:

It was 11:30 pm...okay? :oops:

Return to “Manga, Comics, & Literature”